Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Engine mount question

    I finally was able to get my old mounts out and when going to install my new (rubber) mounts I could only get the bolts to line up in the lower holes of the metal bracket attached to the engine. Both mounts smoothly went into place on both sides but the factory mounts went in the upper hole and the bump went into the lower hole. My new mounts don't have a bump in them either.

    Any suggestions or are things good to go since they went in? I was worried that by the bolts going in the lower holes it would make the engine sit lower.

    If it matters, I'm using the stock style replacements from rock auto.

  2. #2
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    99RT10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Armpit of the US
    Posts
    2,466
    Prepare for a flaming. Getting stuff at Rockauto is like getting tools at Harbor Freight. Good luck.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

  3. #3
    Shoot, they were the mounts that people were recommending on another viper site for those not wanting poly mounts :-(

    Should I be getting different mounts? I really don't want poly unless I have to for which I could get the polybushing.com ones.

  4. #4
    VOA Member
    since 2015
    Western Reserve

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by 98RedGTS View Post
    Shoot, they were the mounts that people were recommending on another viper site for those not wanting poly mounts :-(

    Should I be getting different mounts? I really don't want poly unless I have to for which I could get the polybushing.com ones.
    Chuck Tator has the OEM Mopar mounts in stock.

  5. #5
    Well, heck. I'm just going to bite the bullet and grab some poly mounts and put them in. Thought I was doing good by getting these mounts but if they aren't up to par and I'm going to be spending more than $100 I'll just grab some ploy ones and be done with it.

  6. #6
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Fatboy 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South of London, Surrey
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by 98RedGTS View Post
    Well, heck. I'm just going to bite the bullet and grab some poly mounts and put them in. Thought I was doing good by getting these mounts but if they aren't up to par and I'm going to be spending more than $100 I'll just grab some ploy ones and be done with it.
    If you do the polly mounts make sure you extend the heat shields to almost touch the frame. I didn't and one of mine has burnt in half with stock headers.

    When I fitted polly mounts on my friends car I extended the sides cutting a cardboard template then folding and riveting extended shielding.

    Woodhouse performance Engine mounts and extended heat shields by Fatboy 18, on Flickr

  7. #7
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Fatboy 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South of London, Surrey
    Posts
    5,478

  8. #8
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    LifeIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Viper Drive, AZ
    Posts
    580
    Mark...did Woodhouse ever contact you about this?
    2001 VRY RT/10

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    I would start with Mark Jorgensen. I had not read about any problems with the Woodhouse mounts. Please keep us updated.

  10. #10
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    99RT10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Armpit of the US
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by lmn View Post
    I would start with Mark Jorgensen. I had not read about any problems with the Woodhouse mounts. Please keep us updated.
    The Woodhouse mounts are melting, melting.................
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

  11. #11
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Fatboy 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South of London, Surrey
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
    Mark...did Woodhouse ever contact you about this?
    Hi Ken, no they did not!

    I found the Woodhouse Motorsports web page Yesterday and I telephoned the contact number, Mark Jorgensen answered the phone, telling me he has nothing more to do with that part of the company and now works for Bentley! (So their computer tec guys need to update there web page with the correct contact number)

    He told me that I need to contact 'PartsRack' as they are now the people who have taken over the marketing of the Polly mounts.

    So that's that! Great
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 04-18-2018 at 01:28 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Hi Ken, no they did not!

    I found the Woodhouse Motorsports web page Yesterday and I telephoned the contact number, Mark Jorgensen answered the phone, telling me he has nothing more to do with that part of the company and now works for Bentley! (So their computer tec guys need to update there web page with the correct contact number)

    He told me that I need to contact 'PartsRack' as they are now the people who have taken over the marketing of the Polly mounts.

    So that's that! Great
    Curious to see what John B. will have to say, have you contacted him yet? I am still on the original mounts (as far as I know) and am planning to replace them in the near future. Has anyone had issues with the poly mounts once the heat shields are in place?

  13. #13
    I bought the polybushings.com mounts. I've got some extra HP stickyshield from my side sill project so I can use some of that as well if necessary. Haven't heard anything negative about these mounts except for the added vibrations.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Hi Ken, no they did not!

    I found the Woodhouse Motorsports web page Yesterday and I telephoned the contact number, Mark Jorgensen answered the phone, telling me he has nothing more to do with that part of the company and now works for Bentley! (So their computer tec guys need to update there web page with the correct contact number)

    He told me that I need to contact 'PartsRack' as they are now the people who have taken over the marketing of the Polly mounts.

    So that's that! Great
    Not Partsrack, Viper Parts America.

    I will look at the website and change the contact info sorry about the trouble.

    edit: I have taken the contact button off the main page, I had changed it in the contact page, but overlooked the button, sorry I was a one man show and it was my first website ever learned on the fly. I know that there have been a few mount issues for buyers over the years, but with literally hundreds of sets sold the failure rate was incredibly rare, you only hear about the bad ones not all the great ones...
    Last edited by mjorgensen; 04-18-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Mark Jorgensen

    .

  15. #15
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Fatboy 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South of London, Surrey
    Posts
    5,478
    Hello Mark,
    While I agree you may not hear about the good ones, I will say it again, these cars are mainly toys so high mileage is not really a factor, it seems to me these issues seem more to be from Heat?

    My motor mounts were supplied to me via Nadine who bought them back to the UK who was visiting Woodhouse a while ago It was about the same time I was fitting the Brake fluid recycle system.
    I don't remember buying them from JonB?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Hello Mark,
    While I agree you may not hear about the good ones, I will say it again, these cars are mainly toys so high mileage is not really a factor, it seems to me these issues seem more to be from Heat?

    My motor mounts were supplied to me via Nadine who bought them back to the UK who was visiting Woodhouse a while ago It was about the same time I was fitting the Brake fluid recycle system.
    I don't remember buying them from JonB?
    posted in other thread:
    Woodhouse has not "owned" these mounts since about 2010 so any quality changes that may have come (doubtful) since then have nothing to do with Woodhouse. The name on them was retained in the purchase that was it. FWIW

    Also Viper Parts America is the only distributor/supplier.

    I have not seen Nadine for many many years so not sure if she bought from Woodhouse or Bob's old race team "Woodhouse Performance" I would assume the later. Heat can ruin everything, I suggest you contact VPA with your concern though so they are aware.
    Mark Jorgensen

    .

  17. #17
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    99RT10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Armpit of the US
    Posts
    2,466
    How is Nadine doing? Have not heard from her in a long time.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

  18. #18
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    United Kingdom
    Fatboy 18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South of London, Surrey
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    How is Nadine doing? Have not heard from her in a long time.
    I have not Seen Nadine for ages, Think she is playing with F1 Historic cars now.

    I did see her last year at the Silverstone Classic, she was driving the Oreca 92 car owned by Florent Moulin. I know the Oreca car was up for sale, but no idea if it sold? We spoke briefly but she is always very busy at those events.

  19. #19
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorgensen View Post
    Not Partsrack, Viper Parts America....
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorgensen View Post

    Also Viper Parts America is the only distributor/supplier.

    I have not seen Nadine for many many years so not sure if she bought from Woodhouse or Bob's old race team "Woodhouse Performance" I would assume the later. Heat can ruin everything, I suggest you contact VPA with your concern though so they are aware.
    Mark, Are you referring to Viper Parts Rack America since VPA doesn't exist anymore; or, perhaps you meant to refer to Viper Parts USA ?


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •