VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Canada

Gen 4 header shootout

Currently running 1 3/4 mms, car lays down 590whp. Have the opportunity to get some arh 1 3/4s, worth swapping? The car will be getting heads/cam, and maybe some boost down the road.

This is the only thing I've seen that comes close to answering your question:

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...hlight=headers

For heads/cam, it looks like it might be worth the swap. Unfortunately, I don't know how much of that was caused by the pickle that is used on the Belangers...my understanding is that M&M headers are the same tri-y design, just without the pickle. You also have to factor in how weak the exhaust lobe is on the VVT cam...going to a fixed cam with a decent exhaust lobe will make the car more sensitive to exhaust changes.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | 11.33 @ 128.72, 1.95 60' (+1,625 ft DA)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Canada
    Arh headers acquired, now to purchase an exhaust, I wonder if Belanger sells an exhaust that bolts on to the arh j pipes?

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Western Canada
    What, you're car's not loud enough already??? Lol
    I'm sure you could fab something up to make the ARH and Belangers fit together.
    2001 GTS ACR Yellow with black stripes. AKA Minion

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianACR View Post
    What, you're car's not loud enough already??? Lol
    I'm sure you could fab something up to make the ARH and Belangers fit together.
    Ill give belanger a call tomorrow, I think they have a corsa style that would bolt right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Redx View Post
    Ill give belanger a call tomorrow, I think they have a corsa style that would bolt right up.
    Part # 5527 I believe the current sale price is $1195 with the rolled tips, I can help you with this if needed.

Thanks,
    Mark Jorgensen
    Manager http://woodhousemotorsports.com
    402-677-2935 Cell

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorgensen View Post
    Part # 5527 I believe the current sale price is $1195 with the rolled tips, I can help you with this if needed.

Thanks,
    Thanks mark, I actually ordered this morning from Belanger themselves with the sale price, just saw this post now.

I ordered the 3” cat back with 3” inlet, I’m assuming this is what I needed. Did not get a pn # however.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    I hate threads like this.... It makes me wonder what is being left on the table not running headers. I've experienced under hood heat issues in the past with headers and decided this time around to leave the factory manifolds on and do the 3" hi-flo mids with the 3" inlet Corsa. Being that I already bought my GenV intake and plan on Dyno tuning sometimes between now and spring... I'm really starting to wonder what the real world gains are from going with a header like ARH. I definitely don't want to spend the time and effort of having my car tuned to only decide that I'm not happy with the end result to only obligate myself to add headers and go through the process again. The peace of mind that the factory manifolds give is hard to give up.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Canada
    I never had any underhood heat problems with the MM's, they are a really great header as well, and priced well. Since going to be doing heads/cam and 90% of the cars are going ARH, its a no brainer.

Stealth, ill be selling my MM's and a custom tig'd magnaflow race exhaust, its already taken two vipers in the 10's on arrow tune, solid setup.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Western Canada
    +1 for Redx. I have bought couple items from him, he’s a good seller and a good dude.
    Current: 2014 SRT Gunmetal Pearl w/Black Stripes

Previous: 2005 Black SRT-10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    I never had any underhood heat problems with the MM's, they are a really great header as well, and priced well. Since going to be doing heads/cam and 90% of the cars are going ARH, its a no brainer.

Stealth, ill be selling my MM's and a custom tig'd magnaflow race exhaust, its already taken two vipers in the 10's on arrow tune, solid setup.
    Thank you and I'll keep you posted. I would need to change out my mid pipes but even if I do change things up I think I'll be staying with my Corsa, I actually really like the sound of it. As others, I wish I could hear multiple Vipers with all the exhaust set ups side by side. One day maybe.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Remember to get real accurate results run the 1st set up on the dyno then change them out on the dyno to run the 2nd set on the same day with the same conditions. Does no good to run them years apart or different dyno's.
    TT everything

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Western Canada

Stealth, his set up sounds really good too! If you are thinking of changing out what you got , I would suggest you definitely consider Redx's stuff!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianACR View Post
    Stealth, his set up sounds really good too! If you are thinking of changing out what you got , I would suggest you definitely consider Redx's stuff!
    I don't even have it off yet, it will just get added to the ever growing collection pile I'm building at home.