Unofficial Porsche GT2 RS does 6 47 on Trofeo R s and 6 53 on MPSC 2

This car is a beast. I knew the GT2 RS would beat the Huracan record at the Ring. Looks like the GT2 RS smashed the record with non-stock Trofeo R's same tires as the Huracan used so the GT2 RS is just on another level. Those in the know again have stated the Huracan time is not legit since the Trofeo R's are non stock tires. But they counted the Huracans time as legit so I'm assuming that Porsche will promote the 6:47 time since its killer. Maybe Team Viper should slap some super-duper sticky full race slicks and crack off a sub 6:50 time and count that too hehe.

No video yet on the Porsche run but you can follow the thread here on Rennlist: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...d-6-47min.html

Well there goes the "fastest rwd" lap some Viper folks were hanging their hat on. Damn that's movin' if confirmed. I'm guessing 700hp is just a bit conservative, haha.

700HP, rear wheel drive only, titanium roll cage, and over $300k, but I would love to have one.......

Quote Originally Posted by 67PLY View Post
    700HP, rear wheel drive only, titanium roll cage, and over $300k, but I would love to have one.......
    I put my name on a list and was number four. I would sell my Vipers for the GT2 RS...probably.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    keep them both the RS will appreciate big time
    Ontrackinsurance.com

Cant wait for the video. The car is on another level. With bone stock rubber its less than a second off the Huracan Trofeo R's run. That is ridiculous. No way the ACR will come for this on stock rubber and only 645hp methinks.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    When the "lowly" base 370hp 911 matches the Gen 5's 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, imagine what the 911 does with DOUBLE the power.
    2013 9.0 liter track car, 2016 ACR, 96 GTS, 01 RT/10, 03 SRT/10, '16 Megacab, '05 Ford GT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Central North Florida
    I'm not sure that this is a real time. Maybe wait to see if this is just an unsubstantiated claim or rumor by somebody who just joined Rennlist a few weeks ago or is the real thing.
    S.
    '17 ACR-E GTS-R Blue, '14 911 Turbo, '16 Charger Hellcat

VOA Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Expected a lot from my second favorite car and times like that would certainly deliver.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Northern California

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    When the "lowly" base 370hp 911 matches the Gen 5's 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, imagine what the 911 does with DOUBLE the power.
    This is why the next viper needs to have a dual clutch. I love and would still get the manual 6-speed. but the fast shifting transmission would've put the current gen viper into 10s stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorman View Post
    I'm not sure that this is a real time. Maybe wait to see if this is just an unsubstantiated claim or rumor by somebody who just joined Rennlist a few weeks ago or is the real thing.
    S.
    I agree but it was kind of backed up by a long time member. He said that was also the time he heard. We shall see.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    New Jersey
    Can't wait to see the video of that.
    14' SRT Bumble Bee Sold
    98' GTS Silver/Blue
    14' Hemi Ram Express Truck