Enthusiast

Settings recommendations for the BC coilovers

Hello folks,

The ride with my Eibach springs and factory Koni's is getting to be fairly poor. I'm thinking of picking up the BC coilovers, but need some opinions:

1) Buy the factory setup from BC, or change out the springs with different rates or the swift springs?
    2) What shock settings do you recommend for a soft/comfortable ride with a similar drop to my current Eibach setup?
    3) Any local vendors here offer better prices than directly from BC?

Thanks
    1997 Viper GTS - Blue & White

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Houston

Also interested in what folks think about bc coilovers with swift springs.

Enthusiast
    FYI there are several choices of spring rates from BC themselves as well as preferred internal valving. Just make sure you buy them from someone that sets them up optimized for the Viper. Regarding performance I've never read one complaint about them for $300 a piece.
    Red. Because I didn't have to settle for blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper98912 View Post
    Hello folks,

The ride with my Eibach springs and factory Koni's is getting to be fairly poor. I'm thinking of picking up the BC coilovers, but need some opinions:

1) Buy the factory setup from BC, or change out the springs with different rates or the swift springs?
    2) What shock settings do you recommend for a soft/comfortable ride with a similar drop to my current Eibach setup?
    3) Any local vendors here offer better prices than directly from BC?

Thanks
    1. I've run the factory set up on two of my Vipers
    2. On my daily driver I run the fronts at 15 clicks (middle) and rear a few clicks softer
    3. There isn't much overhead between wholesale and retail on BC, so the deals are really "deals"

Yeah, I dind't find much price difference so I went straight through BC. I run my shocks on a bit stiffer setting as I found the middle setting create a bit of a bouncy feel over bumps.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    FYI there are several choices of spring rates from BC themselves as well as preferred internal valving. Just make sure you buy them from someone that sets them up optimized for the Viper. Regarding performance I've never read one complaint about them for $300 a piece.
    Didn't know there was different valving offered, care to elaborate?