Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Houston
    BillyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    An Island off of Texas
    Posts
    154
    Fatman2006, I see you are new to the forum. Please don’t let guys like daveg and SilverACR get under your skin. I think they are just trying to be cute. This site is THE very best place to gather information on all aspects of Vipers. Not only the usual things, but ways to save money as well. Some folks like to make fun of anyone that seeks to save money, but it’s rare on this site. If you want to look at a site that is full of the “I have more money than you” crap, go to the Lamborghini Talk site. They bragg that they got a factory oil change for $900. Of course, like a fellow I know that has a Lambo, his mommy and daddy gave him the Lambo. I notice these guys did not make fun of the guy on the thread, "Hatch Release Button”. He found out that the piece of crap Viper hatch button can be replace by a Caravan button. Viper $250. Caravan $30. I wonder if these guys would get the OEM Viper Button, or get the better, heavy duty, and “cheap” Caravan button? As with any forum, there will always be the smart arse that will take a everyone to task, but it’s really rare here.
    Last edited by BillyC; 01-16-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    Never Use Aftershave That Does Not Have A Ship on the Bottle.

  2. #27
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    SilverACR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I just wish someone would come out with a windshield wiper relocation switch. Pisses me off every time my fat hands accidentally turn them on.
    Holy crap I’m not the only one!!! I have hit that stupid thing in at least 3 autocrosses this year! F’n embarrassing!
    2010 ACR absolutely stock

  3. #28
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    SilverACR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyC View Post
    Fatman2006, I see you are new to the forum. Please don’t let guys like daveg and SilverACR get under your skin. I think they are just trying to be cute. This site is THE very best place to gather information on all aspects of Vipers. Not only the usual things, but ways to save money as well. Some folks like to make fun of anyone that seeks to save money, but it’s rare on this site. If you want to look at a site that is full of the “I have more money than you” crap, go to the Lamborghini Talk site. They bragg that they got a factory oil change for $900. Of course, like a fellow I know that has a Lambo, his mommy and daddy gave him the Lambo. I notice these guys did not make fun of the guy on the thread, "Hatch Release Button”. He found out that the piece of crap Viper hatch button can be replace by a Caravan button. Viper $250. Caravan $30. I wonder if these guys would get the OEM Viper Button, or get the better, heavy duty, and “cheap” Caravan button? As with any forum, there will always be the smart arse that will take a everyone to task, but it’s really rare here.
    Yes I was joking and yes I bought the caravan switch to replace my hatch release. Please remember this is the internet and you have to take everything with a grain (or bucket) of salt. I can be helpful on occasion, however Daveg got me going. Hit my immature side LOL.
    2010 ACR absolutely stock

  4. #29
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Northern California
    TheMadMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I just wish someone would come out with a windshield wiper relocation switch. Pisses me off every time my fat hands accidentally turn them on.
    What he said^^^^^ Anybody ever have one apart?
    2000 GTS built/Paxton:Sold
    2013 GTS
    2010 SRT10 Coupe

  5. #30
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverACR View Post
    ...however Daveg got me going. Hit my immature side LOL.
    That's actually kinda funny, nice job Dave.

  6. #31
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    daveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyC View Post
    Fatman2006, I see you are new to the forum. Please don’t let guys like daveg and SilverACR get under your skin. I think they are just trying to be cute. This site is THE very best place to gather information on all aspects of Vipers. Not only the usual things, but ways to save money as well. Some folks like to make fun of anyone that seeks to save money, but it’s rare on this site. If you want to look at a site that is full of the “I have more money than you” crap, go to the Lamborghini Talk site. They bragg that they got a factory oil change for $900. Of course, like a fellow I know that has a Lambo, his mommy and daddy gave him the Lambo. I notice these guys did not make fun of the guy on the thread, "Hatch Release Button”. He found out that the piece of crap Viper hatch button can be replace by a Caravan button. Viper $250. Caravan $30. I wonder if these guys would get the OEM Viper Button, or get the better, heavy duty, and “cheap” Caravan button? As with any forum, there will always be the smart arse that will take a everyone to task, but it’s really rare here.
    Billy, that's what I was trying to do is be a smart ass. Do me a favor and see how many other posts I have posted here trying to be a smart ass.. I dont mind saving money.. But when it comes to hacking something to save money, I am against it.. I am not saying he was hacking his car, it just come off that way. My apologies if it come out wrong! Again, I challenge you to find another post that I am an "Arse" as you state!
    Last edited by daveg; 01-17-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

  7. #32
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Houston
    BillyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    An Island off of Texas
    Posts
    154
    Daveg, Actually, this morning I did pull up your other posts and found no indication your comment was a trend. I thought your comment strange, because your others posts are totally cool, and you seem to be a nice guy? By the way, I did not mean to call you an arse. I said they are out there. Not very many, but occasionally you will see someone with an assitude. I mean attitude. LOL
    Last edited by BillyC; 01-17-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    Never Use Aftershave That Does Not Have A Ship on the Bottle.

  8. #33
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Billy, that's what I was trying to do is be a smart ass. Do me a favor and see how many other posts I have posted here trying to be a smart ass.. I dont mind saving money.. But when it comes to hacking something to save money, I am against it.. I am not saying he was hacking his car, it just come off that way. My apologies if it come out wrong! Again, I challenge you to find another post that I am an "Arse" as you state!
    No worries man, I appreciate you trying to preserve the form of our cars. And I would never hack my Viper, I'm way too OCD to half ass something on that car. But just like the hatch release, if there is another FCA wiper arm that will fit the form and function of the stock arm and allow for a less expensive blade installation I'm going to try to find it. So to start does anyone know the part number for the stock wiper arms?

  9. #34
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    SilverACR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    What he said^^^^^ Anybody ever have one apart?
    No but if I end up ripping it off trying to gather the car up after an overly applied throttle then I’ll take a picture of what the insides look like

    If you have autocrossed with the quick tight turns you really know how bad that lever is! Not really an issue on the street or track.

    I should post a vid of a voa autocross where I hit the lever twice in the same run LOL!
    2010 ACR absolutely stock

  10. #35
    Enthusiast ACtechOPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    323
    From 2005 parts manual: Left arm is 04865504ae, right is 04865505ae.

  11. #36
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    SilverACR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    You may be on to something with getting an extra set of arms. It wouldn’t be too hard to modify a set to accept a equal size blade off a common car. Worst case get arms off a common car, cut the blade recievers off, graph them onto your viper arms, then body work and paint them. You could always return it to stock with your OE unmodified arms.

    Solves the problem without any permanent issues. Good thoughts guy!
    2010 ACR absolutely stock

  12. #37
    Enthusiast Fatman2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    AZ, CA, VA
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by ACtechOPS View Post
    From 2005 parts manual: Left arm is 04865504ae, right is 04865505ae.
    Thanks bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverACR View Post
    You may be on to something with getting an extra set of arms. It wouldn’t be too hard to modify a set to accept a equal size blade off a common car. Worst case get arms off a common car, cut the blade recievers off, graph them onto your viper arms, then body work and paint them. You could always return it to stock with your OE unmodified arms.

    Solves the problem without any permanent issues. Good thoughts guy!
    Im out of the country right now, but Ill post any progress when I have a chance to put your adivce to use. Thank you sir!
    Last edited by Fatman2006; 01-18-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    06 Srt10 Coupe, 09 Smart Car Brabus

    V10 Time®

  13. #38
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    SilverACR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    Maybe you can procure a used set from someone like X2 builders who salvage vipers. I would think that part isn’t in the highest demand from a viper salvage. I could be wrong though...
    2010 ACR absolutely stock

  14. #39
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Vprbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,772
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Funny.......... and AZ /CA gets sooooooo much rain !

    NAPA has generics for $18 ea. Why replace psgr blade? They dont need to see clearly....
    I emailed Jon and wipers showed up at my house 2 days later.

    I've known some people here who take them off and only put them on during monsoon season to keep them out of the UV. I'm not sure how much time that buys you though, I'll have to ask them.

    I've found a good coat of rain-X and you don't rally need the wipers too much.

    And to be fair, in a few years we might all have to be "hacking" our windshield wipers because it will be the only way to have any, given how few of our parts there are floating around anyway
    Last edited by Vprbite; 01-19-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    2002 Red Viper GTS...At the Great Racetrack in the Sky
    2006 Red Viper Coupe...Belangers and Corsa
    2004 Black Ram QC Hemi on 35's /Ossur Re-Flex foot & Custom Carbon Fiber Socket

  15. #40
    Enthusiast Wizness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    League City TX
    Posts
    31
    The blades are huge piles of crap. When I replaced them within a year or so I would need new ones and I would never even use them. They blades always came off/unglued. Don't miss buying blades at all.
    2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe- Corsa track exhaust, K&N intake, B&M shifter
    2012 F-250 6.7
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Vert- SOLD

  16. #41
    I think part of the issue is the speeds, vipers can go. I have seen wipers off the windows of other sports cars at 140-150 MPH, the road conditions sunny and dry I do not drive 150 in the rain. I have not had the viper to high speeds yet, but the low profile should help keep them in contact with windscreen. Other manufactures just make the spring that holds the wiper to the window so strong the blades drag and skip when the rain is light. I also not like paying Mopar $100 for a set of blade. If someone comes up with better solution you should market it!

  17. #42
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Carolinas
    Whozaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    36
    this thread has opened my eyes to an insane cost for such a insignificant part. hmm... when income taxes come in I might stock up on some windsheild wipers haha
    2006 SRT-10 Coupe Red/White


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •