Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Snopro, congrats on your CC. We were all together November in Spring Mountain NV. That's a real nice, clean Comp Coupe. Tim's a great seller. A local guy here was real interested in it but was slow to pull the trigger. Enjoy!!!

this event seems great but just a little to far from SoCal

Attachment 36082
    Thanks. I'm pretty excited to say the least. I've met Tim a few times at BIR in Minnesota at a few different events. Not sure if he remembered me but he was a real nice guy.

Troy
    2008 ACR
    2016 ACR

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    No, the 1:28 was run by Bob Woodhouse in his magnetic colored World Challenge Comp Coupe ( on dinky little 325 rear tires ). The best I ever ran was a 1:30 in my 2008 ACR Hardcore ,but that lovely beast is owned now by a VOA member who still takes her out to the track to get her much needed exercise,ha!

Fun , fun event and since it is Viper only , lots of good technical help and advice is often available , since some of the participants have been driving these Motor City Mambas for years.
    hehe "dinky" 325's lol. I'm guessing Pirelli's, those are massive once stretched out on wide wheels. Like my 310 Michelin's are really 353mm on a 13" wheel. I don't know what's fast out there, but a 1.28-1.30 would beat the Nasa record so I'm assuming it's fast! What tires were you running on the 1.30?
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Heh, Bobby W. is in his 70s , so gotta give him his due ----though I think he would have been 68 when he whipped off that 1:28 ( on Pirellis, ha). Fastest time out there, so far, was Keith Anderson , who did a 1:27 in his nasty black ACR ( ran it in Trans Am a couple of times and did quite well ). I was running a set of Hoosier R7s , surprisingly on 295s up front - and not at this event.
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 01-09-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 19 Stores )

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Heh, Bobby W. is in his 70s , so gotta give him his due ----though I think he would have been 68 when he whipped off that 1:28 ( on Pirellis, ha). Fastest time out there, so far, was Keith Anderson , who did a 1:27 in his nasty black ACR ( ran it in Trans Am a couple of times and did quite well ). I was running a set of Hoosier R7s , surprisingly on 295s up front.
    1:28.09 actually. I let the 1:27 slip through my fingers a couple times.
    2008 Viper ACR
    2009 Viper SRT-10X | 190mph Standing Mile | 10.76@133.7mph 1/4 Mile

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Heh, Bobby W. is in his 70s , so gotta give him his due ----though I think he would have been 68 when he whipped off that 1:28 ( on Pirellis, ha). Fastest time out there, so far, was Keith Anderson , who did a 1:27 in his nasty black ACR ( ran it in Trans Am a couple of times and did quite well ). I was running a set of Hoosier R7s , surprisingly on 295s up front.
    Wow Bob sounds like a bad MoFo!!! Good for him that's awesome!!!
    Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 01-08-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

VOA Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    I hope to get the car back out there for this hopefully sooner rather than later Bill!
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Wow Bob sounds like a bad MoFo!!! Good for him that's awesome!!! 1.28 is faster than anyone has done in nasa, here's their current track records for Hastings- http://www.drivenasacentral.com/mphrecords.php
    Those TTU times are old. In fact, there are many errors in that list. Someone's not doing their job. This should be the current NASA TTU record at MPH set back in 2016:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/N...TT%20Merge.pdf
    Last edited by Back In Black; 01-08-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    2008 Viper ACR

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Those TTU times are old. In fact, there are many errors in that list. Someone's not doing their job. This should be the current NASA TTU record at MPH set back in 2016:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/N...TT%20Merge.pdf
    I thought they seemed slow compared to my research! lol. What year was that ZR1?
    What tires were you running with the 1.28?

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

You can see all of the historical Viper Rendezvous Lap times here.

https://www.viperrendezvous.com/track-results

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Keith and Bob will both be there this year, so sounds like it could be a fun bout to see which one can get into the 1:27s, ha? Needless to say you can tell there are some quick guys coming to the Viper Rendezvous and don't count out Ted Hughes in his ACR-X, as he has been at the top of the heap many years too ( he has been in the 1:28s also, if I remember correctly).
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 01-09-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 19 Stores )

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    I thought they seemed slow compared to my research! lol. What year was that ZR1?
    What tires were you running with the 1.28?
    ZR1 is a 2011. I was on r7's.
    2008 Viper ACR

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Like so many tracks , weather condition, age of the surface, dirt, etc. can affect track times, but with everyone there running Vipers, when you do well, you do it with all your fellow participants running under the same conditions. There have been years where folks were not close to their personal track records , but the wins were even more rewarding due to the tightness of each class. The fun part is you are running with an extremely congenial group, and everyone wants to help each other, so gleaning set up secrets and upgrades to the Snakes , is extremely easy and not held close to the vest compared to most track outings.

I will be there and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I am going to keep my secrets all to myself about how I am running in the 1:50s in a stock ACR-E. LOL

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Maybe next year we can get a few of us from the West out there. I would love to go, if I could make it happen..!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Maybe next year we can get a few of us from the West out there. I would love to go, if I could make it happen..!
    I'm on the waiting list! If I'm able to make the list and nothing changes on my calendar before then I'll be there for sure!

I'm on the waiting list! If I'm able to make the list and nothing changes on my calendar before then I'll be there for sure!
    That's great! Hope you get in. It's a ways away yet so you probably will.

As soon as you do I am going to start unbolting and removing everything I don't need and even things that are questionable to make my car lighter. Fortunately with your 1000 hp 2400 lb at one time a Viper shell we probably won't be in the same class?

Going to be fun!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Racingswh View Post
    That's great! Hope you get in. It's a ways away yet so you probably will.

As soon as you do I am going to start unbolting and removing everything I don't need and even things that are questionable to make my car lighter. Fortunately with your 1000 hp 2400 lb at one time a Viper shell we probably won't be in the same class?

Going to be fun!!
    hehe. I might bring my stock ACR, we'll see!

Enthusiast
    Hi all. First post on the viper forum.. I just stumbled on this event and the wife and I are kicking around the idea of driving out from Boulder, CO to check out the cars and chat with some folks. Currently considering selling my Spec Miata to help fund a Viper purchase. Have raced karts and cars for nearly half my life, and absolutely love the competition at the front of a sprint race, but that dream of owning a viper has never really gone away.

If we make the trip out is there any chance we could maybe bum a ride or two throughout the day?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Give me a call at 402-677-5864 as I can relate well to your desires and predicament ( I raced in Spec Miata for 9 years ). As one of the main sponsors of the Viper Rendezvous , and having owned 9 Vipers ( and raced some of them ) , I can give you a realistic overview of the beast and it's merits on a road course. If you want to email me , feel free to do so at ;

billpemberton@woodhouse.com

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

RacerJRP:

The event is not setup for passengers due to the track insurance unless it is during the parade laps over the lunch hour. The parade laps will not be a full speed.

Enthusiast
    Give me a call at 402-677-5864 as I can relate well to your desires and predicament ( I raced in Spec Miata for 9 years ). As one of the main sponsors of the Viper Rendezvous , and having owned 9 Vipers ( and raced some of them ) , I can give you a realistic overview of the beast and it's merits on a road course. If you want to email me , feel free to do so at ;

billpemberton@woodhouse.com
    Bill, I really appreciate that. I'll give you a shout; actually have some time open tomorrow before noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty View Post
    RacerJRP:

The event is not setup for passengers due to the track insurance unless it is during the parade laps over the lunch hour. The parade laps will not be a full speed.

Thanks for that info Fursty, exactly what I needed to know. I wouldn't turn down a parade lap ride either if one was offered... It's been probably 12 years since I last drove a Viper and almost as long sine I was a passenger.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    Hi all. First post on the viper forum.. I just stumbled on this event and the wife and I are kicking around the idea of driving out from Boulder, CO to check out the cars and chat with some folks. Currently considering selling my Spec Miata to help fund a Viper purchase. Have raced karts and cars for nearly half my life, and absolutely love the competition at the front of a sprint race, but that dream of owning a viper has never really gone away.

If we make the trip out is there any chance we could maybe bum a ride or two throughout the day?
    Hi Racer. I will be attending high plains Raceway in my Viper on an open lapping day within the next month. Message me your contact info, and I will let you know when I am going. You can check out my gen 5. Do a ride along at my full speed if you want.
    2016 Dodge Viper 2.0, 2014 SRT Viper T/A # 3, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante, 2009 Nissan GTR, 2010 Ford F-150

Enthusiast
    LuvSpeed, message sent.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

JRP --- look forward to chatting with you , and sounds like a great Colorado contact above? High Plains is a great track and I hope to wander out there this year to run a NASA event.

VOA Mamba Member
    Houston
    I registered for the event. Is anyone out of Texas or Oklahoma trailering up? It's going to be a haul from Houston.
    2017 Dealer Edition ACR-E Past Vipers:2013 blue and silver GTS, 2008 Red and Black ACR-X Clone, 2008 Black caged ACR
    2009 SSG with black stripes ACR, 1997 Blue with White stripes GTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast