VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Arizona

Owner s Manual 1999 ACR

Greetings from a Newbie in Prescott, AZ. I just bought a 1999 GTS ACR. Is there only one owner's manual for all 1999 vipers? The owner's manual that came with the car is for the RT10/GTS. I am wondering if there is an owner's manual specific to the ACR. I have seen information (or misinformation) that the ACRs have a 10 qt engine oil capacity instead of the standard 8 qt. Is this true?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    With the exception of smooth air inlet tubes, the 99 ACR engine is identical to the 99 GTS and 99 RT10 engines. 8.5 qts including oil filter.

it should have a a pair of spanner wrenches and a little flier about the Koni Adjustables on it i think.

Supporting Vendor JonB ~ PartsRack's Avatar
    G2 ACR also had a different Oil Filter Adapter..... lacking a shuttle-valve to the oil cooler. Valve was meant to maintain A/C at WOT, [at the expense of the oil pressure!!!] So Team Viper eliminated the valve for track-intended cars like ACR.

And also had KN air filters as OE.

THE YEAR MATTERS: The larger capacity G2 pan with the honed return line entered in early year 2000 production. I sold about 400 of them, wish I had more
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 10-10-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Jon "JonB" Brobst ~~~~:<~ JonB@PartsRack.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Did you buy Nick's Car?

This is an 01 but close.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXCJOFAw2I
    Yes I bought Nick's car. This is a 99 not an 01. Nick listed it on eBay as a 1999. I would also think that my insurance company has listed the proper year as 1999 as they verify VINs. Why do you think it is a 2001 Brian?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Arizona

Thanks for the responses!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Arizona

LOL. Thanks for the video Brian!

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...light=Official

Lots of good info in this thread.
    2000 GTS ACR - Red & Silver

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Ok - I have asked this question in multiple places to multiple people. Did the 99 ACR come with a spanner wrench? If so, does anyone have a pic of an "original" factory 99 wrench? Every pic posted ends up being a wrench for the Dynamics from 2000.5 - 2002 ACRs.
    To answer your question, no the Koni equipped cars did not come with spanner wrenches.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by XFlyBoy View Post
    Greetings from a Newbie in Prescott, AZ. I just bought a 1999 GTS ACR. Is there only one owner's manual for all 1999 vipers? The owner's manual that came with the car is for the RT10/GTS. I am wondering if there is an owner's manual specific to the ACR. I have seen information (or misinformation) that the ACRs have a 10 qt engine oil capacity instead of the standard 8 qt. Is this true?
    Here is a link to the 1999 ACR service manual; it actually was published as a technical service bulletin:
    http://www.viperclub.org/howto/servi.../ZB_233699.pdf

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by XFlyBoy View Post
    Here is a link to the 1999 ACR service manual; it actually was published as a technical service bulletin:
    http://www.viperclub.org/howto/servi.../ZB_233699.pdf