Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    I was told "Corvette makes the viper. They own it and make it. Like the firebird and Camaro used to be " I didn't even know where to start explaining how wrong that was
    2002 Red Viper GTS...At the Great Racetrack in the Sky
    2006 Red Viper Coupe...Belangers and Corsa
    2004 Black Ram QC Hemi on 35's /Ossur Re-Flex foot & Custom Carbon Fiber Socket

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    I started at thread a couple years ago called "what have you been told about your viper". Some great stuff in there

To me some of the funniest things were what people weren't willing to belive and what they were. On my GTS I jad people tell me the little level inside the headlights wasn't for leveling the headlights. Or that the grills on the hood weren't for HVAC and the other was non functioning. They were willing to believe that they were speakers though for if you are at a party or the beach you can open the hood and have music. Go figure

- - - Updated - - -

This totally sounds like something a Ferrari guy would say
    Should be one of those sticky'd topics eh?

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    VA/MD/DC/DE
    At a car show and some dude asks why I didn't opt for the paddle shifters and then proceeded to talk about the merits of European supercars over obsolete American V8 "wannabe" supercars...he obviously confused the car with a Corvette (common trend I see on this thread).

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Western Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    I was told "Corvette makes the viper. They own it and make it. Like the firebird and Camaro used to be " I didn't even know where to start explaining how wrong that was
    Ha ya I’ve heard this one a couple times too. Had an old gentleman in a beat up pickup truck pull up next to me with a quizzical look on his face. “What is that?” “It’s a Viper” “who makes it?” “It’s built by dodge” “no f**king way!”

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Ohio
    "what is it?"

I replied.

"cool, is that a v8 or a v12?"
    Last edited by mackzilla; 01-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Houston
    I had several people ask me "What do you need that for"?

And even more ask me what my plate means.

195.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    I have people ask what the TA means all the time. After I answer they almost always say “I wondered why you had Trans Am stickers on your car”.

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post

195.jpg
    Loving that plate

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianACR View Post
    Ha ya I’ve heard this one a couple times too. Had an old gentleman in a beat up pickup truck pull up next to me with a quizzical look on his face. “What is that?” “It’s a Viper” “who makes it?” “It’s built by dodge” “no f**king way!”
    Especially when the viper came out it didn't look like any dodge anyone had ever seen. Genuine questions never upset me. It's the people who "know" things that are patently ridiculous yet refuse to believe me when I correct them and even insinuate that I am stupid for not knowing it.

For example, the V-12 thing. I don't mind someone saying "oh I thought they offered it. I didn't know they were all V-10s" or something to that effect. But when I am flat out told that they know people with the V-12 etc etc and I should really know more about my car as an owner. Like I was once told that they offered the V-12 but very few dealers knew they did and didn't know how to order it which is why so few of them have it. The ones that do went to true enthousiasts and are really rare. I was flabbergasted. I mean, what a specific and detailed story that is wrong in literally every conceivable way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post

195.jpg
    Tell them it's your blood pressure when you get asked stupid questions : )

Pulled into a local parts store and parked next to two Corvettes. When I walked in the manager was telling a young coworker “there’s three generations of Vette’s out front”... I’ve never asked those guys for advice since!

I pulled up to a Lubbock hotel driving a rental car and a Viper club from Colorado was staying there. One guy was out front washing his car. For fun, I said “nice Vette”... he stood there quiet looking at me like I was a moron. I smiled and showed him a picture of my Gen 5 and had a good laugh. Met a bunch of nice guys that night.
    Last edited by pitdad; 01-14-2018 at 07:24 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    United Kingdom
    "What size is the engine?"

"8.3 Litre"

"........ do you mean 3.8?"

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Southern California
    I thought the Viper was a myth.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by pitdad View Post
    I pulled up to a Lubbock hotel driving a rental car and a Viper club from Colorado was staying there. One guy was out front washing his car. For fun, I said “nice Vette”... he stood there quiet looking at me like I was a moron. I smiled and showed him a picture of my Gen 5 and had a good laugh. Met a bunch of nice guys that night.
    Seems like I remember that event... Would have been on our way to or from NVE 2!
    96 GTS, 71 442, 72 FJ40, 51 F2, 78 C3, 15 Z/28
    Other reliable stuff for daily driving
    No Automatics!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Montana
    Pulled into a gas station in Elizabeth Colorado last year or so. A guy filling his beat up Ford truck was filling his tank next to me, the cab of the Ford truck was brimming with 4 kids, presumably his. Sniveling a bit, he commented "I wish I had your kinda money!". I asked him for clarification, to which he commented how much money I'd have to make to drive such a car. I asked him how much he thought my car cost, to which he replied "about 250 thousand dollars!". I finished filling, thanked him and drove off. I guess those Gen 5 wheels on my Gen 2 car were worth it!
    96 GTS, 71 442, 72 FJ40, 51 F2, 78 C3, 15 Z/28
    Other reliable stuff for daily driving
    No Automatics!

"Wow it has dual calipers in the rear!"... Yeah one's for the parking brake...

Dumbest shit I hear. . .

"Is that the V12 version? Yeah man... you know the Vette special edition called the Viper... some of them had a wicked V12. I know it, cause my uncle had one..."

"Dodge makes a sports car?"

"It's the same V10 they put in the ram 3500 trucks."

" you must have a small penis " - last time I heard that, the girlfriend looked at the idiot that said it and just laughed at him.

" My BLAHBLAHBLAH is faster and has more power " usually gets the response... "sure it is... It's just not here and doesn't exist"
    Flying Solo.

Enthusiast
    I was once told that mine is a Ferrari.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Crossroads of America
    I went to a car dealership where they had a monster truck on display and the driver signing autographs, as I pulled in the salesmen cleared a path for me to park up front and the entire crowd surrounded my car and requested I open the hood. I answered a ton of questions which was kinda fun, families were taking pics of their kids standing next to it. The driver of the monster truck walked over to me and said "Hey I thought I was supposed to be the star here" We both laughed, he was a great guy. One of the salesmen told me the people around Storm Lake area never seen a Viper in person before. Fun day.
    1968 Plymouth GTX 440 super commando, auto, a/c
    1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 magnum, 4-speed
    1997 Dodge Viper RT/10 smooth tubes, borla exhaust (1 of 64 in red, 117 total in 1997)

Enthusiast
    Loving all the great stories everyone has. Gotta love all the stupid people claiming they know more about your car than you do. Good fun there.

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Western Canada
    I've had the 'it's a truck engine in that car' thing many times. I then proceed to educate said people that the only commonality between the two engines is the number of cylinders.
    2001 GTS ACR Yellow with black stripes. Heads By JM, ported and polished, 2.02"& 1.6" Valves. Custom Comp Cam. JMB intake, M&M headers 3"SS + cat delete. AKA Minion. My neighbors hate me...

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Yep, I got that last Sunday at cars and Coffee meet

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    At a cars and coffee... Group of guys standing behind my car Silver 2010 ACR, my buddies 10 SSG ACR, and my other buddies 08 VVO Orange ACR. They are all lined up where you can see the back ends. The silver one and orange one have ring decals on them and the SSG car does not. He tells his buddies that these are the two cars that ran the ring because they had the stickers and the ssg car did not. All his friends shook there heads like they believed him. We just smiled and chuckled a little! Good thing mine got the 7:12 time and not the 7:22 that the 08 had LOL
    149DDE51-34BB-4ED0-80B8-EF50DDB5C7CF.jpg

Oh and my neighbor said it’s the coolest corvette he’s ever seen! He is right in my book!!!
    Last edited by SilverACR; 01-17-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    2010 ACR absolutely stock... well... kind of

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianACR View Post
    I've had the 'it's a truck engine in that car' thing many times. I then proceed to educate said people that the only commonality between the two engines is the number of cylinders.
    Didn't they have the same bore and stoke? I believe they did but one of our gurus will know for sure. Yes all commonality ends there. Especially considering one of them is made of cast iron and is about 4 feet tall.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Getnlwr View Post
    Dumbest shit I hear. . .

"Is that the V12 version? Yeah man... you know the Vette special edition called the Viper... some of them had a wicked V12. I know it, cause my uncle had one..."

"Dodge makes a sports car?"

"It's the same V10 they put in the ram 3500 trucks."

" you must have a small penis " - last time I heard that, the girlfriend looked at the idiot that said it and just laughed at him.

" My BLAHBLAHBLAH is faster and has more power " usually gets the response... "sure it is... It's just not here and doesn't exist"
    I prefer the "my friends cousin knows a guy whose sister in law once drove by a bus stop where this one dude was sitting whose dad worked with a guy whose son had a built XYZ that would totally smoke this thing." It's never the person with another fast car really talking shit (occasional good natured ribbing at car shows of course) but it's always 7 degrees separation from what is apparantly the fastest car on the planet and makes mine a piece of trash.

A guy and his wife pulled along side of me and asked, " is that an electric car?". I revved the engine and said, " does that sound electric?" I think his wife sh**t her pants.
    2015 White GTC
    2016 White SRT Challenger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast