VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    It gets better..........
    email forwarded to me tonight....

Date: Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM
    Subject: Re: Re Dodge Viper
    To:...............

Before we can move further with our conversation you have to know the real thing about my vehicle (don't get me wrong please). The vehicle is located in Croatia, Europe. I purchased it from the United States last year. Since we have some modified laws here regarding the vehicles that are coming from outside of European Union, is hard for me to register the vehicle here, and I think the best option for me now it's to sell it back to the United States because the vehicle still has US title on it and I think will be much easy for the new owner with the registration process (will be just like a regular registration in your state). If you are still interested please let me know and is not necessary to reply back if you consider this is not a good deal for you.

Thank you

Robert"

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by acrvprc View Post
    You answered your own question, had you said that up front, all the replys would have just said scam. You had to ask the group if this was a scam?????
    There was a reason I did not first mention the price, I wanted more information on the car, I was thinking it may have been a insurance write off from Flood damage or unwarranted engine failure. There was not any info on the for sale add.
    The actual price advertised was......$60k!!! Yes. I know! (I thought it had been a misprint and the extra '1' was missing!
    But a UK Club member had seen the car advertised so I thought I would ask some questions for him. Pleased I did now.
    thanks everyone.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Croatia!
    '08 Very Viper Orange SRT-10 Coupe | The Orange Lure

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by viperBase1 View Post
    Croatia!
    Could be those pesky Ruskies cyber attacking again!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Under $70k???

You do realize that is approaching current pricing for 2006 Gen III's, right?

And here is an ACR-E that is 10 years newer, with a legitimate $70k in valuable mods.
    Well if not running and motor is blown up! With a ton of track miles, rode hard and put away wet, that probably is a realistic number for the car, as is, no warranty and no real motor in it. Got to love the hard core speaker box in the back. That car could be hacked up pretty good. Who knows, it could have been smash up a couple of times on the track.

I find it a little laughable the current prices some of these resellers want for their ACRs and GEN Vs which are used beyond delivery miles, especially on the track. I am all for cars appreciating but these guys and some dealers that feel their car that would not sell 6 months ago at under MRSP all of a sudden will sell for $100k over MRSP just because the Viper is out of production. Sorry but the car is not at anywhere close to those resale amounts yet.

The mods on top of the price don't mean anything if the car is dead.

Just caught the latest thread updates above, probably a scam at that point. Who buys a car over seas and then doesn't do the homework on how to register it. Run! Run! Run!
    Last edited by Coloviper; 5 Days Ago at 04:26 PM.
    1996 Viper RT/10 #96-0132, 1 of 231 96' RTs (Black w/SS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12