Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    St. Louis
    This track talk is fricken killin’ me...
    Last edited by TooBlue; 01-19-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    Life should not be journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up and worn out yelling, "WOW, what a ride!" ........tooblueracing.com

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    this is fricken killin’ me...
    lol
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Hehhhhhhh, Ryan, how about an update , any openings for folks that are on the waiting list?????
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 19 Stores )

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Bill:

The good news is that we are sold out and we will have 60 Vipers in Hastings in June. The bad news is that we are still sold out and we haven't had anyone cancel yet. I just finished going over the track schedule with George at the track and to make sure everyone has the best track experience possible we are going to stick with our limit for this year. We will see how the weekend works on the track and possibly adjust that number for 2020.

Ryan

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Just had some folks asking and I knew many realized how popular this event was and jumped on the bandwagon early. But, did not hurt to check if there were any cancellations, and it should bode well for selling out again next year?!

Good thought to stay at your level , and we can always get our heads together next year to see if there is a way to accommodate more Snakes , and still give them plenty of slithering time?

Thanks for posting an update Ryan!!
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 19 Stores )

Can you guys give me an idea what the format looks like? How many run groups with 60 cars? Is there an instructed group and do you need any help in that regard? I apologize if I have just missed it.

Do Driver's looking to put down quick timed laps have their own sessions?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Drivers are put in groups based on their experience and the fast group has some very quick cars usually ,with some ACR-Xs , Comp Coupes, ACRs, and some SC'd Vipers. With the three groups there is plenty of track time and with 20 on track you have plenty of space to put in a quick time. Likely there are enough Instructors , but am sure Ryan could keep you in mind if there is a need -- this is not a discounted position, just completely volunteer if you are needed. I assume you have already signed up for the event as you likely noticed Ryan's post the event is sold out!

Best Regards,

Bill Pemberton

That sounds great. I have never been to the track before and hopefully they put me in the middle group. I am pretty sure I got in under the wire. I was told about the event by Complete Performance Motorsports and signed up when I heard about it. Should be a fun time. Long tow for me. 20 hours each way.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

We actually have 25 minute run groups. Friday will have 4 groups with 5 sessions each. One group is for the student group.

Saturday will be 3 groups with 4 sessions each (students combine with the third group) and a two hour Viper Cross session. We turn the entire course into a big autocross. Not slow speeds like a typical autocross...thus we call it the Viper Cross. Adds 10-15 seconds to your lap time. You will get two attempts.

If if you are signed up for the full weekend, Sunday will have 3 groups and another 3 sessions each Sunday morning.

Your registration includes lunch Friday, dinner Friday, lunch Saturday, and Prime rib dinner at our banquet Saturday night.

If you bring a guest, you can pay for their meals too. We are adding that option back to the registration page this week.

Transponders are included in your registration and you can see all of your laps via the Race Montior app.

Plan to arrive on Thursday as tech inspection is done from 3:00 to 7:00 on Thursday.

As far as needing instructors, I believe we are fine as the track arranges all of that, but can keep you in mind.

Bill is is right on with the grouping. We group the cars according to lap times. For new participants, I will probably check in with you a few weeks out from the event to gauge your experience and get everyone into an appropriate group. We can makes changes on the fly if we get someone in a group that they don't fit into. On Saturday we will reassign groups as needed based on Friday's lap times.

Racingswh....I will make sure to put you in group 2. We can adjust as necessary.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Fursty View Post
    We actually have 25 minute run groups. Friday will have 4 groups with 5 sessions each. One group is for the student group.

Saturday will be 3 groups with 4 sessions each (students combine with the third group) and a two hour Viper Cross session. We turn the entire course into a big autocross. Not slow speeds like a typical autocross...thus we call it the Viper Cross. Adds 10-15 seconds to your lap time. You will get two attempts.

If if you are signed up for the full weekend, Sunday will have 3 groups and another 3 sessions each Sunday morning.

Your registration includes lunch Friday, dinner Friday, lunch Saturday, and Prime rib dinner at our banquet Saturday night.

If you bring a guest, you can pay for their meals too. We are adding that option back to the registration page this week.

Transponders are included in your registration and you can see all of your laps via the Race Montior app.

Plan to arrive on Thursday as tech inspection is done from 3:00 to 7:00 on Thursday.

As far as needing instructors, I believe we are fine as the track arranges all of that, but can keep you in mind.

Bill is is right on with the grouping. We group the cars according to lap times. For new participants, I will probably check in with you a few weeks out from the event to gauge your experience and get everyone into an appropriate group. We can makes changes on the fly if we get someone in a group that they don't fit into. On Saturday we will reassign groups as needed based on Friday's lap times.

Racingswh....I will make sure to put you in group 2. We can adjust as necessary.
    Man, I'm so jealous. This will ensure everyone gets a chance at some clear laps and fast times.
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT

VOA Mamba Member
    Houston
    Sounds very well organized. Fursty, I'm thinking group 2 for me as well. First time at this track and don't want to be a speed bump for those looking to jump on it right away. I don't want to get in Bill's way like I did at Miller during our open track day before VOI.

Sounds like we'll talk at some point closer to the event. Looking forward to it.

Mike
    Last edited by Toxic; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:55 AM.
    2017 Dealer Edition ACR-E Past Vipers:2013 blue and silver GTS, 2008 Red and Black ACR-X Clone, 2008 Black caged ACR
    2009 SSG with black stripes ACR, 1997 Blue with White stripes GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

No worries Mike, as my Snake is a garage queen and will not see the track ------- let the dog pile begin, as yes I know how many times I suggested these beasts were meant for the track, ha. If I am in your way , though, it will only be for a parking space, ha,ha.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Mike:

Getting in Bill's way would actually require him to bring his car to the track. You might ask him about his garage queen.

Ryan

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Big Alert !!!! Will post again so folks see this , but it is 99% certain that the Pump and Pantry will have 100 Octane race fuel by the time the Rendezvous occurs this year. I will update , but it appears to be a given as product is on it's way.

Key here is that if you run a Snake you likely have found out from this Forum that 93 Octane is optimal for strong performance and with some mods even a bit higher is great. Those with race modded beasts may need 98-100 and now we will have close by to the track and no more need for some to lug barrels and bunches of fuel cannisters to the event -- I don't know anyone who really enjoys lugging a bunch of fuel to the track in their trailer.

So the regular tanks will still have 91, but a little 100 Octane will get you the rise to 93 and if you have a RaceSnake -- bingo you are in like Flynn!!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Bill, this is true! It should be up and running by the end of this week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123