Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Locked Keys in Trunk

Went out for smoothies and the battery went dead. Loose terminals from working on it last.
    Popped the trunk to tighten the terminals and it worked. But I closed the trunk and left the keys in it.
    Anyway to open the trunk without the backup keys? Top is down and I'm in the car if that helps any.
    Feel free to call or text me if you have a suggestion.

Tony
    205-246-0243

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Western Reserve
    PM sent (with the number of someone that can assist).

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Good to speak with you Tony...glad it worked for you.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Western Reserve
    It's nice to have someone like Steve that's willing to help folks out. Steve to the rescue... again!

So can you discuss what you did to get in the trunk? It would be nice to have a solution on the forum so others may search in the future and find it!

Tech Team

As stated before. I figured out how to do this is 2004 and since it's a security issue the "fix" will not be posted on the forums and will not be sent out in PM's either. Not trying to be rude but that's just how it is.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Tom beat me to the punch...Tom shared this solution (along with many others) with me several years ago...it has help many, many folks !!

My own solution is preventive...I ALWAYS carry two working key fobs when in a Viper as there are a handful of ways to become locked out of ALL Viper Gens. In fact, Tom and I discovered a new one on a 2013 Viper just over a week ago. Solution is not quick or simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    Tom beat me to the punch...Tom shared this solution (along with many others) with me several years ago...it has help many, many folks !!

My own solution is preventive...I ALWAYS carry two working key fobs when in a Viper as there are a handful of ways to become locked out of ALL Viper Gens. In fact, Tom and I discovered a new one on a 2013 Viper just over a week ago. Solution is not quick or simple.
    Fair enough. So even though Tom will not share this (understandably so), as long as someone posts up that they locked their keys in their trunk, you will share the secret to only that person?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Sharing the info is on a need basis...after some ownership questions solved. It us tougher for a person with no forum history. Trolls and scammers lurk about...and a few have been found out and denied.

Sharing the info is on a need basis...after some ownership questions solved. It us tougher for a person with no forum history. Trolls and scammers lurk about...and a few have been found out and denied.
    Nice. Makes perfect sense. That's pretty cool that there is a work-a-around though. I hope I never run into this problem but it's good to know that others might have another avenue.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Checked up on ya....feel free to give me a call...or, shoot me your number per email as I don't track PM's.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona

Not a bad idea. I remember when I first had my 02 and I thought the fob died (the fob battery was just loose) and someone helped me get going. It looked like I was stealing the car for a while till I got the fix.

Good call not to post the solution wide open on here though.
    2002 Red Viper GTS...At the Great Racetrack in the Sky
    2006 Red Viper Coupe...Belangers and Corsa
    2004 Black Ram QC Hemi on 35's /Ossur Re-Flex foot & Custom Carbon Fiber Socket

I feel like this is something I need to know, as I nearly locked my keys in my trunk last night putting my jacket in the back lol.
    1997 Viper GTS - Bottle Baby
    2004 Viper SRT-10 - Paxton
    2014 & 2015 Moostang GT - 1300+rwhp and 1100+rwhp

Enthusiast
    Maybe people should think about hiding a key under their car. Yes, I know, it might result in dirty hands or clothes in order to retrieve it, that one time in 60 years that you need it.
    Last edited by AZTVR; 11-04-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Maybe people should think about hiding a key under their car. Yes, I know, it might result in dirty hands or clothes in order to retrieve it, that one time in 60 years that you need it.
    Should hide it under the hood, since, you know...
    2008 Red/Black ACR

thinking out lout but i wouldn't think it would be a huge security issue. considering the car doesn't even have a locking hood and all we are talking about is getting into a trunk. all someone would have to do is jump the relay for the trunk.... in theory....

This exact same thing has happened to us could really use help. 2oo4 viper on side of hwy . Steve or tony could u plas help us.??
    1 604 906 0311

Hey steve could you pls call us we are in a similar predicament...
    2004 viper keys in trunk

Hey tony .. the same thing happened to us any chance you could call or text us with some help.. ?? We are on the side of the hwy.
    Spare set of keys are far away...

Hey tony .. the same thing happened to us a We are on the side of the hwy.
    Spare set of keys are far away...

This youtube link is very helpful, i will not visit any locksmith​​​​​​​ store now and will go with the things as mentioned in the link.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    FYI:
    One does not need a locksmith to retrieve keys that are locked in the trunk of 1992 through 2002 R/T 10's, 2003 through 2006 SRT-10 convertibles, or keys locked inside of 2006 Coupes as well as 2008 through 2010 Coupes.

Guys,

Like in the old days. I have a spare key hiding somewhere in the car.
    No big deal.
    Every car I own has a hidden key somewhere.

Quick cure to needless worry !!

Frank

PS: And on top of that. With the 2005 Viper, I carry both fobs.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    fhrzr1, I must admit that I actually carry 2 keys and 2 fobs and spare batteries with ME whenever I take a Viper out for a drive.

Until a few years ago, there was a "Sticky" posted in each Generation section of an "older forum" in an attempt to help folks avoid getting stuck. "Be prepared" is a great motto.

Amen, Steve-Indy
    I learn from the war stories on this informative forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast