Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51
  1. #26
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    NY/CT
    ek1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR Steve View Post
    what would a group buy price be?
    Steve, I thought you don't track your ACR

  2. #27
    VOA Member
    Northern California
    sharmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    What do the wheels weigh? What sizes?
    The RZ39 i'm using are 18x11(42offset) and 19x13(71offset). Don't recall the exact weights at the moment, recall a couple of pounds more than the SW2 on the front. Can dig up my notes if you want exact numbers.

  3. #28
    Enthusiast sadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    956
    Let’s see some photos man of the wheels on the car!
    2017 Venom Black TA 1.0

  4. #29
    VOA Member
    Northern California
    sharmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by sadil View Post
    Let’s see some photos man of the wheels on the car!
    The RZ39 were fitted on the front of the ACR to check fitment and clearance on the caliper. I knew from reading other posts it was going to be close and wanted to see for myself how close. Unfortunately one wheel has the tire weight positioned along the caliper plane and needs to be relocated.

  5. #30
    I'm running forgeline gtd1 18" front and rear, same sizes as Arizona Viper 12 in the front and 13 in the rear and yes although they clear the CCB theres a bit of front wheel scoring and upon discussing with forgeline its just cosmetic and wont be an issue. Theres a lot of weight savings from ACR wheels to he GTD1.
    Viper TA - Arrow Stage II Heads and Cam, Bad Boyzz Garage Shorty Headers, Corsa Exhaust, DSE heat shield, DSE vented catch cans

  6. #31
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    NY/CT
    ek1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSilver View Post
    I'm running forgeline gtd1 18" front and rear, same sizes as Arizona Viper 12 in the front and 13 in the rear and yes although they clear the CCB theres a bit of front wheel scoring and upon discussing with forgeline its just cosmetic and wont be an issue. Theres a lot of weight savings from ACR wheels to he GTD1.
    That's what I thought too - that everyone who's running 18"s is using them on both front and rear.

  7. #32
    VOA Member
    Northern California
    sharmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    820
    Update:
    After relocating the tire weights, I wanted to quantify the front caliper clearance with the 18" BC-Forged RZ39. Clearance measured at 1.97mm. Misspoke on the wheel offset spec, correct value is 40, not 42, as previously mentioned. For this specific barrel drop design, would not recommend using higher than 40, as the outer section of the wheel barrel(towards the spoke) clearance is lower and likely interfere with the caliper.
    Last edited by sharmut; 09-05-2018 at 06:20 AM.

  8. #33
    Enthusiast stradman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by ek1 View Post
    That's what I thought too - that everyone who's running 18"s is using them on both front and rear.
    I'm not. I've gone for 18 front and 19 back

  9. #34
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    I'm not. I've gone for 18 front and 19 back
    What tires are you going to run on the rear?
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  10. #35
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    I just ordered a set in 18". I can probably share the tires on my Panoz, currently 315 & 335 but I think I can get 345 on the back of the panoz.

  11. #36
    VOA Member
    Northern California
    sharmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    I just ordered a set in 18".
    What offset did you spec on the front?

  12. #37
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    catwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    685
    I ordered 11 wide, didn't specify offset.

  13. #38
    Enthusiast sadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    956
    I am trying to switch from 18/19 to 18/18 for the track due to used tire availability. Anyone find good prices on forged wheels? The cheapest I found was Finspeed. The F110 looks great but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper. Is it possible to get forged wheels for 4k?
    2017 Venom Black TA 1.0

  14. #39
    Enthusiast Dr.Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    892
    Have you looked at the Forgestars at all?
    Current:2014 GTS w/ TA 1.0 Aero,18 speaker HK, CF interior accents,SW's,Bone stock 11.44@127.86, Past:2011 Carbon Edition C6Z06, 2009 C6Z06-Bone stock on drag radials-10.75@128.19, 2006 C6Z06-Bone stock-11.242@122.38, 10.87@127 on DR's,2003 C5Z06-Bolt ons 11.214@122.30

  15. #40
    VOA Member
    Northern California
    sharmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by sadil View Post
    I am trying to switch from 18/19 to 18/18 for the track due to used tire availability. Anyone find good prices on forged wheels? The cheapest I found was Finspeed. The F110 looks great but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper. Is it possible to get forged wheels for 4k?
    Yes. BC-Forged offers lower cost forged monoblocks. Use their monoblock for over 2 years at the track on the TA and ACR-E with several offtrack excursions without issues.
    Last edited by sharmut; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:25 PM.

  16. #41
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmut View Post
    Yes. BC-Forged offers lower cost forged monoblocks. Use their monoblock for over 2 years at the track on the TA and ACR-E with several offtrack excursions without issues.
    If you go 18 fronts with the carbon brakes, even customer built you get like 2-3mm clearance and that's with a taper. We your BC fronts 18"?
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  17. #42
    VOA Member
    Northern California
    sharmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    If you go 18 fronts with the carbon brakes, even customer built you get like 2-3mm clearance and that's with a taper. We your BC fronts 18"?
    Running 18x11 with custom offset with the stock 6-piston Brembo caliper. The low caliper to barrel clearance does lead to scratches to the inner barrel.

  18. #43
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmut View Post
    Running 18x11 with custom offset with the stock 6-piston Brembo caliper. The low caliper to barrel clearance does lead to scratches to the inner barrel.
    I went 18X12 front and yeah get barrel scoring obviously. http://www.dougshelbyengineering.com/ is working on a fix right now I'm going to test them next weekend.
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  19. #44
    I know this is an older thread but I see nineballs comments about forgeline only recommending that one type of wheel, that seemed odd to me, forgeline is a go to wheel in all the racing world and auto, protouring etc etc. Did they happen to say why exactly thats the only wheel at first id think the width or something but tons of older cars run 13in wide wheel.. just curious.

  20. #45
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtracing View Post
    I know this is an older thread but I see nineballs comments about forgeline only recommending that one type of wheel, that seemed odd to me, forgeline is a go to wheel in all the racing world and auto, protouring etc etc. Did they happen to say why exactly thats the only wheel at first id think the width or something but tons of older cars run 13in wide wheel.. just curious.
    I think they recommend one type as being the lightest one they can make for the Viper, in this case the GTD1
    2013 caged 803whp 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 McLaren 720s, 2020 G63, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  21. #46
    Enthusiast parabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    I think they recommend one type as being the lightest one they can make for the Viper, in this case the GTD1
    The GTD1 is the only wheel Forgeline spec’d to be built to the load ratings of the ACR. As far as lightweight wheels I believe the VX1-6’s are in the conversation as being the lightest Viper wheels Forgeline builds, however they either aren’t built or perhaps aren’t tested to achieve the required load ratings.
    Current: 2014 SRT Gunmetal Pearl w/Black Stripes

    Previous: 2005 Black SRT-10

  22. #47
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ACR Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,132
    the 18" fit over or carbon brakes ? if its 18" all the way around what size tires ? how do you avoid having to change the ride heights ? are you running taller side walls?
    Ontrackinsurance.com

  23. #48
    Enthusiast Racingswh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Chalfont, PA
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR Steve View Post
    the 18" fit over or carbon brakes ? if its 18" all the way around what size tires ? how do you avoid having to change the ride heights ? are you running taller side walls?
    They do fit over the factory CCB's. Forgeline and Finspeed are the go to's. Forgelines are lighter.

    Sizes below work for me:

    Pirellis 305/645/18 front, 325/705/18 rear

    Michelin 30/65/18 front and 31/71/18 rear

    You will have to change ride heights if you want the car setup properly.

  24. #49
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ACR Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    Ontrackinsurance.com

  25. #50
    Forgeline, Can I get 18/19 in Gen 3/4 offsets, I don't want a wider front, outside the wheel wells. PM me

    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
    I would be interested in facilitating a group buy on Forgeline wheels for my Viper family. Ideally, I'd need to see at least 4 sets sold, to make it work.

    Also, I'd be extremely careful about running just any brand or style of wheel on the ACR-E. You will want to be sure that brand does the proper engineering for the design. Forgeline wheels are very strong, but you might be surprised to know that they only recommend ONE style of theirs, for the ACR-E. That would be the GTD1-Viper design. Cars with aero have much higher side-loading than cars without, and some of the other wheels on the market do not have that design strength.

    https://forgeline.com/wheel/gtd1-viper/

    Tony

    Attachment 34163Attachment 34164Attachment 34165Attachment 34166Attachment 34167
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •