Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rimouski (QC)
    Posts
    113

    Search function not working

    I'm trying to search "module" in the "Gen I/II" section and it just doesn't work. When I click on "Search Now" it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

    Doesnt work.jpg

  2. #2
    Scott Grayson
    VOA Forums Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Web Site Committee
    Moderator
    Tech Team
    City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nu Yawk
    Posts
    2,662
    I get some results if you expand the parameters. Try searching for "module" in all posts (not just titles).
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2014 SRT8 JGC Closed Roof (Gone and missed)
    2018 Range Rover Sport Dynamic
    Resident Misanthrope

  3. #3
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rimouski (QC)
    Posts
    113
    "Search Entire Posts" instead of "Search Titles Only", still no luck. Nothing!

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,051
    I get 3 results with what appears to be the same settings as shown in the original post using "Search Titles Only"

    Using Google Chrome on a desktop computer.
    Jim

  5. #5
    Enthusiast Leslie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    N. Indiana
    Posts
    1,050
    I thought that was a member option only...?
    2008 ACR from Woodhouse SRT/Viper

  6. #6
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rimouski (QC)
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    I get 3 results with what appears to be the same settings as shown in the original post using "Search Titles Only"

    Using Google Chrome on a desktop computer.
    I really don't get it. Using Chrome on a desktop computer too...

  7. #7
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rimouski (QC)
    Posts
    113
    Please, I really need help on that one. A forum without a search function is pretty sad!

  8. #8
    Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    VA/MD/DC/DE

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    234
    works for me on several browsers

  9. #9
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by MuRCieLaGo View Post
    Please, I really need help on that one. A forum without a search function is pretty sad!
    I don't have a clue why you are having this problem. However, as a workaround, google can search the overall forum, it just can't return findings limited to one sub forum or limited to titles. I find it to be a better way to search a forum than through the forum software.

    The way that you would search for module is entering the following text into the google search box:
    module site:driveviper.com
    Jim

  10. #10
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rimouski (QC)
    Posts
    113
    Unfortunately, it is still pretty sad not being able to limit the findings only to Gen I/Gen II...

  11. #11
    The built in search function in vBulletin is lacking. But, I am able to find the results you're looking for with the following steps:

    1. Click Advanced Search in the top right
    2. Click Search Single Content Type
    3. Select "Search type:" -> Posts
    4. Enter "module" in keywords, with "Search entire posts"
    5. Highlight "Gen I/Gen II" in "Search in Forum(s)" under the Additional Options header
    6. Click "search now" at the bottom of the page

  12. #12
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rimouski (QC)
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Driver View Post
    The built in search function in vBulletin is lacking. But, I am able to find the results you're looking for with the following steps:

    1. Click Advanced Search in the top right
    2. Click Search Single Content Type
    3. Select "Search type:" -> Posts
    4. Enter "module" in keywords, with "Search entire posts"
    5. Highlight "Gen I/Gen II" in "Search in Forum(s)" under the Additional Options header
    6. Click "search now" at the bottom of the page
    11 months later (sorry I work on a ship and sometimes I'm gone for a long time), I'm still looking for a solution. It doesn't work. I really like forums, especially their search functions...

    Can somebody please post a screenshot of their search screen...?
    Last edited by MuRCieLaGo; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:54 PM.

  13. #13
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by MuRCieLaGo View Post
    11 months later (sorry I'm work on a ship and sometimes I'm gone for a long time), I'm still looking for a solution. It doesn't work. I really like forums, especially their search functions...

    Can somebody please post a screenshot of their search screen...?
    I just configured my search using google chrome browser as follows and got a return of 3 threads


    103118 search.jpg



    103118 search results.jpg
    Jim


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •