Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    The blade bars are World Challenge Comp Coupe Spec. They found a couple NOS sets. The blades can't be had anywhere now as they were a unique length specific to the Viper and no one currently or wants to make them again.

I am not going to bid on it. I just got my recently acquired Comp Coupe adjusted/customized to my taste, plus after buying the Comp Coupe I don't have the funds either.
    Nice. Eventually i'm going to get some custom adjustable blade style bars for my '13 as well. Hopefully this summer.
    What are the details on your CC??
    2013 9.0 liter track car, 2016 ACR, 96 GTS, 01 RT/10, 03 SRT/10, '16 Megacab, '05 Ford GT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    There's a badass local Comp Coupe here that runs this exact body, but his car is heavy 3300lbs. What does a normal comp coupe run?
    He ran a 2.15 at COTA with it, 800hp, sequential/motec etc.
    2013 9.0 liter track car, 2016 ACR, 96 GTS, 01 RT/10, 03 SRT/10, '16 Megacab, '05 Ford GT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Cobra, the auction posted a thread on the vca. I asked if there was a reserve and he wrote this, "There is a reserve on the Viper, but it is not one that should inhibit much fun. It's very reasonable."

With a $189k asking price I'd bet the reserve is at least $150k, if not more.
    It's $189K on Racing Junk as well. I think he's in for a rude awakening hehe.
    I've never heard of anyone even getting 1/3rd back on a custom built race car.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    There's a badass local Comp Coupe here that runs this exact body, but his car is heavy 3300lbs. What does a normal comp coupe run?
    Rich Marziale?
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    AZ, Dodge shows the dry weight for the original VRL version at 2995. Mine has the world challenge body and an EMCO. When Ross Murray set it up, his notes say mine is 3030 with 10 gallons of fuel (plus all other fluids).

If you dig around the various posts on the McCann built G5, it says that the replacement panels are 500 lbs lighter than stock. You would have to ask Rich if he has all or some of those custom panels.

As for the price, yeah don't think the market will give him $189k, especially since Dodge got out of IMSA. But I could see it selling for $100-$125k. You could go as fast cheaper, but not in a very unique viper. That car is very well built and the equipment is similar to a well built comp coupe. If/when he sells it, I'll bet it goes to a viper owner.
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

AZ, Dodge shows the dry weight for the original VRL version at 2995. Mine has the world challenge body and an EMCO. When Ross Murray set it up, his notes say mine is 3030 with 10 gallons of fuel (plus all other fluids).

If you dig around the various posts on the McCann built G5, it says that the replacement panels are 500 lbs lighter than stock. You would have to ask Rich if he has all or some of those custom panels.

As for the price, yeah don't think the market will give him $189k, especially since Dodge got out of IMSA. But I could see it selling for $100-$125k. You could go as fast cheaper, but not in a very unique viper. That car is very well built and the equipment is similar to a well built comp coupe. If/when he sells it, I'll bet it goes to a viper owner.
    I would really, really, like to pick it up. I've been looking at a few options to free up some funds, but just doesn't seem possible right now.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Northern California

I dont think this would really be any faster than any nicely prepped Gen 5. I dont think the carbon fiber panels saved much weight as my 2013 is a tad under 3000 lbs, and it's not gutted. Most of the viper body is already carbon fiber, isnt it? Hood, roof, decklid etc?
    The cage and craftsmanship is gorgeous though
    According to this:
    The car weighs 2870lbs without driver. Triple adjustable penske dampers.

Also has a sequential shifter. This is faster than a prepped Gen V, even with a 9 liter motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    I would really, really, like to pick it up. I've been looking at a few options to free up some funds, but just doesn't seem possible right now.
    Sell ACR!!! Man that all carbon work is nice AF!
    2015 Viper SRT
    2007 Night Rod Special

Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    According to this:

Also has a sequential shifter. This is faster than a prepped Gen V, even with a 9 liter motor.

I really really really want it.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    I've seen it run in person on multiple occasions. It's badass, A LOT of money was spent to build it.
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E

Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    I've seen it run in person on multiple occasions. It's badass, A LOT of money was spent to build it.
    I can't imagine. I feel like my Gen IV ACR is fast; it has 645rwhp and weighs 3227lbs full of fluids....but this car would blow it out of the water.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Rich Marziale?
    Yeah you know him? We are on the track together a lot recently. I had hear about who he was when I first started hitting the track 3 years ago and he took a break, but has been showing up lately.
    Probably the best Comp Coupe in the world. The one thing I never liked about the CC's was the back end, but his looks just like a badass Gen 5.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    According to this:

My 9 liter weighs 2990, and has at least 150hp and at least 100 ft/lbs more anywhere on the RPM band more than this car. Maybe the sequential could overcome that, who knows.
    Like I said, he built the car for Nasa Great Lakes Region STU/TTU, but I dont see any track records for the car. Maybe he ended up never tracking it? Does anyone have any track times anywhere for this car?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    hehe, me too

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

They just meant that car total is 500 lbs lighter than stock. If the panels were 500 lbs lighter than stock then my '13 would weigh 2490 and it's not even gutted LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Rich Marziale?
    You can check out his Compe Coupe with the Gen 5 panels here if you havent seen it yet- https://www.photoreflect.com/store/T...4&g=1VI6004H1S
    Click "continue" then look for it on that page

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Northern California

My 9 liter weighs 2990, and has at least 150hp and at least 100 ft/lbs more anywhere on the RPM band more than this car. Maybe the sequential could overcome that, who knows.
    Like I said, he built the car for Nasa Great Lakes Region STU/TTU, but I dont see any track records for the car. Maybe he ended up never tracking it? Does anyone have any track times anywhere for this car?
    I just looked at the car again, this is just like your '13 Viper that started as a street car. This is NOT the $460k GT3 car which is what I thought it was.

Thats cool that you have track records and all, but i would love to see some video (some on board video, not a video from another car!). Nothing says bad ass when you got a lap record with a video for ppl to see.

edit: 13Cobra, I thought this was a GT3-R car for sale. lol, nvm.
    Last edited by serpent; 05-16-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    2015 Viper SRT
    2007 Night Rod Special

You can check out his Compe Coupe with the Gen 5 panels here if you havent seen it yet- https://www.photoreflect.com/store/T...4&g=1VI6004H1S
    Click "continue" then look for it on that page
    That is bad ass!! Love that car and it's apparently pretty quick too!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Racingswh View Post
    That is bad ass!! Love that car and it's apparently pretty quick too!!
    He's willing to sell it, it's not on the market, but he asks me all the time. If anyone is interested I'll ask him about it and give your number to him.
    It's a well sorted car he's had it forever and he leaves no expense spared keeping it competitive.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    I just looked at the car again, this is just like your '13 Viper that started as a street car. This is NOT the $460k GT3 car which is what I thought it was.

Thats cool that you have track records and all, but i would love to see some video (some on board video, not a video from another car!). Nothing says bad ass when you got a lap record with a video for ppl to see.

edit: 13Cobra, I thought this was a GT3-R car for sale. lol, nvm.
    Is a GT3 car like the one Ben Keating used to race that won Tire Rack Fastest Track Car in America?
    I've posted several videos of my Nasa track records. I've got 7 now

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    The McCann G5R car is not a Riley GT3-R (although they do own 1 of the GT3-R's). But it's also a lot more than a prepped street car.

Scott Welham has run the car in NASA and NARRA as far as I know.

Arizona, I don't know Rich, but I know of him from running Comp Coupes years ago. I'm also aware of the company that makes the body panels on his car and the McCann G5R. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to make a few changes to his CC to get those body panels to fit. Badass car for sure!!
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    A Riley GT3-R is a whole lot of more money than this car. McCann has one for sale at $300k. As his add says, "This is chassis number 005 Built By SRT/Riley Technologies in Mooresville NC and is one of only 6 complete cars produced." One is in the FCA plant, 1 is owned by a guy who posts on FB all the time. With so few built, they'll always be in the hands of viper enthusiasts, and, always bring big $$$$$'s.

McCann GT5R.jpg
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Southern California
    They just meant that car total is 500 lbs lighter than stock. If the panels were 500 lbs lighter than stock then my '13 would weigh 2490 and it's not even gutted LOL.
    I'm just going by what he wrote in the description, "The carbon body saves more than 500 lbs over the original configuration."

I can tell you this, my CC hood might weigh 1/4 to 1/2 of a G5 hood. I don't think you can't gut a G5, add back in all the cage, air jacks, etc. and get down to his weight??

VOA Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    There were actually 7 GT3-Rs built and all are accounted for. $300k is a steal for what you're getting for C005. The GT3-R won more IMSA GTD races than any other make over the period in which it was competing. Also won 2 European Supercar Championships and some pretty big class wins including at the 2015 24 Hours of Daytona.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    There were actually 7 GT3-Rs built and all are accounted for. $300k is a steal for what you're getting for C005. The GT3-R won more IMSA GTD races than any other make over the period in which it was competing. Also won 2 European Supercar Championships and some pretty big class wins including at the 2015 24 Hours of Daytona.
    Does Chris Mealey now own the Dan Knox/Lone Star GT3-R now? I believe he also owns 2 of Keating's as well as one of the GTS-R's.
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E

VOA Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Yes he owns 1, 3 (LSR car) and 7.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

VOA Member
    since 2018
    New Jersey

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Bid....Wife.Would.Keeeeeel.Me.
    Your friendly neighborhood certified driver coach.
    White TA #7
    ApexObsessed.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast