Vert trunk release button

Has anyone ever heard of an aftermarket trunk release button kit for the vert? pain in the ass to have to use key or fob to open trunk

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas

I agree, does not make sense! And no cruse control!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iridelow View Post
    And no massage seats! Talk about a POS car.

cant think of another car that requires only the key or fob to open trunk, all cars have a button

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    Cruise control add-on by SnakeOyl works great for those of us that actually drive our Vipers!
    Trunk release button should be simple, can't believe someone hasn't done it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Iridelow View Post
    2009 Vert/Coupe Rear End. Intake/Head/Exhaust. 705 crank/614 Wheels. Custom Red Drivers Stripe. ACR Splitter. KW Shocks. Plastidipped 6 spokes.

trunk button is easy to do. I just don't see a reason. The trunk is the SECURE spot in my vert. I leave the top down a lot. The good shit goes in the trunk. putting in a button for an asshat to find kinda ruins the whole plan. But yes it can be set up easily.
    Flying Solo.

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas

Quote Originally Posted by Getnlwr View Post
    trunk button is easy to do. I just don't see a reason. The trunk is the SECURE spot in my vert. I leave the top down a lot. The good shit goes in the trunk. putting in a button for an asshat to find kinda ruins the whole plan. But yes it can be set up easily.
    Electronic button will not open the truck unless the car is unlocked! So if properly installed, it would still be secure. They have been doing them for gas release doors for years!!!!

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    The trunk doesn't lift by itself. You still have to lift at the same time as pushing the button. (push button, go back lift gate. Still stuck on primary latch.) Button in pass compartment worthless....
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

mine pops and you do not have to lift as you push the putton

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 green View Post
    mine pops and you do not have to lift as you push the button
    If your trunk lid is set up properly, there should be 2 "catches". The first catch is a safety just like your hood has. The second actually locks lid down against the seal.
    When you pop the button, it will release the lock catch. The lift struts don't have enough strength to lift lid past the safety catch. If you don't have to push the button twice, your decklid isn't closing all the way.
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

I don't think that is correct. Mine doesn't require the button being pressed twice. I've checked the mechanism as well. It seems to be working as it should.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    My 04 and 06, I adjusted the rubber trunk bump stops up a little bit and now when I press the fob trunk release it will pop open just enough to no longer be latched.

For locked keys and fob in trunk, the easiest solution is to take an extra fob without a key on it and hide under dash. If worried about battery going dead in fob, stick extra battery in the center console or glove compartment. No wiring or switch needed....

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    That wouldn't work if the keys locked in the trunk and the fob is locked inside the car. Easier to keep a spare key under the hood somewhere because then you could at least open the driver door or the trunk manually, even if the battery is dead or disconnected.