Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
  1. #26
    Enthusiast FrgMstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lucas, Texas
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman2006 View Post
    I turned 15 on the 1st of Jan and got my learners permit, and my dad gave me my dream car, a 2006 Viper Coupe. Traction control... nope don't need that getting in the way, stability control... Nah, no electronic heroes ruining my day, ABS... fine if you insist! I learned to drive on a 1987 Ford Escort GT, so I'm already accustomed to the power of a Viper, I just have to deal with rear wheel drive aspect of the Viper. Other than that I just wanted to say hola and I look forward to sharing many years of: drag racing, drifting and whipping donuts in my dream car!

    Also anyone in the Phoneix area?
    Your father is one of the most stupid people on the planet. Or he is just looking to get rid of you.
    As long as it is not yellow.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post
    Your father is one of the most stupid people on the planet. Or he is just looking to get rid of you.
    You read the whole thread, huh?

  3. #28
    Enthusiast Steve M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman2006 View Post
    Well played gentleman. Ok, Ill re-name the post "New to Vipers Only." I'm 32 I wasn't trying to be a troll it just kind of turned into that.

    Everything else is true... except the part about racing go-carts, I don't do that.

    And I guess technically that part about the steering wheel for my PS4 isn't true either, as matter of fact I don't even own Gran Turismo.

    On a positive note, there are a bunch of genuinely, good guy/gals on this forum that care about people, and that is awesome to see, I'm honored to be apart of the Viper community.

    I live about 14 min from Bondurant's and plan on attending a few of their courses, although I think the PS4/Gran Turismo combination may still be an option, lol.
    I think this forum might be better suited for you:

    http://www.viperclub.org/vca/
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | 11.33 @ 128.72, 1.95 60' (+1,625 ft DA, w/ 3.07s)

  4. #29
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    Word of advice, people here are really cool and showed me incredible support during a very tough time in my life. True friends, But starting off by trolling us, trying to make us look or feel stupid, and wasting our time for your own entertainment by making statements that an 8th grader would make because they think it's funny is not the way to make friends.

    A simple, "I'm new here and looking forward to meeting people...etc." will more than suffice. Many people here will not only recommend a good tech, they might even help you do the work free of charge. Though not if you start things off by making everyone think you are just here to mess with them.

    Good luck and please drive safely
    I think you're being a bit dramatic, but ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    You read the whole thread, huh?
    He was probably so worked up from the first post, I don't think he was able to read the entire thread. Your sarcasm kills me though

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    I think this forum might be better suited for you:

    http://www.viperclub.org/vca/
    Noted, Steve M does suggest I go to a differnt forum. Also noted Steve M doesn't have a sense of humor and Vprbite is super sensitive. I'll adjust my sense of humor to accommodate both of your emotional needs. Lastly, FrgMstr seems like he may have an anger issue.
    Last edited by Fatman2006; 01-12-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    06 Srt10 Coupe, 09 Smart Car Brabus

    V10 Time®

  5. #30
    Enthusiast Steve M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,651
    First impressions are everything. Your approach backfired. Turning it around on us like we're the assholes isn't going to make this better.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | 11.33 @ 128.72, 1.95 60' (+1,625 ft DA, w/ 3.07s)

  6. #31
    VOA Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Special Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    First impressions are everything. Your approach backfired. Turning it around on us like we're the assholes isn't going to make this better.
    To your first sentence. Yes! To the second. Yes! To the last. Absolutely!!!
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

  7. #32
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    First impressions are everything. Your approach backfired. Turning it around on us like we're the assholes isn't going to make this better.
    I didn't say or imply everyone on the forum is an asshole, in fact I said the complete opposite earlier in the thread. I'll even agree my initial intention of joking, missed its mark. However, I owned that fact already.

    And I'm not trying to make anything better, because so far as I can see only, about 3 of you were butt hurt by my post. 3 members of a forum do not constitute an entire group. So if you feel like an asshole, my guess is, it has more to do with you being one and nothing to do with my post.
    Last edited by Fatman2006; 01-13-2018 at 07:20 PM.

  8. #33
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    TheMadMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    461
    Hey Fatman2006 don't take any of this too hard. Some on here tend to take themselves pretty seriously.

    Sometime you can just take a look at a persons post count and get an idea of how important this forum is to said Enthusiast.
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

  9. #34
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    To some, I have found this forum extremely helpful. To the rest, you know exactly what I mean.

    Why this thread exists is beyond my comprehension. To poison a well when the knowledge base here is so immense doesn't make sense. As our vehicles age out, this community will become more and more valuable. When a vehicle is out of commission and it is found out that parts aren't available, knowing the community, appreciating the knowledge base, and having relationships with those who may have an extra part or know the work around will prove to be invaluable. Or you can enjoy a great piece of garage art.

    My humble recommendation would be to delete the offending post and/or thread, apologize, and move on - never to see another POST on this thread.
    I absolutely agree, how do I delete the post from individuals that offended me, so we can all move on?

  10. #35
    Enthusiast Geronimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lynn's GTS
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman2006 View Post
    I absolutely agree, how do I delete the post from individuals that offended me, so we can all move on?
    Grow some thicker skin son. It's just a car forum. It's pretty well known most viper owners are a-holes lol

  11. #36
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Grow some thicker skin son. It's just a car forum. It's pretty well known most viper owners are a-holes lol
    I was being a smart ass, Viperenvy's implication was, that I was being offensive by poisoning the well and should apologize. My reply to that post was clearly contradictory to any burden of apologizing, but thanks for the advice grandpa.

  12. #37
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    ViperSRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    536
    Been silent, but also annoyed at Fatman’s approach and attitude. But getting very close to putting the him into ignore mode.

  13. #38
    Enthusiast Geronimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lynn's GTS
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman2006 View Post
    I was being a smart ass, Viperenvy's implication was, that I was being offensive by poisoning the well and should apologize. My reply to that post was clearly contradictory to any burden of apologizing, but thanks for the advice grandpa.
    I'm not a Granpa yet.

  14. #39
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Been silent, but also annoyed at Fatman’s approach and attitude. But getting very close to putting the him into ignore mode.
    You ain't about that life.

  15. #40
    Enthusiast Geronimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lynn's GTS
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Been silent, but also annoyed at Fatman’s approach and attitude. But getting very close to putting the him into ignore mode.
    Kids these days.

  16. #41
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Carolinas
    Whozaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    36
    Everyone will always have their own way about approaching situations. It seems like the Viper community is a bit more mature than other car groups.. so trolling everyone probably isn't the best way...

  17. #42
    VOA Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Special Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    667
    I think that Fatman 2006 just finished reading Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends & Influence People".
    Then again maybe not.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

  18. #43
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Whozaka View Post
    Everyone will always have their own way about approaching situations. It seems like the Viper community is a bit more mature than other car groups.. so trolling everyone probably isn't the best way...
    Shhhhhh...... It's done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I think that Fatman 2006 just finished reading Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends & Influence People".
    Then again maybe not.
    That's a definitive no.

  19. #44
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    TheMadMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    461
    Hey Fatman2006 that ignore button works both ways. Just so you know.

    Pretty funny how some people on here seem to think they need to be impressed by others first posts after all it's a public forum.

    On this forum as in the real world you will aways run into a few that think they are self-important.

    But what do I know and who really cares..........
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

  20. #45
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    TheMadMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    461
    With 631 views so far this first post has to be one of the most viewed. So fatman2006 you my friend have made your presents known. Good for you, man.
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

  21. #46
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    MacDill AFB
    Posts
    182
    Just read this thread. I actually bought a new Ford Escort GT in 1987 from Cowles FORD in Virginia. My first new car as a freshly minted 2ndLt in the USMC. I always wondered what happened to it after I sold it 6 months later heading to Okinawa Japan.

  22. #47
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    Hey Fatman2006 that ignore button works both ways. Just so you know.

    Pretty funny how some people on here seem to think they need to be impressed by others first posts after all it's a public forum.

    On this forum as in the real world you will aways run into a few that think they are self-important.

    But what do I know and who really cares..........
    Solid advice man. It's good to see there are other Viper owners that have a chill mode, these dudes were ready to eat me alive for using humor.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    With 631 views so far this first post has to be one of the most viewed. So fatman2006 you my friend have made your presents known. Good for you, man.
    Thanks bro, I'm going to celebrate by making another thread, called "Thinking about doing an LS swap." Lol these guys would have a melt down!

  23. #48
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ellowviper View Post
    Just read this thread. I actually bought a new Ford Escort GT in 1987 from Cowles FORD in Virginia. My first new car as a freshly minted 2ndLt in the USMC. I always wondered what happened to it after I sold it 6 months later heading to Okinawa Japan.
    So you know what I mean when I say it would blow the doors off a Viper, lol. Coincidence, that's where I bought my 87 Escort GT, was yours white?

  24. #49
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    MacDill AFB
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman2006 View Post
    So you know what I mean when I say it would blow the doors off a Viper, lol. Coincidence, that's where I bought my 87 Escort GT, was yours white?
    Nope....a nice deep blue with the metal rear window louvers. I purchased it on a Sunday, parked it that evening in Parking Lot #14 at The Basic School (TBS), Monday we went to the field for training, and that night the wheels were stolen. I got dragged in by the MPs Tuesday for the investigation. Insurance fixed everything and I got some very nice aftermarket wheels/tires to go on it.

  25. #50
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ellowviper View Post
    Nope....a nice deep blue with the metal rear window louvers. I purchased it on a Sunday, parked it that evening in Parking Lot #14 at The Basic School (TBS), Monday we went to the field for training, and that night the wheels were stolen. I got dragged in by the MPs Tuesday for the investigation. Insurance fixed everything and I got some very nice aftermarket wheels/tires to go on it.
    Right on, your rims getting stolen was a bad situation, but insurance funded upgrades are always a win.


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •