Cool 8 cars going to Auction at Mecum

I have to say that the 8 cars going to auction at Mecum look real nice. The SMART sellers did put reserves on them, they didn't give the cars away. It will be interesting to see what the 96 GTS Blue & White will go for? There is no reserve on that one. There are a few people that do what that car. I've seen them go as high as 75k+.

The cars that didn't sell on Tuesday are about as much as there worth.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Was looking at the final bids on the first three. 40K on the first two RT/10's up there and $50K on the 2003 Hennessey 650R. Never been a big fan of the Hennessey versions, but interesting to see the values. These are all real low mileage cars.... Mine will never be in there.
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Indiana/Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by viperman4125 View Post
    I have to say that the 8 cars going to auction at Mecum look real nice. The SMART sellers did put reserves on them, they didn't give the cars away. It will be interesting to see what the 96 GTS Blue & White will go for? There is no reserve on that one. There are a few people that do what that car. I've seen them go as high as 75k+.

The cars that didn't sell on Tuesday are about as much as there worth.
    '96 B/W went for a comparable price ($59,400) compared to sales of lower mileage '96 B/W GTS in the last 12 months. Throw in the buyer premium and still in the $65K range for the buyer. In today's world 5670 miles is just a a bit high for a collector but certainly no indication of a robust market for one of the "iconic" Gen II Vipers.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by COI View Post
    '96 B/W went for a comparable price ($59,400) compared to sales of lower mileage '96 B/W GTS in the last 12 months. Throw in the buyer premium and still in the $65K range for the buyer. In today's world 5670 miles is just a a bit high for a collector but certainly no indication of a robust market for one of the "iconic" Gen II Vipers.
    What is also telling is what the Seller netted. Probably less $52K by the time he got the car to the auction and paid associated fees for the same. Dealers are Selling 96 B/W’s with similar miles for $59K. A 96 B/W with 20K miles just sold on here for very low $40’s. Seems like they are losing steam.

Car is ~20 yrs old. Wouldn’t expect it to fetch very much (‘96 GTS). I expect it’ll be better in 2038 auction at 40yrs...but not nearly as good as investing in a more intelligent way...

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Indiana/Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRon View Post
    Car is ~20 yrs old. Wouldn’t expect it to fetch very much (‘96 GTS). I expect it’ll be better in 2038 auction at 40yrs...but not nearly as good as investing in a more intelligent way...
    I've personally never met a car collector who refers to their collection as an investment. Most refer to it as a hobby. Some more appropriately refer to it as a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by COI View Post
    I've personally never met a car collector who refers to their collection as an investment. Most refer to it as a hobby. Some more appropriately refer to it as a sickness.
    You must not spend much time in the Gen 5 section lol.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRon View Post
    You must not spend much time in the Gen 5 section lol.
    2016 Venom Black Viper TA