Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the upgraded sounds system optoins is worth every penny

ive switched from spotify to apple music streaming on bluetooth and it seems the resoluton of the system now just jumps out.. its suprisingly fantastic! never thought id be commenting on a viper sound system.. but there you have it. job well done SRT!
    Last edited by SRT_BluByU; 03-07-2018 at 06:35 PM. Reason: all kind of quick typing errors fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    ive switched from spotify to apple music streaming on bluetooth and it seems the resoluton of the system now jsut jumps out.. its suprisingly fantastic! never thought id ben commening on a viper sound system.. but there you have. job well done SRT!
    It really is pretty awesome, a lot of people think I have an aftermarket system.

Enthusiast
    the 18-speaker/900w system is nuts. I fucking love it.
    https://www.harmankardon.com/viper-srt.html

Although sometimes I feel the bass is too much, im on -4 from the middle. LOL
    I play music directly from Iphone or ipod. IMO streaming (bluetooth) music will never have the same quality as a wired setup.

I would just like to add the upper door speakers. Mine has the blanks. Are these available? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashcorn View Post
    I would just like to add the upper door speakers. Mine has the blanks. Are these available? thanks
    You’ll never find the replacement screened speaker grills to replace the blanks. I spent months trying to source them no luck.

ya cant order them? maybe a wrecked or flood car? heck id do the whole thing.. its really that good.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Western Reserve
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    You’ll never find the replacement screened speaker grills to replace the blanks. I spent months trying to source them no luck.
    I’m in the same boat. Spent most of the winter looking and have reached out to all of the usual suspects (new and “junk” yards) and found nothing. Seems all of the upgrade kits were gone looong ago!
    2014 GTS - VE BBK / VE DSC TracTive / Arrow PCM / ARH Exhaust / DSE Catch Cans
    1999 ACR - (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_BluByU View Post
    ya cant order them? maybe a wrecked or flood car? heck id do the whole thing.. its really that good.
    I did the upgrade on my first 3 speaker ACRE to the 18 speakers and that was the only part that could not be sourced. They have no part number. They are not orderable. And not only did I search for months but Mark from Woodhouse AND Jon B couldn’t source them. The only option was to try to find a pair of doors from a wreck that had the 18 speakers and buy them both. Junk guys don’t want to part out the doors. Kind of expensive for two speaker grills. I ended up making my own from the default blanks.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Western Reserve
    I did the upgrade on my first 3 speaker ACRE to the 18 speakers and that was the only part that could not be sourced. They have no part number. They are not orderable. And not only did I search for months but Mark from Woodhouse AND Jon B couldn’t source them. The only option was to try to find a pair of doors from a wreck that had the 18 speakers and buy them both. Junk guys don’t want to part out the doors. Kind of expensive for two speaker grills. I ended up making my own from the default blanks.
    ViperJon - Did you buy bulk grille material and shape them off of the blank or modify the existing blanks? I was looking into bulk material but figured I would screw that up royally!
    1999 ACR - (Sold)

yeah.. i've been looking for 6 months with no results. Mopar says they are back ordered.. this was 12 months ago! I bet the speakers can be bought from Harman/Karman, the speaker grills are the hard find.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsch View Post
    ViperJon - Did you buy bulk grille material and shape them off of the blank or modify the existing blanks? I was looking into bulk material but figured I would screw that up royally!
    I used the blanks. https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...l=1#post259706

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Western Reserve
    Thanks for the link - nice DIY!!
    1999 ACR - (Sold)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Houston

bluetooth is a horrid source for music, play through USB/SD if you can
    2013 RaceYellow/Black GTS Laguna
    2015 Mustang GT Premium Perf Pack

i did notice any improvment doing that... but not enough to ustifynthe inconvience. ;p

Why even use the blanks? Buy the speakers and make the grill..

That speaker upgrade kit that’s now impossible to find was even cheap! It somehow made it past the Viper markup team, was extremely reasonable, and even came with a couple spare speakers if you started with the 12 speaker setup. I’m very glad I did it on my TA before it disappeared.

I did the upgrade kit on my TA as well and the bass is now out of control. I usually have it on -5 or so, but it sounds AMAZING once you get the balance right.
    2014 Viper TA - Black # 27, Sold
    08 ISF - headers/exhaust/tune - 12.06@118.81mph, 1.89 60'

What speakers are needed from a 13 model with 9 speakers?

I was so surprised by this system. Everyone thinks I have aftermarket subs lol
    2014 Anodized Carbon Edition GTS #3 of 35 Built
    DSC Tractive - IForged - Belanger - Arrow
    Previous Snakes: 06 Coupe SC - 99 White GTS SC - 97 B/W GTS

Why even use the blanks? Buy the speakers and make the grill..
    Not that easy. The blanks have the tabs to hold itself in place, you’d have to replicate that. You can’t just glue a piece of grill in there as nothing would hold it in. Using the blanks and if done neatly you can’t tell it from OEM unless you had a car to compare it to side by side.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    the 18-speaker/900w system is nuts. I fucking love it.
    https://www.harmankardon.com/viper-srt.html
    I bet the speakers can be bought from Harman/Karman,
    Given the information in the above link, saying that the speakers are "GreenEdge" high efficiency, it appears that the speakers are JBL models. ( JBL is in the Harman company group & also uses the GreenEdge trademark in its advertising)
    Last edited by AZTVR; 03-08-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Jim

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Sound system on my 17 is superior to 488 and Lambo
    17 GTS-R, 92 Viper, (Lutz VIN 00002) , 06 Heritage Ford GT, 19 Ferrari 488 Pista,
    15 Lamborghini Aventador, 18 Ford GT

Agree that the bass is super heavy. i have mine cranked all the way down.
    2017 Viper GTC 1 of 1
    2002 Viper RT/10
    1996 Viper GTS

im looking to upgrade from 12 to 18. is this still available? dealer install?? couldn't get it when got car from woodhouse as Mark said parts weren't available.
    2017 TA/ACR #6/10. (sold 15 TA 2.0 yorange)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Ontario
    You know...I don't mind the 3-speaker...
    Want a mod that makes your car faster? Fix the nut behind the wheel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast