Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Gen 2 Hoodpad

  1. #1

    Gen 2 Hoodpad

    Anyone know update on best source for Gen 2 hoodpads? Just called local dealer said $574
    part number 4848024ac for reference
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Enthusiast Jack's GTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    195
    Got mine from Rt. 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge in East Brunswick, NJ 3 years ago for $108.00. It took 3 months but I did get it. PN# 4848024AD.
    [SIZE=2]1997 GTS Blue with White Stripes with 14,3XX miles.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's GTS View Post
    Got mine from Rt. 18 Chrysler Jeep Dodge in East Brunswick, NJ 3 years ago for $108.00. It took 3 months but I did get it. PN# 4848024AD.
    I will call them since they are local thanks!
    **edit just called 574 + TAX ouch
    Last edited by PrincetonTT; 01-30-2017 at 03:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Ohio
    Sam Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    483
    I have about 10 of them but the cost to ship them can be $400 or more because of their size! I will not box them or ship them. I can bring them to an event that I am attending or you are welcome to pick them up locally, I'm about 20 miles SE of Columbus Ohio..
    Last edited by Sam Goldfarb; 01-30-2017 at 05:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Goldfarb View Post
    I have about 10 of them but the cost to ship them can be $400 or more because of their size! I will not box them or ship them. I can bring them to an event that I am attending or you are welcome to pick them up locally, I'm about 20 miles SE of Columbus Ohio..
    Thanks - I will keep that in mind!

  6. #6
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    ViperRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Goldfarb View Post
    I have about 10 of them but the cost to ship them can be $400 or more because of their size! I will not box them or ship them. I can bring them to an event that I am attending or you are welcome to pick them up locally, I'm about 20 miles SE of Columbus Ohio..
    Have any pics?
    2000 Dodge Viper GTS - Steel Gray w/factory Silver Stripes
    1999 30th Anniversary WS6 Trans Am #815 out of 1,000 / 2013 Camaro SS 1LE only 240 made
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit / 2004 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas Edition

  7. #7
    VOA Member
    since 2020
    Minnesota
    MH60M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    339
    I remember a shnazzy reproduction hood-pad available that you can have made in custom colors? What ever happened to those?
    2001 GTS Sap/Stripes
    "Death Waits in the Dark" -160th SOAR

  8. #8
    Talk about being asked to bend over and pay for the Vaseline. For Dodge to charge so much money for it is simply insulting. As much That I have enjoyed my Viper for the past 17 years, the experience with Dodge and its various owners, has been mostly negative

  9. #9
    Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Ohio
    Sam Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdaly99 View Post
    Have any pics?
    Not at this time, they are buried behind my motorhome up on some pallet racking. A forklift and assorted other items are stacked up in front of the motorhme. This time of year (Ohio) we pack everything we can into whatever space we have. The sad thing is I have things still outside that should be inside and I have 3 buildings that total about 10,000 square feet.

  10. #10
    Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Ohio
    Sam Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    Talk about being asked to bend over and pay for the Vaseline. For Dodge to charge so much money for it is simply insulting. As much That I have enjoyed my Viper for the past 17 years, the experience with Dodge and its various owners, has been mostly negative
    Good thing we don't have to disclose all the negatives to the future buyers of our "fun" machines! Personally I haven't had too many negative issues in over 45 years of owning Chrysler products, other than those inherent in the models. I have owned over 80 of them and currently own 7 of them.

    As I said in a previous post, the S/H for this item is probably double the cost of the item. A box of toilet paper the size dimensions of a Viper hood pad would still cost me about $400 to ship to the west coast. It's all about the dimensions, not the weight or the value of the item. Has nothing to do with who owns Chrysler or the Dodge dealership and more about who owns and drives the truck or plane that transports the item you want. Then there are fuel costs, wages, union dues, taxes, graft and corruption in government etc. All these costs influence what a Dodge dealer needs to charge for an item! As I recall every Gen II Viper came with a hood pad, why does anyone need another one? Searching the internet,(4848024AD) I found prices from $349-$405 plus S/H of about $150 to me in Ohio. I didn't get to the point of paying for one and suspect many threads are old and the item is not available.

  11. #11
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Polishing my spare OEM windshield
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    Talk about being asked to bend over and pay for the Vaseline. For Dodge to charge so much money for it is simply insulting. As much That I have enjoyed my Viper for the past 17 years, the experience with Dodge and its various owners, has been mostly negative
    Or maybe it's cheap people like you that are the problem. The machines that make parts for things, from toaster springs to hood pads, cost millions. Those machines are paid for by including a portion of the cost of the machine in the price of the parts they make.

    Ignorant car owners like you insult Dodge.
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

  12. #12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    ViperRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    Or maybe it's cheap people like you that are the problem. The machines that make parts for things, from toaster springs to hood pads, cost millions. Those machines are paid for by including a portion of the cost of the machine in the price of the parts they make.

    Ignorant car owners like you insult Dodge.
    How much time you must have to troll every Viper forum there is.......
    2000 Dodge Viper GTS - Steel Gray w/factory Silver Stripes
    1999 30th Anniversary WS6 Trans Am #815 out of 1,000 / 2013 Camaro SS 1LE only 240 made
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit / 2004 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas Edition

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    Talk about being asked to bend over and pay for the Vaseline. For Dodge to charge so much money for it is simply insulting. As much That I have enjoyed my Viper for the past 17 years, the experience with Dodge and its various owners, has been mostly negative
    $574 for a piece that big. Seems reasonable.

    In other news, I ripped mine out and threw it in the garbage.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    $574 for a piece that big. Seems reasonable.

    In other news, I ripped mine out and threw it in the garbage.
    was only $100 ( and there is no shipping charge to pick-up at dealer) or so a few years back. therefore my comment and regardless of the friendly posting of our favorite, bored-to-death, internet warrior, amortization cost had nothing to do with this huge price increase
    Last edited by luc; 01-31-2017 at 07:47 PM.

  15. #15
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    ViperRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    was only $100 or so a few years back. therefore my comment and regardless of the friendly posting of our favorite, bored-to-death, internet warrior, amortization cost had nothing to do with this huge price increase
    The guy is like a Genital Wart on every Viper Forum I have seen.
    2000 Dodge Viper GTS - Steel Gray w/factory Silver Stripes
    1999 30th Anniversary WS6 Trans Am #815 out of 1,000 / 2013 Camaro SS 1LE only 240 made
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit / 2004 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas Edition

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdaly99 View Post
    The guy is like a Genital Wart on every Viper Forum I have seen.
    This comparison is very unfair to the wart

  17. #17
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    ViperRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    This comparison is very unfair to the wart
    You win
    2000 Dodge Viper GTS - Steel Gray w/factory Silver Stripes
    1999 30th Anniversary WS6 Trans Am #815 out of 1,000 / 2013 Camaro SS 1LE only 240 made
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit / 2004 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas Edition

  18. #18
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wyomissing, Pa
    Posts
    10
    Had this hood pad made for mine, think it was about 350 and they redid existing pad, can't remember what it was to ship back and forth though....was from a company called ATP wraps in California....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Goldfarb View Post
    I have about 10 of them but the cost to ship them can be $400 or more because of their size! I will not box them or ship them. I can bring them to an event that I am attending or you are welcome to pick them up locally, I'm about 20 miles SE of Columbus Ohio..
    Do you still have any of these hood pads for the gen 2 GTS?
    2016 Nth Moto ACR, 1998 JMB Performance GTS, 2018 Demon, 2019 Trackhawk, 2020 Ram dually Longhorn HO

  20. #20
    VOA Member
    since 2020
    Minnesota
    MH60M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    339
    Curious as well....I'll be in Columbus next month for some training and I'd love to pick one up.
    Last edited by MH60M; 01-22-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    2001 GTS Sap/Stripes
    "Death Waits in the Dark" -160th SOAR

  21. #21
    He has never changed and never will. Viper forum trolling/insults is his life. It was nice having sane people on the Facebook group until I decided to get rid of Facebook. That is the only thing I miss about toxic Facebook is the helpful car groups and not having Dave6666 spam every thread from his soap-box. Notice when this comment was posted and he is the same loser as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperRyan View Post
    How much time you must have to troll every Viper forum there is.......
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

  22. #22
    VOA Member
    since 2020
    Minnesota
    MH60M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Menace View Post
    He has never changed and never will. Viper forum trolling/insults is his life. It was nice having sane people on the Facebook group until I decided to get rid of Facebook. That is the only thing I miss about toxic Facebook is the helpful car groups and not having Dave6666 spam every thread from his soap-box. Notice when this comment was posted and he is the same loser as ever
    You seriously trying to re-pick a fight from 2017???...........maybe it's not facebook that is toxic. Just sayin'....we're trying to find hood pads.

    Thanks to those who already PM'd; you've been super helpful.
    Last edited by MH60M; 01-22-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    2001 GTS Sap/Stripes
    "Death Waits in the Dark" -160th SOAR

  23. #23
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Polishing my spare OEM windshield
    Posts
    2,039
    Wah. Wah wah wah.
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MH60M View Post
    You seriously trying to re-pick a fight from 2017???...........maybe it's not facebook that is toxic. Just sayin'....we're trying to find hood pads.

    Thanks to those who already PM'd; you've been super helpful.
    Nope, a thread was resurrected from long ago and I read all the comments in the thread and replied to one. Case in point he hasn't changed. Lifeless trolls be trolls...anything to get the post count high. Viper groups on facebook arent toxic really because there is no devoted Dave6666...but facebook in general is (SJW, politics, Greta...trying to save the World one virtue signal at a time. Too time consuming over staring at someone's dog in reindeer antlers, and it goes on and on. The only thing missed is the car groups and my other hobby groups)
    Last edited by Darth Menace; 01-22-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    Wah. Wah wah wah.
    Congratulations...you got your post count up. Why couldn't you stay on your original 2 groups? Need to get your post count high on a bunch of them? Nice
    The best thing about this Viper forum....NO DAVE6666!


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •