Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Houston

been using it over a year no issues. Have you tried to warranty it at walmart? Probably dont have the receipt but they will use the date sticker on the battery
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 02-26-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    2013 RaceYellow/Black GTS Laguna
    2015 Mustang GT Premium Perf Pack

Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    been using it over a year no issues. Have you tried to warranty it at walmart? Probably dont have the receipt but they will use the date sticker on the battery
    I'm not sure I will even bother. I guess three years for this Everstart is normal for them. I'm wanting to find something will better life.
    14' GTS - SRT Hood/Laguna and Carbon interior/Carbon Aero/18 Speaker/Hyper Sidewinders.

I know this is an old thread but my 13' battery seems like it needs to be replaced, it seems like when I go out of town for 3/4 days & when I get back the battery is dead! I haven't checked it yet but does that seem about right for the life of a 6 year battery even though my car only has 3k miles on it! Thanks
    13' SRT Viper, 00' RT/10 Viper, 18' LS500 Lexus, 15' RCF Lexus, 08' H2 Hummer

Unless you keep them on a tender all the time, and/or in hibernation mode, it doesn't take long for a battery on these cars to die if it isn't driven. Since my car can sit for weeks at a time, I use both (tender and hibernation) every time I put it in the garage. Not just in winter, but all the time.
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    Unless you keep them on a tender all the time, and/or in hibernation mode, it doesn't take long for a battery on these cars to die if it isn't driven. Since my car can sit for weeks at a time, I use both (tender and hibernation) every time I put it in the garage. Not just in winter, but all the time.
    I have had mine sit 6 months in hibernate mode, started right up when I was ready...
    Jon
    2013 Viper GTS w/Track Pack --- 2018 Tesla P3D+ --- 2001 S2000 --- 2013 Limited F-150 --- 2013 Polaris Pro-R --- 2009 XR1200 --- 2018 Grom --- 1991 Honda Beat

Quote Originally Posted by Topplayer View Post
    I have had mine sit 6 months in hibernate mode, started right up when I was ready...
    I did that as well, usually works, but one VERY cold day a couple years back, after it had been sitting for 2 months, it took 4 tries! Since then, I've always used a tender, and never had an issue since. Knock wood!
    2013 Dodge Viper SRT Track Pack Adrenaline Red
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7L 4x4 Blue Streak Pearl

VOA Member
    since 2018
    VA/MD/DC/DE
    with my schedule I can only drive mine on Mondays, weather permitting. If it sits 3 weeks it will start, that's the max. if it sits 4 weeks then I have to give it a little jump.
    Viper

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Once again I will say that I am very happy having nearly completed switching our Vipers over to the Interstate MTZ series of AGM batteries...noting that these all are street driven Vipers....
    no leaks, 4 year full return warranty, possible projected life of 8-12 years, and a much longer time between charging for Vipers not in hibernation mode or hooked to battery tenders. This is especially beneficial with Vipers having the battery behind the left rear wheel !!
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Hello, im about to buy a battery for a gen 5. the vent hose was my concern. What model # was the battery you purchased ?
    I guess im the only gen 5 owner that is not aware how to put the car in hibernation mode.
    Can someone enlighten me ? My key fobs went dead under warranty then again recently.
    After a drive one of them came back to life. Then dead again the next day try. Hoping a new battery will keep key fob alive.
    Any suggestions on actions to keep key fobs alive ? aftermarket key fob options ?
    im leaning towards the interstate battery for the company & warranty. Thanks
    Last edited by 14gen5; 12-25-2019 at 05:15 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    14gen5, as noted mid thread, for our 2014 GTS I settled on an Interstate MTZ-48/H6. This battery appears off size...until you mount it...noting that I angled it a couple ofi.v degrees off of midline just to be sure that the cables were not under tension. I have been very with this setup.

A couple of months ago, I helped a friend remove his chronically failing OEM V4 battery that came in his ACR E. Of course, I had already purchased the necessary brackets
    to convert this "E" to a GTS style battery. It went very well.
    These AGM batteries have a great warranty and a projected long service life. If you need more info, call me.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    My battery was replaced once under warranty.
    I prefer the agm. I wish it was same size / exact fit.
    Is the Interstate MTZ-48/H6 the only agm option for interstate ?
    Where is your # posted ? A battery should not be this challenging lol. Just want to get it right.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    The MTZ series has a 4 year full return warranty. They do have a 3 year AGM for a little less money. 317 402 9013

Can anyone tell me if this battery tender will work on this battery?

B7917EE2-514F-4787-9439-186A8D270E2B.jpg

7F698CE8-3E27-4E78-A091-EB9FF6ADD089.jpg

I would assume that most battery maintainers would be universally compatible. On my 14 Gts i use the Battery Tender made by Deltran and connect the clamps to the positive and negative terminal. The car started up fine in 6 months of inactivity.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    ^^^ Deltran Battery Tender is the gold standard for maintainers. But agree that most should work.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this battery tender will work on this battery?
    Although your photo does not provide the full model # or a good view of the battery construction; I will guess that it is probably model MTP-90/T5 from what I see. MTP-90/T5 is a flooded, lead acid, non-AGM battery, and the battery charger photo indicates that it works on 12V lead acid batteries.
    Jim

Personally, I prefer Schumacher because of it's racing heritage.

https://s3-prod.autoweek.com/styles/...eway-1969b.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Although your photo does not provide the full model # or a good view of the battery construction; I will guess that it is probably model MTP-90/T5 from what I see. MTP-90/T5 is a flooded, lead acid, non-AGM battery, and the battery charger photo indicates that it works on 12V lead acid batteries.
    Thank you!

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    Just got the Everstart Maxx T5 last week. Bolted up just fine even has the hole for the vent. Not a fan of shopping at Walmart but it has 3 yr replacement + 2 yr prorated warranty.
    2014 GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    To each their own...BUT, in my opinion and experience, there is no place for a flooded lead-acid battery in any car that is driven in a "spirited fashion". They leak acid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    To each their own...BUT, in my opinion and experience, there is no place for a flooded lead-acid battery in any car that is driven in a "spirited fashion". They leak acid.
    Just bought the car from dealership and that’s the battery they installed.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    I understand. Just keep an eye on it, watch for corrosion around terminals and under battery. The good news...it is quite easy to access the battery on Gen V's.

ENJOY your new ride !!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    I understand. Just keep an eye on it, watch for corrosion around terminals and under battery. The good news...it is quite easy to access the battery on Gen V's.

ENJOY your new ride !!
    Thanks for the info!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Houston

Not a Gen 5, but I've liked the Odyssey Extreme (AGM) that I put in my Gen 3 and the other two vehicles in my garage. It's akin to the one Steve-Indy recommends, and I'm positive Interstate makes good stuff. But like Steve said, the only downside is that it's heavy. I don't track mine, and the Paxton supercharger more than makes up for the weight gain. Enjoy those Vipers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123