Out of hibernation

What does everyone use for wax? I'm looking for something better then what I can find at auto zone, Napa, Wal-Mart etc... She's home from winter storage!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see a lot of people using Adam's Polishes. They seem to have a good reputation with the high-end car owners. Some of the stuff is a bit overpriced (like the started car wash bucket, etc).

Try Cana. Easy on-off. Great for show. Lasts until the first rain. It's a silicone based "wax". Covers imperfections well.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    I have been using Griots Garage products for 13 years now. They use to be catalog and online only for a long time until recently when you could pick up SOME of their stuff at Advance Auto Parts. Quality stuff for sure.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    I have been using Griots Garage products for 13 years now. They use to be catalog and online only for a long time until recently when you could pick up SOME of their stuff at Advance Auto Parts. Quality stuff for sure.
    Another vote for Griots. The best thing you can do is get yourself a dual action polisher if you don't already have one.

Ok thanks

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America
    I have a whole mess of Griots garage products which I recommend, but moved to another brand. they are for sale.

Bruce
    2009 ACR GTS Blue with Black stripes (1 of 2)
    MoparGarage.net
    Mopar Knights FB page

There are tons of different products out there...seems like every Tom, Dick, and Harry has their own brand of polishes and whatnot.

These days, I pick products based on reviews about ease of use...needs to go on easy, and come off easy. If it doesn't, there better be a damn good reason why I should pick it over one that is easier to work with.

As also mentioned, if you are doing this stuff by hand, you are going to have a bad time. There are TONS of different polishers available out there too...that craze really took off back when people started using the venerable Porter Cable 7424 to polish cars. Lots of people have been reinventing that mouse trap ever since.

Bottom line: hardly anyone actually makes their own car care chemicals. Figure out who the real manufacturer is, and skip the middleman. Junkman might be a good place to start asking those kinds of questions. Same goes for polishing equipment.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | 11.33 @ 128.72, 1.95 60' (+1,625 ft DA, w/ 3.07s)