Vipers Being Vipers

Wow! 7 Vipers at the track yesterday! 3 ACR's (including a new one), a TA and 3 new GTS's. We had several Corvettes, GTR's ,Ferrari, Lotus, Porsche, S2000, RX-7 and a collection of other neat cars. We even had a Honda Fit running on slicks! So much fun.

What a great day!

I have no idea how many Vipers we'll get this coming weekend but I'm expecting less than 7 seeing that it's a long weekend and folks have other things planned. I know there'll be at least 3 though.

My 2008 ACR just passed 30,000k. I've decided I need to drive it more often, so that's what I'm going to do. I'll just choose it instead of something else when I'm going somewhere.

Fun day yesterday - really, really fun.

Greg

Sounds like some fun was had! I saw a couple ACR's heading south on hwy2 yesterday afternoon, and was wondering if maybe there had been an event or track day in Edmonton. Was it at Castrol?
    2001 GTS ACR Yellow with black stripes. Heads By JM, ported and polished, 2.02"& 1.6" Valves. Custom Comp Cam. JMB intake, M&M headers 3"SS + cat delete. AKA Minion. My neighbors hate me...

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Wheres the Pics? We need evidence

I was having too much fun to take any pics......

Yes - it was at Castrol. We go again this Sunday.

You probably only saw 1 ACR going south. One was an ACR and the other a TA - but I may be wrong!

Anyway, we had a great time. I expect the same this weekend too.

Greg

BTW, one was a 2010 ACR, yellow with black stripes...... I see BrainACR has an '01 ACR - yellow with black stripes. Different car but somehow similar!

Greg

Sounds like a great time. 7 Vipers at the track is a rarity for us Albertans
    2002 Grey GTS
    2005 Yellow SRT10 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball36 View Post
    I was having too much fun to take any pics......

Yes - it was at Castrol. We go again this Sunday.

You probably only saw 1 ACR going south. One was an ACR and the other a TA - but I may be wrong!

Anyway, we had a great time. I expect the same this weekend too.

Greg
    Ha ha ya it coulda been a TA. The ACR was Silver and black with the red drivers stripe. The other GenV was all black with orange emblems. Also saw a GenIV ACR all black with red drivers stripe. What time on Sunday are you guys going to be there? I might try swing by...
    2001 GTS ACR Yellow with black stripes. Heads By JM, ported and polished, 2.02"& 1.6" Valves. Custom Comp Cam. JMB intake, M&M headers 3"SS + cat delete. AKA Minion. My neighbors hate me...

Mine's the Gen IV with the drivers side stripe. All 3 of the cars you saw were at the track.

It's not unusual for us to get this many Vipers to the track events.

I know that there were at least 3 other members with Vipers that didn't come to the track last Sunday. You never who'll come and who won't. I'm expecting a small turnout this Sunday because of the long weekend - but I never know.

This weekend we're doing a visit to The Reynolds Alberta Museum on Saturday then the track on Sunday. It should be a fun time.

Greg

When and where on Saturday are you guys meeting?

Brian, it's a private group - members only. Our group is full this year (as is the case most years). Unfortunately we've already turned away a fairly large number of potential members this year. It makes me sad to do but I have no choice. We're also not a spectator event. It's completely run in the interest of the members.

I'm just trying to make a nice little addition to our track event this weekend.

Do track events interest you? Do you have track experience?

Greg

PS, I know I'm not answering your question...... We're just a very private group. I can get you into the track to visit with me if you want.