Thread: GTS Wanted

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

GTS Wanted

Hey all, I'm going to try a more direct approach. Gonna see a little more of whats out there and get a scope on whats for sale. I'm in the market for a GTS. Right now I want to keep it 96-99 because I'm considering S/C in the future but not initially. I'm not looking for a collector, I'm looking for a driver but something that has been well cared for mileage can be "high" not really looking to purchase with over 100K but 80K and below are strong contenders. ACR typically sell a little to much out of my price range but depending on your price I may consider. Mods are okay, nothing crazy not looking for a tracker. I'm of course VERY interested in the 96-97 B/W but am open minded. You can PM me here so we can set up a phone call and in that event I will have many questions for you regarding condition and care of your vehicle.
    Last edited by JimJoeBob; 03-13-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Enthusiast
    Updating. Budget of around 40K. Will come and purchase your car around the middle of April.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    NY/CT
    Matt-
    2002 GTS - Graphite Metallic with Silver Stripes

Holy shamoly the hood gaps on that last one are HUGE!
    Roe powered GTS

Enthusiast
    I didn't see that 97 with the white stripe kit. He's damn close to me so I may give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJoeBob View Post
    I didn't see that 97 with the white stripe kit. He's damn close to me so I may give him a call.
    In the pics it looks pretty nice.
    Body gaps look pretty good.
    White stripes and chrome badging added.

The only obvious thing I would question is the tires if they are original tires off a 2000.
    If they are they are probably hard as a rock, and kinda dangerous with "spirited" driving.

I put a set like that (original 1999 5 spoke wheels and tires like those) on my car while I was sending the ACR wheels out to be polished and it was scary to drive.
    The tires were hard as a rock and the car felt like I was driving on icy roads.
    1999 Black w Silver Stripes GTS/ACR

Enthusiast
    That 96' is actually one I took a ton of interest in. However I called the guy and he didn't know to much about his own cat. Also I think the left side valve covers paint is bubbling. And the said part is he's 14 hours away from me so that's a big thing cause I'd hate to make that trip and find flaws to which that one has.
    Last edited by JimJoeBob; 03-14-2018 at 04:08 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    North Texas

Hood gap is scary ....

Enthusiast
    I do like that 97. I'm thinking to get tthe help of someone near that 96 to check it out and if it clocks in maybe make a pitch. Anywhere to run the VIN to cheeck the 998 recall?

^^^^^^^^^^^ Picture is worth a thousand words on that. Atleast then youll see it was done and done correctly.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatithunder View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ Picture is worth a thousand words on that. Atleast then youll see it was done and done correctly.
    Downfall is I'm not 100% sure how to identify if it was installed correctly

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Downfall is I'm not 100% sure how to identify if it was installed correctly
    If you want a no storied, near perfect car, call Robert:

https://driveviper.com/classifieds/g...plus-mods.html
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

All 3 of those look like total junk to me.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    If you want a no storied, near perfect car, call Robert:

https://driveviper.com/classifieds/g...plus-mods.html

very good advice. Marv Rose has some clean cars. That is a nice clean original example there.

what you want to look for is a clean, nice, straight, original paint, STOCK , no BS car. this will yield you the best ownership experience.
    Last edited by Taximan1; 03-15-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Enthusiast
    While I agree the all have some issues I wouldn't say they're all total junk. I've definitely seen worse examples for sale at higher prices.

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Western Canada
    Keep looking and you'll find the car of your dreams. The search can last for a while, but will be worth it in the end.
    2001 GTS ACR Yellow with black stripes. Heads By JM, ported and polished, 2.02"& 1.6" Valves. Custom Comp Cam. JMB intake, M&M headers 3"SS + cat delete. AKA Minion. My neighbors hate me...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianACR View Post
    Keep looking and you'll find the car of your dreams. The search can last for a while, but will be worth it in the end.
    I appreciate the thought. I got quite a few gentlemen on the line so we may or may not see a deal soon.

Enthusiast
    Popping this one back up to the top. Red GTS are now seriously in the scope after seeing one in person again.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Crossroads of America
    Popping this one back up to the top. Red GTS are now seriously in the scope after seeing one in person again.
    Beautiful red 97 GTS on ebay now only 9hrs left on auction. 22,000 miles priced at $39,700
    Last edited by 1BADV10; 03-30-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    1968 Plymouth GTX 440 super commando, auto, a/c
    1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 magnum, 4-speed
    1997 Dodge Viper RT/10 smooth tubes, borla exhaust (1 of 64 in red, 117 total in 1997)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADV10 View Post
    Beautiful red 97 GTS on ebay now only 9hrs left on auction. 22,000 miles priced at $39,700
    I tried hard to get ahold of that company. After days of calling with no answer, leaving messages, emailing, finding and messaging their Facebook and receiving ZERO answers I'm thinking they're a bit sketchy. Their website is wacky too.