VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario

This is how our cars may be reviewed and appreciated in the future one can hope

Imagine supercar aficionados with vast wealth of knowledge and experience with some of the most exciting analogue cars ever built experiencing our beloved Vipers among this company and in this way!

They mention in passing some of the oddities of the cars which they so easily accept and embrace as a part of overwhelmingly wonderful and unique cars. Would they mention or care about the sound of the exhaust, hot sills, offset pedals, and ease of egress of a Viper...not very much I suspect.

Do they showcase their drivers ability to drift the car while vaporizing the rear tires...thankfully not.

One of my favorites...enjoy!

http://www.evo.co.uk/mclaren/f1/1341...r-rivals-video

I think our cars would fair rather respectably....thoughts?

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce H.; 06-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    2014 SRT Black TA. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Great article! Thanks for posting! What constitutes analog though? I'm sure the Gen 3/4 guys will call us Gen 5 wussies out for having stability/traction control, and then the Gen 2 guys will call them Gen 3 wussies out for having ABS hehe.
    2013 9.0 liter track car, 2016 ACR, 96 GTS, 01 RT/10, 03 SRT/10, '16 Megacab, '05 Ford GT

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

ha good luck
    2008 ACR

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Man that Porsche GT sounds incredible. Why no Cobra here?
    2013 9.0 liter track car, 2016 ACR, 96 GTS, 01 RT/10, 03 SRT/10, '16 Megacab, '05 Ford GT

Our cars will certainly be enjoyable for all of the same reasons cited in the article.

Were our cars painstakingly built by skilled artists? No (although those Prefix folks are not too shabby).

But then again, I don't know too many people that can afford the $15m ask on a low mile F1.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Great article! Thanks for posting! What constitutes analog though?
    While there's a paddle shift and AWD included in the group I think their main selection criteria is spotlighting ultra high performance mostly analogue exotic cars that provide that brand of particularly involving driving experience. It sounds like the paddle shift didn't compromise that special car or the driving experience. And I don't think having ABS and ESC at the ready in the background affects ours.
    2014 SRT Black TA. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Our cars will certainly be enjoyable for all of the same reasons cited in the article.

Were our cars painstakingly built by skilled artists? No (although those Prefix folks are not too shabby).

But then again, I don't know too many people that can afford the $15m ask on a low mile F1.
    Not the price, heritage and other stuffy stuff but glad we can check off all the boxes when it comes to incredible timeless styling and performance results

Besides, if I owned any one of those I'd still have to buy a Viper to track!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Ontario
    Great post Bruce ,
    it reminds me of Chuck Yeager who attained rank of Brigadier General and had card Blanche to fly F 15 , F 16 , F 18 and more aircraft !
    When asked what was his favorite airplane to Fly , his response was the "P51 Mustang " . When asked why , he said he felt more connected and added to the Fun factor as opposed to a plane that was digitized and you where just there for the ride !
    I sense analog cars will be appealing in the years to come , to those who enjoy the driving experience..........
    White Mamba ,

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Not the price, heritage and other stuffy stuff but glad we can check off all the boxes when it comes to incredible timeless styling and performance results

Besides, if I owned any one of those I'd still have to buy a Viper to track!
    Agreed that all cars are memorable for one reason or another. It stands to reason that the ones that check off the most boxes are probably most memorable. I think our cars check off a lot of boxes for driving enthusiasts. It's a shame that those facts never became common knowledge until way too late in the game.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    It's a shame that those facts never became common knowledge until way too late in the game.
    It isn't the first time that an iconic car wasn't appreciated until after it was gone. I think mainstream automotive journalists share some of the blame for this when they are so obviously unable to appreciate cars in the way that actual buyers of the cars do. Maybe exotics should only be reviewed by journalists who own and specialize in reviewing exotics. EVO gets exotics.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by J TNT View Post
    I sense analog cars will be appealing in the years to come , to those who enjoy the driving experience..........
    I sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    It isn't the first time that an iconic car wasn't appreciated until after it was gone. I think mainstream automotive journalists share some of the blame for this when they are so obviously unable to appreciate cars in the way that actual buyers of the cars do. Maybe exotics should only be reviewed by journalists who own and specialize in reviewing exotics. EVO gets exotics.
    I think the journos need to video their reviews. If the video is just the Vehicle Virgin (or any of the other vlog reviewers) driving down the street, then I think we can dismiss it summarily. If the video is someone like Chris Harris, showing us how it's done, then I can believe what the guy has to say. It's time to make these journos prove that they can actually drive. Otherwise, what merit does their review have?

I think the journos need to video their reviews. If the video is just the Vehicle Virgin (or any of the other vlog reviewers) driving down the street, then I think we can dismiss it summarily. If the video is someone like Chris Harris, showing us how it's done, then I can believe what the guy has to say. It's time to make these journos prove that they can actually drive. Otherwise, what merit does their review have?
    You realize that's ludicrous. Right? Jason Cammisa is a very talented driver and superb writer, yet he doesn't like the Viper. I fail to see how one's skill behind the wheel, or lack thereof, legitimizes or disqualifies his or her opinion of a vehicle.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9qWYJQClIyY
    You're rapidly becoming the biggest asshat on the forum and that covers a lot of ground. Congrats. -ViperJon

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by NT-ACR View Post
    You realize that's ludicrous. Right? Jason Cammisa is a very talented driver and superb writer, yet he doesn't like the Viper. I fail to see how one's skill behind the wheel, or lack thereof, legitimizes or disqualifies his or her opinion of a vehicle.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9qWYJQClIyY
    Surely you jest.

I wouldn't buy kitchen knives from a guy who's never been in the kitchen, wouldn't buy running shoes from a guy who's never ran a day in his life, and surely, wouldn't place any value on an automotive journalists opinion of a track car, whom doesn't have enough experience to have an opinion.

I like Jason, he's a good character on the show and brings in some witty banter. But when he gets into a purpose built car like the ACR and instead of telling us why the car isn't suit for purpose, spends the entire "review" rambling about compromises--"rough ride, heat (bullshit), exhaust noise, stereo"--which are downright expected on a TRACK car with a number plate, he just loses all credibility. He should stick to reviewing M sedans and AMGs, if he wants his balls coddled while throwing one-liners and trying to convince the audience he's a pro-driver because he can power slide on a skidpad.
    '13 SRT Viper GTS Blue Coupe | VE Stage II Heads/Cam... 650whp | 1/4, 1/2 Mile : 140mph, 168mph
    [Previous] '08 VVO SRT-10 Coupe | Bolt ons... 605whp | 10.43@134mph
    [Previous] '06 Viper Red SRT-10 Coupe | Bolt ons... 460whp | 11.5@123mph