Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    01sapphirebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Western Reserve
    Posts
    1,796

    Why are my microfibers doing this

    So my microfiber towels are leaving behind very fine lint/fibers. It is driving me nuts and making cleaning the car much less enjoyable and taking twice as long to clean it. Are the towels shot? Ive tried rewashing and drying them and its still leaving behind the lint/fibers. Any help/ides wouod be appreciated.
    Last edited by 01sapphirebob; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:50 AM.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

  2. #2
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Central North Florida
    ViperPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Silver Springs FL
    Posts
    1,922
    They are probably worn out and starting to break down. I like the Girots cloths that have like longer fibers or whatever. They hold up really well to paste wax and they have nice rounded edges.
    They are also extremely soft.

    Like these....

    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...BoCPQAQAvD_BwE
    2013 Viper GTS Blue (no stripes!) with Sepia interior- only 4 made! WannaGOfast 1/2 MILE BEST OF 157.89 mph @ 600WHP
    2005 SRT10 Ram- lowered, T56 conversion, B&B longtubes, many other upgrades (my daily)

  3. #3
    Putting them in the dryer is what is causing this. I hand wash them and hang them to dry.
    98 GTS
    01 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    quickster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    So my microfiber towels are leaving behind very fine lint/fibers. It is driving me nuts and making cleaning the car much less enjoyable and taking twice as long to clean it. Are the towels shot? Ive tried rewashing and drying them and its still leaving behind the lint/fibers. Any help/ides wouod be appreciated.
    What brand towels are you using? I've washed mine for years and they don't leave lint behind. I also use McKee's 37 microfiber cleaner to wash them and never use softener in the drying cycle.

  5. #5
    Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    01sapphirebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Western Reserve
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperPete View Post
    They are probably worn out and starting to break down. I like the Girots cloths that have like longer fibers or whatever. They hold up really well to paste wax and they have nice rounded edges.
    They are also extremely soft.

    Like these....

    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...BoCPQAQAvD_BwE
    I use all griots products. Including their rags. It looks like I may just have to toss these and restock.


    Quote Originally Posted by Martyb View Post
    Putting them in the dryer is what is causing this. I hand wash them and hang them to dry.
    I had wondered about that but the care instructions do say to dry them on low.


    Quote Originally Posted by quickster2 View Post
    What brand towels are you using? I've washed mine for years and they don't leave lint behind. I also use McKee's 37 microfiber cleaner to wash them and never use softener in the drying cycle.
    As mentioned earlier, I use the griots towels. I have the older version of the towels that are linked above. May be time to go shopping...
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

  6. #6
    Enthusiast Junkman2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    ... May be time to go shopping...
    You have been really missing out... CLICK ME
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

  7. #7
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    quickster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    You have been really missing out... CLICK ME
    Can't go wrong with the Junkman's advice. The waffle weaves are great for drying.

  8. #8
    VOA Member
    since 2016
    Southern California
    Black Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    179
    This is company Junkman2008 is talking
    https://www.theragcompany.com/

    This is the towels
    https://www.theragcompany.com/eagle-...rofiber-towel/
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Oregon/SW Washington
    Torquemonster06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    868
    I only use The Rag Companies towels and smaller clothes. All Micro Fiber. I've had the same ones for years and NO little pieces coming off of these. I used to use some "Cheaper" Version MF and they left all kinds of fibers. You can really see it on the Glass. Follow what The Junk Man says and you'll be golden.
    2014 GTS White/Adrenaline Red Stripes

  10. #10
    Enthusiast Junkman2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    That's just ONE of the towels I talk about. They have a TON more.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

  11. #11
    The rag company is definitely the way to go! Get the Edgeless 16x16 KOREAN Microfiber towels. Best towels you can buy hands down. Softest ones I have ever used and have been detailing vehicles for 17 years. These are the only ones I use on mine. They either come in blue or orange


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •