since 2013
    Ontario

Prices are not going up

2001 GTS Sapphire Blue/Silver Stripes
    2004 SRT Red

VOA Member
    since 2017
    New Jersey
    That's a typo, there was a 2 before the 6.

TIL Viper is not 911.

Hysterical how obsessed people are with value. So vehemently offended at the thought that a special one could be worth something. https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-28...oo-ii-edition/

Hahaha.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR (Weekends)
    Maserati Granturismo Sport (Daily)
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

Enthusiast
    No he didn't...........

Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    Hysterical how obsessed people are with value.
    Last edited by Murpowa; 12-03-2017 at 04:03 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    TIL Viper is not 911.
    Ooops, sorry'o. Wrong forum............... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Murpowa View Post
    No he didn't...........

Hey after dropping six figures on the ACR all I can afford is Ramen Noodles for dinner...m'kay? Lol ....
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    VA/MD/DC/DE

Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    Hysterical how obsessed people are with value. So vehemently offended at the thought that a special one could be worth something. https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-28...oo-ii-edition/

Hahaha.
    Inflation adjusted, $170K is $85K from 1999 which is $165 more than the window sticker I found for a 99 ACR. A recent Mecum 940 miles 1999 ACR sold in Texas for $78K ( $83K w/premium). So, in 18 years, this 2017 with coulple hundred more miles will be worth around $170K still. Or if you invest the $170K in Bitcoin, you'd be Jeff B or Bill G right now and not give a ..........

I'm just glad Hillarious isn't prez. Economy is boomin'!!!! Cars are for fun, not profit. But for whatever reason Viper owners want to diminish the value of their own brand. Never experienced such nonsense before with any other auto manufacturer following. Back in 2013 I understood it was just a ploy to weaken value for the secondary market. But it's not working this time. Most SE owners are never selling. My name is on the car, the car cover and on the window sticker. It simply wasn't made for anyone else. I'd like to die with it and have my son inherit the car. Now, off to the Botcoin investment. ........!!!!
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    That is 70k after buyers fee.
    TT everything

Check out the Vipers going to Auction at Mecum in Kissimmee -NICE!!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbccenter View Post
    That is 70k after buyers fee.
    What he said.

Also an auction price doesn't represent market value since you should plan 2-4 months to sell a Viper that isn't at a fire sale price.
    2016 Venom Black Viper TA #15

Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Is that all you do all day is dream about value increases and internet searches to prove it? This topic is beyond old.

Same cars have been listed for months on end. The reality is no one is paying those inflated prices.

Actually this list is one day old
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Problem with Viper prices isn't the amount up or down, it is the depth and peak of the swings. To fast up and down. If they would stabilize to a set level and then slowly climb from there they would have a lot better chance at okay depreciation or better yet appreciation.

The insanely price-jumped ones out there just make out community look like a bunch of idiots. I am all for appreciating our cars's values but the few put there way above MRSP or used ones still at MRSP are just not reality. The Viper will do well long run but they are not worth that today. They are worth the depreciation like ever other car in this category. Anyone paying more today is just plain foolish.

The long term parts support and 100% unified vision Viper community will dictate how well it does.
    1996 Viper RT/10 #96-0132, 1 of 231 96' RTs (Black w/SS)

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Has anything else actually sold at a higher price since the orange ACR/TA at BJ sold? I feel like that auction sale started an asking price frenzy but I haven't heard of any sales...
    2016 Venom Black Viper TA #15

Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Problem with Viper prices isn't the amount up or down, it is the depth and peak of the swings. To fast up and down. If they would stabilize to a set level and then slowly climb from there they would have a lot better chance at okay depreciation or better yet appreciation.
    A little like today’s stock market but no real hedge available.

When a vehicle doesn't sell well new, you can't expect an increase in the short term even if it is discontinued. The demand isn't there.
    2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2015 Lincoln MKC, 2015 Chevrolet Silverado

The GTS-R at VE was listed for tens of thousands of dollars over sticker and no longer shows up in their available inventory. One might deduce that it's sold. That Voodoo II at mecom and the ACR TA at BJ also hammered for tens of thousands of dollars over. Nothing to cash your 401 (k) in over, but it's doing pretty well, even though it's generally unusual, for a car.
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Then sell yours. If not stop it. Enough already.

Oh mine isn't for sale and I didn't start this thread. Just finished it. But thanks for the suggestion
    Infiniti QX80 (Snow)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post

The insanely price-jumped ones out there just make out community look like a bunch of idiots. I am all for appreciating our cars's values but the few put there way above MRSP or used ones still at MRSP are just not reality. The Viper will do well long run but they are not worth that today. They are worth the depreciation like ever other car in this category. Anyone paying more today is just plain foolish.

The long term parts support and 100% unified vision Viper community will dictate how well it does.
    Rick, I have to disagree with your post. The 17 Viper sold out long before production ended. So if someone really wants a new Viper they may very well be willing to pay more than list or more than what some on here think the car is worth. Heck if I had the garage space I might have bought that ACR/TA that was for sale in Georgia for $159K. The list on my ACR/TA was like $126K. Why might you say would I want another ACR/TA? Because I think the car is cool as hell and I love orange cars. I also am a big fan of the GTS-R and would consider one of those even over list.

Now this trend might not last but I think it can explain why some cars (like the BJ ACR/TA) go for such a premium. There are people that can afford to pay damn near anything for something they want. Not everyone can of course but some can. I have a friend in NJ that bought an ACR 1 of 1 and liked it so much he bought a second. This guy has two FGTs, a drag pack Challenger, a drag pack Mustang, and a bunch of other stuff. He could afford to pay whatever for that second ACR.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast