Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevus View Post
    Amazing, thanks.

Read the comments and it seems to be destroked to 7.0L
    ... doesnt sound like a Viper anymore though.
    Sorry! 7.6L destroked. 8000rpms, 800hp.

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Vendor
    We are building a few de-stroked motors with Kevin singleton from exotic engine for road race/street applications 780-825hp @7800rpm. Kevin has an absolutely bomb proof combo that works extremely well, doesn't over power the chassis and is much easier for drivers to work with street or track. These motor aren't a cheap way to go but the longevity and power delivery of the motor more then makes up for the extra cost.

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO MOTORSPORTS TEAM View Post
    We are building a few de-stroked motors with Kevin singleton from exotic engine for road race/street applications 780-825hp @7800rpm. Kevin has an absolutely bomb proof combo that works extremely well, doesn't over power the chassis and is much easier for drivers to work with street or track. These motor aren't a cheap way to go but the longevity and power delivery of the motor more then makes up for the extra cost.
    Kevin does nice work , loved his 543 Viper motor a few years back about 900 hp on pump gas NA .
    White Mamba ,

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO MOTORSPORTS TEAM View Post
    My buddy had one built by Kevin. Gen 2 with GTSR block etc. It lasted 3 sessions, then dropped a sleeve. He never even got to drive it hard, motec logs show he never even went over 6K RPM. Bad motor was sent to him over 6 months ago, Kevin still hasn't fixed it. My friends car just sitting in his garage with no motor. $50K motor. LOL
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    My 800whp Prefix 9 liter has 7200 redline and has been bullet proof for 3 years hard track use, thousands of full throttle miles. I change the oil after every track weekend, never any trace of metal, never even been refreshed.
    @9literviper 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

I believe this car had a stock displacement engine making +900. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvr0mw_ckEU

This seems like a perfect track engine. This engine was in a street car, I think there was room for a little more power if the car was strictly a track car (driveability).

I still don't understand how the Oreca GTS-R were 8 liters making +800hp and able to last 24hrs 2 decades ago.
    2015 Competition Blue with Graphite Stripes
    Pilot of Comp Coupe Chassis #4 and Chassis # 120

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123