Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The passion and support for this car never ceases to amaze me. What better way to send off an icon than by a grass-roots effort by owners and it's most significant supporters. A perfect example of what this car means to its owners, and what makes the Viper community so awesome. Salute!
    2013 GTS Launch Edition
    2004 SRT-10 Greg Good Heads/Cam [SOLD]

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    Untitled by Andrew Wheeler

Agree LOVE LOVE LOVE that the American Flag will be flying around the Ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarDude View Post
    I'll gander 6.46 because 'Merica!
    That's right! For 'Murica!
    This'll be the bitchin'est thing of the entire summer!

Need to put the flag on my Viper!

Of course a new Ring Record would be Over the Moon AWESOME.
    Personally, all I want is to be squarely in the Top 5 and remain in the Top 10 for at least 5 - 10 years.
    '08 Very Viper Orange SRT-10 Coupe | LuLu La Rue - The Orange Lure

Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
    100 bucks says it will be quicker than 6:57, lock it in.
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by GTSilver View Post
    As I said less than 6:50, and hopefully closer to 6:45. Now I need to find a way to get an ACR !!

Yousif
    Don't get me wrong, I hope you and Alex are right!
    Username formerly known as Rexius
    2017 1 of 1 Rosso Fuoco Viper GTC w/ Sepia Laguna leather interior | int & ext carbon
    [previous] 2013 Adrenaline Red SRT Viper GTS w/ Sepia Laguna leather interior

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Sorry I haven't been here much, guys. I've been tied up trying to button down a trillion details. It's hard to describe all the logistics involved in this run. Let me get a few things off my chest. Firstly, Without Kumho Tire and Prefix, this never would have happened. Kuhmo gave us SO much support, right down to track time that they had at The Ring. Prefix gave us loads of spare parts as well as suggested set-up settings and technical advice. Both of these sponsors deserve your business and respect. They had no dog in the hunt, other than seeing the Viper go out on top. Neither of them will sell more parts or make any money on this, and I personally can't thank them enough. Next, my friends Ben Keating and Bernie Katz from The Viper Exchange, have given us brand new cars to use, right off their showroom floor. Not only that, because of the historical significance, they gave us the GTS-R edition, which is arguably their most valuable car in terms of potential sales value. Bernie and Andy Wheeler were instrumental organizing that the cars got their initial dealer service (like when you buy one), fresh harnesses from Teamtech, stickered up with sponsors, and then to the shipping port with all the spares, tires, and tools that we need once we arrive.
    I have noted a lot of speculation on lap times here on the forums. Here are my thoughts....and remember, they are only MY thoughts. For me, the Porsche 918 holds the record at 6:57. The Lambo time is unverified. Who does a record run and doesn't have an independent third party (like a journalist or magazine) there to witness the run? Also, the discrepancies in their video are not truly explained. They claim GPS this, that and the other thing. Where is their witness with a stop-watch at the start / finish line? These events are SO expensive to attempt, that it stretches the imagination to believe that they would do this and not have it witnessed. Finally, the Next EV is an absurd claim. This would be like taking one of the Riley GT-3 Vipers for $450,000, putting a license plate on it, and saying that it's a production car. If the Next EV is a production car, at what dealership can you buy one? Let's beat the Porsche and the contested Lambo time. If Lambo really ran a 6:52, let's see them do it again, this time with a witness. We'll definitely have witnesses there for our runs.
    Finally, thank you to everyone who contributed. (For whoever said that the gofundme total went up and down, please refresh your browser). I appreciate each and every person who put money in, from $5 to $22,000. We're doing this because we all love the Viper so much. Let's enjoy our upcoming successes together.
    Russ Oasis

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Oasis View Post
    Sorry I haven't been here much, guys. I've been tied up trying to button down a trillion details. It's hard to describe all the logistics involved in this run. Let me get a few things off my chest. Firstly, Without Kumho Tire and Prefix, this never would have happened. Kuhmo gave us SO much support, right down to track time that they had at The Ring. Prefix gave us loads of spare parts as well as suggested set-up settings and technical advice. Both of these sponsors deserve your business and respect. They had no dog in the hunt, other than seeing the Viper go out on top. Neither of them will sell more parts or make any money on this, and I personally can't thank them enough. Next, my friends Ben Keating and Bernie Katz from The Viper Exchange, have given us brand new cars to use, right off their showroom floor. Not only that, because of the historical significance, they gave us the GTS-R edition, which is arguably their most valuable car in terms of potential sales value. Bernie and Andy Wheeler were instrumental organizing that the cars got their initial dealer service (like when you buy one), fresh harnesses from Teamtech, stickered up with sponsors, and then to the shipping port with all the spares, tires, and tools that we need once we arrive.
    I have noted a lot of speculation on lap times here on the forums. Here are my thoughts....and remember, they are only MY thoughts. For me, the Porsche 918 holds the record at 6:57. The Lambo time is unverified. Who does a record run and doesn't have an independent third party (like a journalist or magazine) there to witness the run? Also, the discrepancies in their video are not truly explained. They claim GPS this, that and the other thing. Where is their witness with a stop-watch at the start / finish line? These events are SO expensive to attempt, that it stretches the imagination to believe that they would do this and not have it witnessed. Finally, the Next EV is an absurd claim. This would be like taking one of the Riley GT-3 Vipers for $450,000, putting a license plate on it, and saying that it's a production car. If the Next EV is a production car, at what dealership can you buy one? Let's beat the Porsche and the contested Lambo time. If Lambo really ran a 6:52, let's see them do it again, this time with a witness. We'll definitely have witnesses there for our runs.
    Finally, thank you to everyone who contributed. (For whoever said that the gofundme total went up and down, please refresh your browser). I appreciate each and every person who put money in, from $5 to $22,000. We're doing this because we all love the Viper so much. Let's enjoy our upcoming successes together.
    Russ Oasis
    All good right to where you went to the Performante. The SV turned a 6:59 one car few laps and told to go home before they beat the 918 who had cars crews race prep teams and a stack of computers on the front seat of the 918 so spare me the 918 wonders.

The Performante being the sister company of Porsche - ALA and many other things the Performante is simply credible and to question it to make yourself or the Vipers time seem more legit is just naive.

Own an SV will order a special edition Performante know the guys at the factory well enough to state they did exactly what they state and if you or anyone else does not think so then take it to the track. Different cars different days means nothing but bragging rights same day same track otherwise it is what it is.

Best of luck to the Viper please don't ruin it by taking it to the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by ACR Extreme View Post
    All good right to where you went to the Performante. The SV turned a 6:59 one car few laps and told to go home before they beat the 918 who had cars crews race prep teams and a stack of computers on the front seat of the 918 so spare me the 918 wonders.

The Performante being the sister company of Porsche - ALA and many other things the Performante is simply credible and to question it to make yourself or the Vipers time seem more legit is just naive.

Own an SV will order a special edition Performante know the guys at the factory well enough to state they did exactly what they state and if you or anyone else does not think so then take it to the track. Different cars different days means nothing but bragging rights same day same track otherwise it is what it is.

Best of luck to the Viper please don't ruin it by taking it to the gutter.
    This seems a bit harsh. Everyone has an opinion on the Performante run. You have yours, and Russ has his.

I've "known" people at other global MFG's as well (with much more advanced racing pedigrees than Lambo), especially through factory racing efforts and can assure you that it is not the cleanest game in town. Always be especially suspicious when it is the MFG controlling all aspects of the run -- providing the car, running the record run at a "private" session in secret, utilizing only MFG personnel, etc. The Performante run seemed to have many of those aspects.

However, I also agree that the solution is to always take it to the track. Performante is starting to be delivered, so let's see some of those owners put it on track and post some lap times. Real times, with customer cars, will give us a good indication as to whether the Ring time is legit or not.

I'd also like to see some real FGT times, but apparently Ford may have prohibited with their sales addendum anyone from revealing that the car is actually not a quick track car
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 06-18-2017 at 03:43 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    ACR Extreme, one doesn't go through the MASSIVE expense of bringing a car to The Ring, only to decide to take a dive. If they were afraid of beating the 918, why did they go in the first place? I'm not taking anything to the gutter. I'm simply saying that record attempts should be verified through independent third parties.

ACR Extreme, one doesn't go through the MASSIVE expense of bringing a car to The Ring, only to decide to take a dive. If they were afraid of beating the 918, why did they go in the first place? I'm not taking anything to the gutter. I'm simply saying that record attempts should be verified through independent third parties.
    Lambo went to test the car and when it ran close to the Halo 918 they were told to go home that's a fact. It's not a massive expense to run at the Ring car driver 1/2 day two techs Nürburgring Nordschleife (DE) full weekday €60,000

Porsche showed up with multiple cars F1 techs - look in the passenger front seat a complete stack of computers those certainly don't come on the Weissach as an option.

The Performante - it's a newer design than the Aventador ALA system better tires transmission the car will run that time right off the dealers lot.

I'm just saying all the people who question the Performante are just being silly - Lamborghini has stated repeatedly dealer car will run as it did at the Ring again unlike the 918 with a stack of computers on the passenger seat.

Love the Viper let's see what happens.
    Last edited by ACR Extreme; 06-19-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    This seems a bit harsh. Everyone has an opinion on the Performante run. You have yours, and Russ has his.

I've "known" people at other global MFG's as well (with much more advanced racing pedigrees than Lambo), especially through factory racing efforts and can assure you that it is not the cleanest game in town. Always be especially suspicious when it is the MFG controlling all aspects of the run -- providing the car, running the record run at a "private" session in secret, utilizing only MFG personnel, etc. The Performante run seemed to have many of those aspects.

However, I also agree that the solution is to always take it to the track. Performante is starting to be delivered, so let's see some of those owners put it on track and post some lap times. Real times, with customer cars, will give us a good indication as to whether the Ring time is legit or not.

I'd also like to see some real FGT times, but apparently Ford may have prohibited with their sales addendum anyone from revealing that the car is actually not a quick track car
    Sometimes the truth is harsh. Factory video shows the cars times look at the speedo going in and out of the corners straights it's easy to see the Performante performed as stated - I get people don't like it but it's real there is no way to fake speedometer gears all there to see.

Ford's new special project being made outside the factory is just odd as are their entire premise of the car.

The new GT2RS will be interesting to see but still give Viper the most credit.

Viper is one of the greatest car stories and to be part of it is very cool - back to that track
    Last edited by ACR Extreme; 06-19-2017 at 06:50 AM.

So glad and excited to see this run !
    Surely we will not see it live, but I hope a good portion of this donations is for Media coverage for all of us viper lovers around the world.
    Capture those moments !!!!
    2013 GTS - Shadow Blue Pearl - 100% Stock > SOLD
    2016 ACR EXTREME - Silver - 100% Stock
    " V10 .. Because only Milk and Juice come in 2 Ltrs "

Not that it means anything but two weeks ago I gave my reasoning on why I think it will break the 7:4x mark. Post #21:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...671#post299671

I still stick by that premise. With the repaved sections and proper setup I'm hoping to see a 7:4x. Go VIPER.

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Supporting Vendor
    Happy to be a part of it, see you in Germany.

Andy
    ViperExchange Performance Division Manager
    awheeler@viperexchange.com

FIRST NA STOCK DISPLACEMENT VIPER IN THE 9's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsLWMofP4k
    2015 COMPETITION BLUE VIPER GT
    | ViperExchange STAGE II Heads & Cam | ViperExchange Dynamic Suspension Package | ARH Headers | ARH Catback | UD Pulley | Arrow Stage II Controller | 9.95@140.65
    1992 RT/10 Vin #79

Previous Vipers
    2014 SRT VIPER TA BLACK #16 1/4 Mile 10.84@134.97
    2008 ACR GTS BLUE/WHITE
    2003 SRT10 COUPE REAR VERT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit10 View Post
    Not that it means anything but two weeks ago I gave my reasoning on why I think it will break the 7:4x mark. Post #21:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...671#post299671

I still stick by that premise. With the repaved sections and proper setup I'm hoping to see a 7:4x. Go VIPER.
    You mean 6:4X?
    2009 SSG ACR Hardcore 1 of 1 before it was cool
    2017 SSG ACR-eXtreme 1 of 1 after it was cool

Member #111

Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    You mean 6:4X?
    Haha yes. 6:4x.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    Happy to be a part of it, see you in Germany.

Andy
    Well done Andy...we are all proud of you and your efforts. Good Luck
    2013 GTS, Custom Paint / Graphics by PREFIX / SRT; Mods by WMD; Wheels by NINE BALL;
    2009 Vert, Red with White Stripes...gone, but not forgotten.
    In Tator's Stable. Original Owner both cars.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    New Mexico
    Go Fund me ask....$159K. Money raised as of this morning......$171,813. The passion for Vipers is showing!!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    WOW! Very nice.
    2014 GTS Yellow & White ( 1of 1 color scheme) -87 GN -87 Ford Mustang GT 2006 AMG E55
    2003 SRT 10 - 2016 PCP Hellcat Charger 9.58@142.94 (blower only record holder)
    2014 300 SRT 8 ( love this thing)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Guys,
    Any extra money we collect in gofundme we will use to buy extra track time. It is $13,000 an hour.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Regardless of whether the Lambo time is 100% legit or not, the possibility of taking out the 918 record is amazing. Think about what the 918 is and what it represents at this moment..

It's one of the 'big 3 Hyper-cars' of this generation, and in most tests it's kicked the crap out of the P1 and the LaF. It's hybrid power, automatic transmission, high tech drivetrain to the n-th degree, a million bucks, and it's already come in SECOND to the Viper ACR at the most published test track in the United States. If this team can take the ACR to 'Ring and beat the 918 again, it really says something about this intersection of super-high tech and old-school.

It's a watershed moment, and I'll be washed down the other side kicking and screaming either way, but PROVING that the high tech isn't necessary to be fast would be HUGE for the legacy of not just the Viper, but the legacy of raw cars in general.

Huge Thanks to the sponsors, drivers, and passionate volunteers who are taking on this epic responsibility. Go get 'em!
    Last edited by SlateEd; 06-19-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    NY/CT VOA - find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyctvoa/

Regardless of what the time ends up being; the fact that we're running there is an awesome accomplishment.

At least we'll have an actual time and not have to constantly wonder...what if...

Guys,
    Any extra money we collect in gofundme we will use to buy extra track time. It is $13,000 an hour.
    ...and I thought my accountant's hourly rate was over the top !!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    ...and I thought my accountant's hourly rate was over the top !!
    It probably still is, considering The Ring services what's in front and your accountant services the back. Accountants and lawyers take the fun out of everything.
    1996 Viper RT/10 #96-0132, 1 of 231 96' RTs (Black w/SS)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    North Texas

awesome will they have a live streaming online so i can watch?
    2013 Viper GTS
    White exterior with red interior

Quote Originally Posted by poptarts View Post
    awesome will they have a live streaming online so i can watch?
    Was just thinking the same thing....how can we get in on the fun?
    2017 Viper GTC 1 of 1
    2002 Viper RT/10
    1996 Viper GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Amazing stuff no matter what happens . Personally I think we will be holding the record when its all done . The car just works insanely well on the race track. Only thing better is if I was there watching it
    Ontrackinsurance.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast