Custom LED Headlights

Guys, I've finally finished a big project that no one has ever done before. I've been custom making Acura-style LED headlights for the GTS, and they're finally done! They look spectacular, at least in my opinion. What do you think?

IMG_1124 (1).jpg

Enthusiast
    Nice work! Definitely need more pix!
    1997 Viper GTS - Blue & White

Enthusiast
    Why is your hood narrower than your fascia where they meet between the headlights?
    Red. Because I didn't have to settle for blue.

I have no idea. It's misaligned a tiny bit, as the front ends of these cars often seem to be, but even if it was perfect fitment it would still be a little bit off. The carfax is clean, but who knows. Maybe it's just a hood that came out imperfect? Damn it I never even noticed this until you mentioned it!
    Last edited by Nightshade199; 1 Week Ago at 01:06 PM.

Here's some more pics.

IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    Last edited by Nightshade199; 1 Week Ago at 02:26 PM.

Enthusiast
    Sorry can't get em to work...

Nice job! Are you going to sell them?

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    How much more light do they produce? Cost?
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    Mine is shaped like this. Follows the yellow line I added to your pic. The gap in front of and on top of your headlight is also off in your pic. It should be snug against the fascia in front and 6mm gap on top.

IMG_1126edit.jpg
    Red. Because I didn't have to settle for blue.

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    Mine is shaped like this. Follows the yellow line I added to your pic. The gap in front of and on top of your headlight is also off in your pic. It should be snug against the fascia in front and 6mm gap on top.

IMG_1126edit.jpg
    Oh yeah my baby needs some work on the front, but I'm not ready to tackle that monster amount of work yet lol. One day for sure though. It drives my OCD crazy when I think about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEverything View Post
    Nice job! Are you going to sell them?
    I'd say no, simply because this took a ton of work to make and, being a software engineer, I'm too time strapped to want to make that a thing that I do, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    How much more light do they produce? Cost?
    Light output is about the same as stock, just a nice, white color.

Unrelated question - how did you mount your licence plate? Is it some kind of custom setup? What is it mounted to?

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Unrelated question - how did you mount your licence plate? Is it some kind of custom setup? What is it mounted to?
    L-shaped bracket from Lowes, used for joining timber + the heaviest duty 3M automotive tape and one screw to make sure it never falls off. I hated drilling into the bumper, but since I don't plan to ever leave VA and I'll always need a front plate, this is the best looking and easiest setup I could find.

Look awesome! what I would like to see is an updated Led taillights to resemble the Gen V or something similar. The rear end of the RT/10 could use that update.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EricPerry72 View Post
    Look awesome! what I would like to see is an updated Led taillights to resemble the Gen V or something similar. The rear end of the RT/10 could use that update.
    I thought about doing this a few years ago, but it's actually more difficult than you'd think...

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    Ha, looks quite interesting.

I've cracked my lights open on my GenI to put in strobes and also tint in the past. I'll vouch it's not easy! You have any fogging issues after doing this?

Love seeing offbeat customizations like this.
    Viper Owners Association
    The Greatest Club on Earth!
    "Build it, and they will come"