Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Houston
    Fatman2006, I see you are new to the forum. Please don’t let guys like daveg and SilverACR get under your skin. I think they are just trying to be cute. This site is THE very best place to gather information on all aspects of Vipers. Not only the usual things, but ways to save money as well. Some folks like to make fun of anyone that seeks to save money, but it’s rare on this site. If you want to look at a site that is full of the “I have more money than you” crap, go to the Lamborghini Talk site. They bragg that they got a factory oil change for $900. Of course, like a fellow I know that has a Lambo, his mommy and daddy gave him the Lambo. I notice these guys did not make fun of the guy on the thread, "Hatch Release Button”. He found out that the piece of crap Viper hatch button can be replace by a Caravan button. Viper $250. Caravan $30. I wonder if these guys would get the OEM Viper Button, or get the better, heavy duty, and “cheap” Caravan button? As with any forum, there will always be the smart arse that will take a everyone to task, but it’s really rare here.
    Last edited by BillyC; 3 Days Ago at 06:50 AM.
    Never Use Aftershave That Does Not Have A Ship on the Bottle.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I just wish someone would come out with a windshield wiper relocation switch. Pisses me off every time my fat hands accidentally turn them on.
    Holy crap I’m not the only one!!! I have hit that stupid thing in at least 3 autocrosses this year! F’n embarrassing!
    2010 ACR absolutely stock

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyC View Post
    Fatman2006, I see you are new to the forum. Please don’t let guys like daveg and SilverACR get under your skin. I think they are just trying to be cute. This site is THE very best place to gather information on all aspects of Vipers. Not only the usual things, but ways to save money as well. Some folks like to make fun of anyone that seeks to save money, but it’s rare on this site. If you want to look at a site that is full of the “I have more money than you” crap, go to the Lamborghini Talk site. They bragg that they got a factory oil change for $900. Of course, like a fellow I know that has a Lambo, his mommy and daddy gave him the Lambo. I notice these guys did not make fun of the guy on the thread, "Hatch Release Button”. He found out that the piece of crap Viper hatch button can be replace by a Caravan button. Viper $250. Caravan $30. I wonder if these guys would get the OEM Viper Button, or get the better, heavy duty, and “cheap” Caravan button? As with any forum, there will always be the smart arse that will take a everyone to task, but it’s really rare here.
    Yes I was joking and yes I bought the caravan switch to replace my hatch release. Please remember this is the internet and you have to take everything with a grain (or bucket) of salt. I can be helpful on occasion, however Daveg got me going. Hit my immature side LOL.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I just wish someone would come out with a windshield wiper relocation switch. Pisses me off every time my fat hands accidentally turn them on.
    What he said^^^^^ Anybody ever have one apart?
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SilverACR View Post
    ...however Daveg got me going. Hit my immature side LOL.
    That's actually kinda funny, nice job Dave.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyC View Post
    Billy, that's what I was trying to do is be a smart ass. Do me a favor and see how many other posts I have posted here trying to be a smart ass.. I dont mind saving money.. But when it comes to hacking something to save money, I am against it.. I am not saying he was hacking his car, it just come off that way. My apologies if it come out wrong! Again, I challenge you to find another post that I am an "Arse" as you state!
    Last edited by daveg; 2 Days Ago at 04:43 PM.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Houston
    Daveg, Actually, this morning I did pull up your other posts and found no indication your comment was a trend. I thought your comment strange, because your others posts are totally cool, and you seem to be a nice guy? By the way, I did not mean to call you an arse. I said they are out there. Not very many, but occasionally you will see someone with an assitude. I mean attitude. LOL
    Last edited by BillyC; 2 Days Ago at 06:57 PM.
    Never Use Aftershave That Does Not Have A Ship on the Bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Billy, that's what I was trying to do is be a smart ass. Do me a favor and see how many other posts I have posted here trying to be a smart ass.. I dont mind saving money.. But when it comes to hacking something to save money, I am against it.. I am not saying he was hacking his car, it just come off that way. My apologies if it come out wrong! Again, I challenge you to find another post that I am an "Arse" as you state!
    No worries man, I appreciate you trying to preserve the form of our cars. And I would never hack my Viper, I'm way too OCD to half ass something on that car. But just like the hatch release, if there is another FCA wiper arm that will fit the form and function of the stock arm and allow for a less expensive blade installation I'm going to try to find it. So to start does anyone know the part number for the stock wiper arms?

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    What he said^^^^^ Anybody ever have one apart?
    No but if I end up ripping it off trying to gather the car up after an overly applied throttle then I’ll take a picture of what the insides look like

If you have autocrossed with the quick tight turns you really know how bad that lever is! Not really an issue on the street or track.

I should post a vid of a voa autocross where I hit the lever twice in the same run LOL!

From 2005 parts manual: Left arm is 04865504ae, right is 04865505ae.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    You may be on to something with getting an extra set of arms. It wouldn’t be too hard to modify a set to accept a equal size blade off a common car. Worst case get arms off a common car, cut the blade recievers off, graph them onto your viper arms, then body work and paint them. You could always return it to stock with your OE unmodified arms.

Solves the problem without any permanent issues. Good thoughts guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ACtechOPS View Post
    From 2005 parts manual: Left arm is 04865504ae, right is 04865505ae.
    Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverACR View Post
    You may be on to something with getting an extra set of arms. It wouldn’t be too hard to modify a set to accept a equal size blade off a common car. Worst case get arms off a common car, cut the blade recievers off, graph them onto your viper arms, then body work and paint them. You could always return it to stock with your OE unmodified arms.

Solves the problem without any permanent issues. Good thoughts guy!
    Im out of the country right now, but Ill post any progress when I have a chance to put your adivce to use. Thank you sir!
    Last edited by Fatman2006; 1 Day Ago at 01:26 PM.
    06 Srt10 Coupe, 09 Smart Car Brabus

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Maybe you can procure a used set from someone like X2 builders who salvage vipers. I would think that part isn’t in the highest demand from a viper salvage. I could be wrong though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12