Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with you for sure. The Jeep is worth it no doubt and really is being slept on due to the Demon. I couldn't afford that 98k but could 67k for my SRT. My stage ll is fast enough so my SRT wont be modded and is driven through winter. 707hp AWD with warranty is not beatable. However I'm without regret having my SRT at the price I could easily swing and visually mod to my liking with warranty (black grill inserts from overland to replace silver, black emblems, 20% matching tints).

It is an amazing daily, more luxurious than given credit for, comfortable and has serious road presence. You are in for a treat as are all who get the trackhawk. Im gonna watch and see how they hold up year one. If no issues, wife will take the 16 and we may add the trackhawk. I do want to see how the new x5m looks and what it's performance is. I have a feeling it will be a definite cross shopper for us

How does threads about these random cars end up on the Gen V section ??

It's like if someone owns a Gen V, then any car that person wants to talk about ends up here

While it may be interesting to some, get this stuff sent off to 'other rides' or something.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by commandomatt View Post
    How does threads about these random cars end up on the Gen V section ??

It's like if someone owns a Gen V, then any car that person wants to talk about ends up here

While it may be interesting to some, get this stuff sent off to 'other rides' or something.
    Those other forums are dead, hence why I posted here. The other Gen V owners don't seem to mind.
    '16 Stryker Purple ACR Extreme
    '97 Porsche Boxster GT5 Motec M880
    '92 Porsche 964 Cup

Buying as second owner is key. A left over or at invoice is good if u gotta have it new imo
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Dealer Edition ACR(Weekends)
    Maserati Granturismo Sport (Daily)
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvSpeed View Post
    I'm OK with spending the $98,000 after all the options I picked on the trackhawk. I don't think it's crazy. I wife currently drives the jeep grand Cherokee SRT model year 2014 for her daily. She was driving a BMW X5 2014 in which she traded in for the Jeep. She absolutely loves the SRT.

If you take a 2017 SRT and option it out to what I have ordered in the trackhawk, the price comes out to $80,500 or so. so buying the trackhawk cost $18,000 more than the base SRT. For this extra money, you get horsepower increasing from 475 to 707. You also get the torque increasing from about 470 to 640 ( can't remember the exact numbers and don't want to look at right now). You get the added power without worrying about voiding the factory warranty. Would pay more than $18000 to Mod and bulletproof base SRT. The car Will probably hook up better than a charger and challenger.

Sure it is a pretty penny. Life is short and you can't take money with you. We will be enjoying the trackhawk and look forward to adding it to the lineup.
    Luvspeed - I think a lot of people in this thread are looking at the Trackhawk price purely from "car for the money" aspect and not from brand loyalty point of view. For example, some people may say that spending over $150K on a Viper is idiotic, but to me it's worth every penny and more. The Jeep thing for me personally is less emotional and more rational, so when I a see Trackhawk actual selling price going into a 6-digit category, it does not make me wanna run out and buy one, especially with that outdated interior.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Agreed it is not rational. Who needs a 700 hp grocery getter? In 2010, I was a man in his forties driving around in a 2001 corolla without power windows living way below my means. Since then I have made 5 car purchases and none of them have been rational. I decided to start buying cars with my little head instead of big head. The trackhawk will not have the largest depreciation of my recent car purchases. You dump a considerable amount of money in a depreciating assets (unlike certain properties). Not the best financial decisions, but it has been fun!

Btw, have you seen the upgraded leather interior package? It is really nice. A lot of things wrapped in leather. Quilted on the doors. My wife was really impressed. To get an ideal of what it looks like, you can go to jeep.com. Build and price a summit grand Cherokee and choose leather seats and interior package. Once you expand the picture, you can see how the leather is laid out. You can only view in white however.
    Last edited by LuvSpeed; 08-13-2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added information
    T/A # 3

I have a 2008 SRT 8 GC. I have owned it since new. For those who don't know the history, this variant was engineered and designed when Mercedes was in charge. I have a Vortech supercharger on it which was installed by a very gifted tech at an authorized (then Chrysler) dealer. While the Vortech calibration that came with it was good, I had Johan from Diablo ride with me in the vehicle with his lap top and dial it in to perfection. The car has been at one standing mile event and one private drag strip track rental. It has also done a few laps at Homestead Speedway's road course. It did 159.52 MPH in the standing mile ( about 60 degrees that day). It did 12.13 at 113.7 at the strip when the temperature was 80 degrees and the humidity was 80% - less than perfect altitude density. At 60 degrees with low humidity and a bit more of a power brake, I think that the car would basically duplicate the stats for the Trackhawk which is 573 pounds heavier than my car. My car has been meticulously maintained and has the distinctive first Gen SRT 8 look with the twin, together exhausts, wheels, front fascia, etc. It has been, and continues to be an incredible car and at only 62,000 miles on it, is in excellent condition inside and out. Do any of you have one like mine?
    Last edited by Unlimtd; 08-13-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Semper SRT. Proud owner of Viper TA, Hellcat and supercharged SRT8 Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimtd View Post
    I have a 2008 SRT 8 GC. I have owned it since new. For thoase who don't know the history, this variant was engineered and designed when Mercedes was in charge. I have a Vortech supercharger on it which was installed by a very gifted tech at an authorized (then Chrysler) dealer. While the Vortech calibration that came with it was good, I had Johan from Diablo ride with me in the vehicle with his lap top and dial it in to perfection. The car has been at one standing mile event and one private drag strip track rental. It has also done a few laps at Homestead Speedway's road course. It did 159.52 MPH in the standing mile ( about 60 degrees that day). It did 12.13 at 113.7 at the strip when the temperature was 80 degrees and the humidity was 80% - less than perfect altitude density. At 60 degrees with low humidity and a bit more of a power brake, I think that the car would basically duplicate the stats for the Trackhawk which is 573 pounds heavier than my car. My car has been meticulously maintained and has the distinctive first Gen SRT 8 look with the twin, together exhausts, wheels, front fascia, etc. It has been, and continues to be an incredible car and at only 62,000 miles on it, is in excellent condition inside and out. Do any of you have one like mine?
    I have an 07, bought it with 50k kms on it, now has 140k km's on it.. Borla exhaust, the 315/275 tires, eibach lowering springs, stoptech drilled rotors and pads... I honestly don't think I will ever part with it, its been rock solid... I may put a built motor into it and whipple it this winter...
    2017 SSG ACR SE- 2007 Jeep SRT8 2006 -Dodge SRT-10 QC -1978 Dodge Ramcharger 440 SE -1994 Mazda RX-7 Peripheral port turbo -1987 Mazda RX-7 3 rotor turbo- Dynojet 224 xlc

VOA Member
    since 2015
    New Jersey

I have a 2006 SRT8 that I purchased new in Jan of 2006. Its all stock with 41,000 miles and it has been solid. It's my daily and I luv it.
    2013 GTS, 2006 SRT8 JEEP, 2010 HARLEY SUPER GLIDE CUSTOM

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New Jersey

I have had (2) SRT Jeep's, a 2014 and my current 2016 nite edition which is my daily. I absolutely love it, and ordered a 2018 SRT Durango about a month ago. I know of some dealers that want to put an adm on the SRT Durango's also which is rediculous.

Got my order in at MSRP, now the wait begins
    2017 Viper GTC 1 of 1
    2002 Viper RT/10
    1996 Viper GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS21 View Post
    Got my order in at MSRP, now the wait begins
    Did they give you an estimated street date for these?
    2013 9.0 liter track car, 2016 ACR, 96 GTS, 01 RT/10, 03 SRT/10, '16 Megacab, '05 Ford GT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Supporting Vendor

ADM -- A Dumb Move . 30K, huh, just say no to " Drugs!"

Sold out all of our large , initial allocation , and there will be one more for the model year , at present. None above , MSRP, of course, and our only disadvantage is we will probably not have any in stock , as a few more deposits and we will have our second allocation sold ---- folks want to order exactly what they want , imho, when they are paying 90k or so.

Going to be fun for those who acquire this beast, as hard not to get jacked blowing the doors off a Cayenne Turbo S for a bunch less money?!
    Viper and Performance Sales Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Did they give you an estimated street date for these?
    I was told to expect delivery in January
    2017 Viper GTC 1 of 1
    2002 Viper RT/10
    1996 Viper GTS

Alex Ristanovic
    VOA National President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    That's what I heard, Jan or Feb. Doesn't seem like this year was a possibility, even though that's what they communicated. And if past history is any guide....

I've decided to get one. Went with pearl white color, matte black wheels, and all the goodies except for the higher end interior (which I actually don't like at all - I like my performance suede).

Now the wait begins.
    Viper Owners Association
    The Greatest Club on Earth!
    "Build it, and they will come"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12