Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB - Supercharged Gen 3 Viper

Hey there everyone,

Having test driven a supercharged model at the weekend, I'm pretty much sold on the idea that it's the car for me. Sooooo, here's my criteria:

• Year: 2006
    • Body: Coupe
    • Colour: Hmmmm no preference really

If I'm not posting this wanted advert in the correct place, just let me know. Otherwise... show me what you've got!

Many thanks...
    Last edited by J-Viper; 02-27-2018 at 02:46 AM.

You might be waiting a while on a gen 4 one, there’s only two on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Redx View Post
    You might be waiting a while on a gen 4 one, there’s only two on the planet.
    In that case, consider my search for a Gen 3

Not sure what your budget is but this car looks phenomenal:

http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle...tx-id-22125884

They also have a couple supercharged other ones there. And there are a couple others on ebay right now that are supercharged.
    2005 Yellow SRT-10 Vert | Borla Cat-Back | SCT Tuner | 08+ Hood | Forgestar F14 w/ Michelin PSS | Eibach Springs | MGW Short Shifter
    SOLD: 2003 Black SRT-10 Vert

Thanks for the reply... I did actually get involved in the bidding on that one a couple of weeks ago, but that's above my budget as it currently sits. Great looking motor for sure and seems to be well built, too.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    I know of a 2004 with a Paxton that might sell for $46k. What is your budget?
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Gotta love the boost. I went looking for a Gen 4, but when I saw a Gen 3 coupe with a 522 / Paxton combo, that is the one I drove home. Love it! All the best in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    I know of a 2004 with a Paxton that might sell for $46k. What is your budget?
    Considering I need to factor in shipping and import fees, my budget is $42k. By all means PM across additional details on this '04 model... what colour and body shape is it by the way? Just about to update my first post with some additional criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen3CoupeTX View Post
    Gotta love the boost. I went looking for a Gen 4, but when I saw a Gen 3 coupe with a 522 / Paxton combo, that is the one I drove home. Love it! All the best in your search.
    Thanks for that, any and all tips appreciated... I don't want to end up with a lemon!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Viper View Post
    Hey there everyone,

Having test driven a supercharged model at the weekend, I'm pretty much sold on the idea that it's the car for me. Sooooo, here's my criteria:

• Year: 2003 - 2006
    • Body: Coupe
    • Colour: Hmmmm no preference really

If I'm not posting this wanted advert in the correct place, just let me know. Otherwise... show me what you've got!

Many thanks...
    Gen 3 coupe limits you to a 2006?
    They only made converts 2003 and 04
    2001 GTS Sapphire Blue/Silver Stripes
    2004 SRT Red

Considering I need to factor in shipping and import fees, my budget is $42k. By all means PM across additional details on this '04 model... what colour and body shape is it by the way? Just about to update my first post with some additional criteria.

Thanks for that, any and all tips appreciated... I don't want to end up with a lemon!
    I think finding a supercharged for $42k will be tough. If you are looking for a supercharged coupe, the coupes sell for more than that stock so that’ll be even tougher. I think $45k is a reasonable budget to find a great car though if you can stretch it.
    2005 Yellow SRT-10 Vert | Borla Cat-Back | SCT Tuner | 08+ Hood | Forgestar F14 w/ Michelin PSS | Eibach Springs | MGW Short Shifter
    SOLD: 2003 Black SRT-10 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by kblake905 View Post
    Gen 3 coupe limits you to a 2006?
    They only made converts 2003 and 04
    Thanks, I'm still going through a learning curve at the moment when it comes to Vipers, but I should know better considering I put the following table together, with the help of others:

Capture.PNG

I'll amend the first post again

Quote Originally Posted by Creatre View Post
    I think finding a supercharged for $42k will be tough. If you are looking for a supercharged coupe, the coupes sell for more than that stock so that’ll be even tougher. I think $45k is a reasonable budget to find a great car though if you can stretch it.
    To be honest, my budget is higher than that, but due to shipping and import costs coming in North of $16,500 it becomes a negative game changer unfortunately.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    You can probably get a Gen 1 SC for about $42K. I have a Roe on my 99, I wouldn't take less than $55K. There are deals, but they are usually accompanied by problems.

A long shot I realise, but do any of you have contacts in Miami?

I'm currently in discussions over a particular car in this area, but obviously the distance is an issue for me to give it a once over.

I'm conducting a CarFax check, but understandably a pair of eyes also offer some reassurance.

Any and all help would be much appreciated

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee

Thank you very much for the rapid response; just checked and he's around 20 minutes from the motor!

Again just a quick thanks; spoke to Doug this evening (UK time) and he was incredibly helpful. Viewing currently being arranged.

Should all play out okay, I just need to work out how the transfer of funds would work... there's a massive amount of trust involved on my part obviously!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Just FYI that car has been for sale for a LONG time. I inquired on buying the HREs from him when he first listed the car for sale. If I had to guess, I’d say it’s been about 1 year. That may help in your negotiations... or it may be a sign as to the condition of the car. Ultimately, Doug Levin is great and will give you an honest opinion of the car so you can make a well informed decision.
    Ryan - ‘14 Stryker Green & '16 ACR-E (FOR SALE)
    Past - '14 Anodized Carbon, '14 TA, Orange '03 Paxton vert w/coupe rear, Black '06 coupe w/SSG accents

Thanks, Ryan, appreciate the heads-up.

I'll see what Doug's verdict is when he checks out the car and go from there.

Many thanks...

VOA Member
    since 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, Ryan, appreciate the heads-up.

I'll see what Doug's verdict is when he checks out the car and go from there.

Many thanks...
    I've just seen this thread, are you in the UK? If so, I guess you test drove the first edition coupe at '28 state' ?

Quote Originally Posted by sonicbloo View Post
    I've just seen this thread, are you in the UK? If so, I guess you test drove the first edition coupe at '28 state' ?
    Hey there,

Yes I'm on the East side of the pond... I've been to view the car you mentioned.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    United Kingdom
    Hey there,

Yes I'm on the East side of the pond... I've been to view the car you mentioned.
    Cool, it would be great to see your car when you get one. Hope the import process is a smooth one.

Much appreciated, thanks for that. I've dropped you a PM as well

VOA Member
    since 2015
    United Kingdom
    Much appreciated, thanks for that. I've dropped you a PM as well
    replied

I have a heads/cam car that I am selling, that will keep up with, if not beat, a supercharged 06 on low boost (under 700whp). My bottom dollar on it is 46K though. It has 22k in mods and all the best stuff (Greg Good heads, LSM cam, Jesel rockers, etc).
    Last edited by 06SRTCoupe; 03-06-2018 at 08:04 AM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by 06SRTCoupe View Post
    I have a heads/cam car that I am selling, that will keep up with, if not beat, a supercharged 06 on low boost (under 700whp). My bottom dollar on it is 46K though. It has 22k in mods and all the best stuff (Greg Good heads, LSM cam, Jesel rockers, etc).
    ^^^^One of the cleanest and fastest H/C cars around^^^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast