Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomapollyon View Post
    Do you happen to have a name/number for that person you dealt with just in case the leaving a message route doesn't go as planned?
    garrett@robbinsmotors.com

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Just remember your extended warranty is only as good as your local dealership.

I bought one for my 2013 back in the day and is was well worth the money in the long run.
    Last edited by TheMadMachinist; 1 Week Ago at 10:43 PM.
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    Just remember your extended warranty is only as your local dealership.

I bought one for my 2013 back in the day and is was well worth the money in the long run.

What does this mean?

It's missing the word "good", as in, "Just remember your extended warranty is only as good as your local dealership."

Which is a great point...the number of dealerships that will honor a warranty AND do quality work on a car that is no longer supported by the manufacturer has to be getting pretty small.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes - 1/4 Mile Passes (YouTube)
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Man. | UDP | HPT | 3.55s | MCS | DSS Axles | Nth Moto Clutch | 10.86 @ 130.66, 1.68 60' (+1,344 ft DA, w/ 3.55s & Hoosier Drag Radials)

Has anyone recently purchased a max care warranty lately and what price did you pay?

This is what I’m showing at https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
    5 years $100 dead for $7475

chryslerwarrantydirect.com quoted me $7105 for same warranty

F2AA3EFC-78DA-4A53-B7D6-7418C601E18E.jpg
    Last edited by Sniper; 1 Week Ago at 08:13 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Has anyone recently purchased a max care warranty lately and what price did you pay?

This is what I’m showing at https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
    5 years $100 dead for $7475

chryslerwarrantydirect.com quoted me $7105 for same warranty

F2AA3EFC-78DA-4A53-B7D6-7418C601E18E.jpg
    Is there anyone in St. Joe that will work on one?

I've had a ton of guys from up North bring their cars to me.

We sell Zurich extended service contracts on them, I've helped 6 or 7 guys on the forum with them. If you PM your VIN and miles I can get you a quote on one.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    While I have always had our Vipers covered by a 7 year Chrysler warranty plan, the point raised by Steve M is very important:
    "...the number of dealerships that will honor a warranty AND do quality work on a car that is no longer supported by the manufacturer has to be getting pretty small."

I would further add that many of us have been extremely disappointed in the lack of OEM parts to use in repairs.

"Back in the day" (late 1990's) when I first purchased extended warranties for our Vipers, the cost was $1,200. As time passed, snd prices rose,, the extended warranty for our Gen V cost $2,000...and, I was quite happy with that.

Over the years as good luck and good maintenence both played their roles, I never had to make a claim on the extended warranties. Some money lost...yes, but lots of peace of mind over the 22 year period.

That said. $7,000 is a LOT OF MONEY to spend on the HOPE that the needed parts and an experienced tech will be around to make the necessary repairs.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

The only dealer that will look at my car is over an hour away. All other local dealers will not touch Vipers. However, if I do the repair myself, the local dealer will cover the cost of the part. I did that for my infotainment unit.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Is there anyone in St. Joe that will work on one?

I've had a ton of guys from up North bring their cars to me.

We sell Zurich extended service contracts on them, I've helped 6 or 7 guys on the forum with them. If you PM your VIN and miles I can get you a quote on one.

I’ve been taking my car to Woodhouse in Blaire NE for work. They replaced my motor under warranty.
    Is the warranty you’re referring to the Max Care factory warranty?

I've been waiting on a window regulator from dealership for over 3 months now, even if the dealership can do the work there's no guarantee parts will be available, if they ever will be again?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Something that people might want to look into - your insurance company might offer the warranty alongside your insurance policy. When I went to insure my Rubicon 392, they offered it as an add-on, and it's only about $100/year with $100 deductible. Coverage, as far as I can tell, is the same as Max Care - and better than Max Care when it comes to the free rental car. Max Care only gives you the car for a few days, the insurance will cover the car for up to 30 days per incident.

The carrier is Geico - so if you have Geico, check it out. I haven't ever had to use it, but it looks like a good deal.

Another thing is that you don't have to go to the dealer. That's good for people who live reasonably close to a good independent Viper shop. Parts availability, as noted above, is going to be a huge pain going forward. Let's hope availability gets better - even if stuff is not OEM, there's a good business opportunity for aftermarket suppliers.
    Last edited by Martin; 1 Week Ago at 11:18 AM.

$1200 a year x 5 years = 6000

I can get a 5 year $100 ded max care warranty from my dealer for $4700

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    I’ve been taking my car to Woodhouse in Blaire NE for work. They replaced my motor under warranty.
    Is the warranty you’re referring to the Max Care factory warranty?
    Same coverage, but instead of Stellantis signing the check it's Zurich (who is about 10x's bigger than Stellantis' reinsurance company and offers more flexibility.

For instance, if you have an issue and the mechanical part being replaced would be $1200 to replace and the part is not available, you can pick out the upgraded part ($1800 or whatever) and cover the difference and Zurich still covers the original amount.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    $1200 a year x 5 years = 6000

I can get a 5 year $100 ded max care warranty from my dealer for $4700
    Actually, it's $100/year. So after five years, it's $500. I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a good deal. Price may be higher on a Viper - when I insured my Rubicon 392, they classified it as a "Jeep Wrangler Rubicon" and they probably didn't have enough data to know that the 392 is a $100k Jeep....

When I bought my ACR-E, I got a Max Care 8 year, 50,000 mile, $200 deductible (I think) for $2400. I thought that was expensive, but at today's prices, I'm glad I did it.

EDIT: I read the policy, and there are some restrictions. The car must have been purchased within the past 15 months, and have less than 15,000 miles on it. That's a bit vague as they don't say the car must be "less than 15 months old" and they don't specifically say that used cars aren't covered. The other restriction is that you have to insure through Geico, which isn't the "best" coverage, but it's never let me down.
    Last edited by Martin; 1 Week Ago at 12:06 PM.

I bought the platinum warranty from Dodge as I got a 2 year no interest loan to pay for it.

Also, it’s nice to know my 2013 Viper will have bumper to bumper warranty for another 5 years.
    Especially after just replacing a motor.

Also, it’s nice to know my 2013 Viper will have bumper to bumper warranty for another 5 years.
    Especially after just replacing a motor.
    Yup. I'm going with it, too, I think.
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    sounds cool to me - I had zero interest in the Dodge platinum plan, and I'm not feeling any pain yet.

Same here on the window regulator (my driver side is stuck down) and the shit of it is that if you go to Mopar genuine part website they have them in stock.
    2014 Black Ta #5/33

Quote Originally Posted by Trainerdave View Post
    Same here on the window regulator (my driver side is stuck down) and the shit of it is that if you go to Mopar genuine part website they have them in stock.
    I tried ordering off a bunch of sites, it's all out of stock even if they say its in stock, they'll refund your order after like 2 hours telling you its back ordered

aaa

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    I tried ordering off a bunch of sites, it's all out of stock even if they say its in stock, they'll refund your order after like 2 hours telling you its back ordered
    Yup. They have been on national backorder for at least 6 months. I haven't tried in the last few days though so maybe they are back?
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    For some of these parts, there may be a few used ones around. There are a few vendors around here that might have something sitting on the shelf that will work long enough for Mopar to get its act together.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Just checked. Regulators are NOT back in stock. There is still no ETA on when they might be.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast