Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by txA&M08 View Post
    I see power numbers thrown around on these packages, but where are the quarter mile ETs and traps? I believe ViperExchange H/C still owns the ET and trap record for a heads/cam gen 5, do they not?
    Unfortunately, but expectedly, most owners do not care about their real world performance, but just that they can brag to the guy next door that "my car makes xxx whp".

Dyno warriors are prevalent throughout, and don't have the faintest understanding of how easy it is to manipulate a dyno number if one was so inclined. Because of this, atmospheric variables, intertia vs load dynos, calibrations, firmware, yada yada yada, I only look at trap speeds to gauge system performance, period. Dyno is a great tuning tool, nothing more.

On the dyno where my car made 650, Kurt Robinson's car laid down 672whp with my exact setup (just on a different day). But, with all this meaningless our shop vs your shop crap, people will usually compare the low end of one, to the high end of the other, to suit their narrative.

My car at 650whp, has been full weight--fully loaded GTS w AERO (ie. heaviest gen 5 you can buy)--on pump gas, 140mph in the quarter, and 168mph in the 1/2 mile, GPS confirmed. Not to mention, been around the country on a 2,000 mile road trip with 8hr track days, without a single issue.

Its downright PERPLEXING to me, how there are shops claiming to have built dozens of these 700whp+ cars with ZERO results to show for them at the track. Very convenient.
    '13 SRT Viper GTS Blue Coupe | VE Stage II Heads/Cam... 650whp | 1/4, 1/2 Mile : 140mph, 168mph
    [Previous] '08 VVO SRT-10 Coupe | Bolt ons... 605whp | 10.43@134mph
    [Previous] '06 Viper Red SRT-10 Coupe | Bolt ons... 460whp | 11.5@123mph

VOA Member
    since 2018
    Southern California
    Tech Team
    The dragstrip can be a good way to compare packages. MPH in the 1/4 mile pretty much tells the story.

Many dyno's differ in the power they report. At one time we had 2 dyno's in the shop, a Dynojet and a Dynapack. One was for testing, one was for tuning. The Dynapack would allows read 15% higher.
    Most people use Dynojet numbers to compare as they seem to be the industry standard.

It depends on how the dyno is calibrated as well. Some shops get higher numbers by calibrating the dyno to a higher than actual elevation. A one time, I think a shop in Texas had the dyno on top of Mt. Everest!
    specialtyperformanceteam.com
    310-597-6295

Enthusiast
    Lol Mt Everast, and I thought I've seen some laughable things in my time

Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
    Unfortunately, but expectedly, most owners do not care about their real world performance, but just that they can brag to the guy next door that "my car makes xxx whp".

Dyno warriors are prevalent throughout, and don't have the faintest understanding of how easy it is to manipulate a dyno number if one was so inclined. Because of this, atmospheric variables, intertia vs load dynos, calibrations, firmware, yada yada yada, I only look at trap speeds to gauge system performance, period. Dyno is a great tuning tool, nothing more.

On the dyno where my car made 650, Kurt Robinson's car laid down 672whp with my exact setup (just on a different day). But, with all this meaningless our shop vs your shop crap, people will usually compare the low end of one, to the high end of the other, to suit their narrative.

My car at 650whp, has been full weight--fully loaded GTS w AERO (ie. heaviest gen 5 you can buy)--on pump gas, 140mph in the quarter, and 168mph in the 1/2 mile, GPS confirmed. Not to mention, been around the country on a 2,000 mile road trip with 8hr track days, without a single issue.

Its downright PERPLEXING to me, how there are shops claiming to have built dozens of these 700whp+ cars with ZERO results to show for them at the track. Very convenient.
    I agree. We need more drag test comparisons. Right now VE has the proven themselves over and over. Geez your car went 140mph in the 1/4!?!?! That’s impressive.
    2014 Anodized Carbon Edition GTS #3 of 35 Built
    DSC Tractive - IForged - Belanger - Arrow
    Previous Snakes: 06 Coupe SC - 99 White GTS SC - 97 B/W GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Carolinas
    Be heavier if you got rid of them sidewinders
    When seconds count - lose a finger; it's extra weight! Who needs 10 anyway?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Northern California

My car at 650whp, has been full weight--fully loaded GTS w AERO (ie. heaviest gen 5 you can buy).
    Isnt the ACR the heaviest gen V?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    Isnt the ACR the heaviest gen V?
    Not the real ones

140 in the quarter with 650 rwhp is amazing, well done!
    98 GTS
    01 GTS
    70 LS6 Chevelle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12