Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i have added this sub according to vipermann and was not impressed with the results. i dont think changing the phase of the woofer does anything in this case. With the port installed there is a of of enclosure vibration. I then removed the port and plugged the hole, better but the enclosure still vibrated horribly, after all it is not very rigid. Next i covered the enclosure in dynamat and wow what a difference, eliminate the vibration and the sub sounds 100x better. If you add any sub to this enclosure you have to Dynamat the whole enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by 10 green View Post
    i have added this sub according to vipermann and was not impressed with the results. i dont think changing the phase of the woofer does anything in this case. With the port installed there is a of of enclosure vibration. I then removed the port and plugged the hole, better but the enclosure still vibrated horribly, after all it is not very rigid. Next i covered the enclosure in dynamat and wow what a difference, eliminate the vibration and the sub sounds 100x better. If you add any sub to this enclosure you have to Dynamite the whole enclosure

Just saw this. The phase change helped mine, but have to agree that Dynamat also helps.
    Last edited by Vipermann; 12-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.

I use the CD Player as a running clock to time the warmup from a cold start. Almost always it's Robin Trower.
    After that the Belanger stereo kicks in.
    '08 Very Viper Orange SRT-10 Coupe | The Orange Lure | Porsche Mid-Engine Cayman Gonna Be

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Oregon/SW Washington

You guys are over thinking this. Unless you are going to go full blown with a fully upgraded sound system, just throw an amplified bazooka tube in the back and be done with it. They have their own bass adjustment and add the perfect amount of bass. You can leave the stock system in place (unless you want to change the head unit).

Quote Originally Posted by 06SRTCoupe View Post
    You guys are over thinking this. Unless you are going to go full blown with a fully upgraded sound system, just throw an amplified bazooka tube in the back and be done with it. They have their own bass adjustment and add the perfect amount of bass. You can leave the stock system in place (unless you want to change the head unit).
    Doesn't work on a vert.
    2005 Yellow SRT-10 Vert | Corsa Cat-Back | RT Hi-Flow Cats | SCT Tuner | 08+ Hood | Forgestar F14 w/ Michelin PSS | Eibach Springs | MGW Short Shifter
    SOLD: 2003 Black SRT-10 Vert

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Oregon/SW Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Creatre View Post
    Doesn't work on a vert.
    I'll bet if you snugged that Bazooka Tube right behind the front seats and where the top folds, you would hear it just fine.

If not, the only real effective way, is to install an aftermarket sub in place of the stock one. It would have to be a custom box built with at least an 8 inch sub installed. Yes, you read that right...8 inch. The hole would have to be cut bigger but would be worth it and pretty easy to do. The stock box is junk and should not be used for anything other than the stock sub. Any good stereo shop can do all of this work in a day.
    Last edited by 06SRTCoupe; 12-07-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Guys, I have a Gen 3 Vert with 100% stock sound system.

The factory sub is blown and rattles even with the bass turned all the way down. Can I simply replace this with the kicker or memphis unit to eliminate the awful rattle?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking to add a bunch of bass over the factory unit, I just want to get rid of the obnoxious rattle. I would actually just replace it with another factory sub to keep things simple, but the part is discontinued.

So whats the most simple, easiest route? I don't have an issue lining the factory box with dynamat and spray foam but really don't want to get into modifying much beyond that. And what would be involved with sealing the stock port, if that's what is needed to eliminate rattling?

Thanks
    Last edited by ck9887; 12-17-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ck9887 View Post
    Guys, I have a Gen 3 Vert with 100% stock sound system.

The factory sub is blown and rattles even with the bass turned all the way down. Can I simply replace this with the kicker or memphis unit to eliminate the awful rattle?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking to add a bunch of bass over the factory unit, I just want to get rid of the obnoxious rattle. I would actually just replace it with another factory sub to keep things simple, but the part is discontinued.

So whats the most simple, easiest route? I don't have an issue lining the factory box with dynamat and spray foam but really don't want to get into modifying much beyond that. And what would be involved with sealing the stock port, if that's what is needed to eliminate rattling?

Thanks
    The rattle is just the port tube that has becoming dislodged. Just take out the sub box and secure the port tube with some polyfill or something and put it back in and I bet it'll be fine. I would not recommend going through the effort to put in an aftermarket sub, I have not been impressed with mine.
    2005 Yellow SRT-10 Vert | Corsa Cat-Back | RT Hi-Flow Cats | SCT Tuner | 08+ Hood | Forgestar F14 w/ Michelin PSS | Eibach Springs | MGW Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Creatre View Post
    The rattle is just the port tube that has becoming dislodged. Just take out the sub box and secure the port tube with some polyfill or something and put it back in and I bet it'll be fine. I would not recommend going through the effort to put in an aftermarket sub, I have not been impressed with mine.
    Thanks! I will give that a shot this weekend. Might add some dynamat to the stock setup for extra measure.

Question.. if you have a coupe and throw a 10” sub in the back could you just replace the 6.5” sub for a speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Wd40 View Post
    Question.. if you have a coupe and throw a 10” sub in the back could you just replace the 6.5” sub for a speaker?
    Yes, if you have an aftermarket setup that can send that speaker full range rather than just low-range signal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12