Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertk View Post
    That's the advice I needed right there, I feel comfortable with the maintenance as he purchased the car when it was a year old off a Dodge dealership floor and has all records, fresh AC rebuild and very nice interior, good tires etc... just some faded paint areas and that doesn't bother me as I will paint it and the price reflects that at $23k... thanks again, gonna see it tomorrow
    Personally, I would go with a Gen II (providing both cars are equal) as I think it will be a better / more desirable car IF you were going to resell it. but, we are not worried about that are we....
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Personally, I would go with a Gen II (providing both cars are equal) as I think it will be a better / more desirable car IF you were going to resell it. but, we are not worried about that are we....
    No we are not ;-)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    I say go for the Gen II even though the miles are a bit higher, you will benefit from the increased reliability, horsepower and refinement. The fact that it has the miles that it does makes me think that it should be a pretty good one and has at least been exercised regularly. Keep us posted.
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Ok update and again thanks all for the advice along the way, the 2000 (gen 2) frankly was junk, paint was cracked deep all over, road like garbage, loose, rattles all over, shakey, engine bay was smoking when we got back from a ride but frankly after one minute in the car knew it had been road hard and not kept up... on the other hand the 95 was very nice, paint was nice all round excluding a small burn spot on rear of drivers door, interior very nice, engine bay very clean, runs and drives fantastic, tight with no rattles at all, car feels like it's been taken care of, upgraded cd/stereo and speakers, 31k miles... problem is tires have some age cracking but he will sell for $23k, I know it's not a Gen 2 but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger, searching for tires now or better yet Gen 2 wheel package if I can find, feel good about this car and started with a Gen 1 search, I feel it will make a great car for weekend rides now and again

$23k for a clean 95 is a great price. I love my 95 and though I am in the minority prefer it over the GTS. Only down side is trying to find tires for the stock 17" wheels. As far as I know none are readily available, I know if you are patient and wait I believe Michelin manufactures a run of Pilot Sport 2 tires once a year.

Good luck with the Gen I and if you have any specific questions about the 95 feel free to email me at elrist@xo.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Ok update and again thanks all for the advice along the way, the 2000 (gen 2) frankly was junk, paint was cracked deep all over, road like garbage, loose, rattles all over, shakey, engine bay was smoking when we got back from a ride but frankly after one minute in the car knew it had been road hard and not kept up... on the other hand the 95 was very nice, paint was nice all round excluding a small burn spot on rear of drivers door, interior very nice, engine bay very clean, runs and drives fantastic, tight with no rattles at all, car feels like it's been taken care of, upgraded cd/stereo and speakers, 31k miles... problem is tires have some age cracking but he will sell for $23k, I know it's not a Gen 2 but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger, searching for tires now or better yet Gen 2 wheel package if I can find, feel good about this car and started with a Gen 1 search, I feel it will make a great car for weekend rides now and again
    At least you won't have to add side pipes. That's a great price for a 95 Gen I in the condition you describe. By the time you get new tires on the car, you will be much closer to $25K, but still a pretty good price.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Thanks again to all the advice, made the deal on the 95 at $23k, now on a wheel hunt, either 96-98 17" or 99-02 18"... like them both, might like the look of the 17" a touch better and probably a better ride but easier to get tires for the 18"... will I have any problems with either on the 95... there is a few sets of each on ebay

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by acellr8 View Post
    $23k for a clean 95 is a great price. I love my 95 and though I am in the minority prefer it over the GTS. Only down side is trying to find tires for the stock 17" wheels. As far as I know none are readily available, I know if you are patient and wait I believe Michelin manufactures a run of Pilot Sport 2 tires once a year.

Good luck with the Gen I and if you have any specific questions about the 95 feel free to email me at elrist@xo.com
    Thanks so much and agree I might be in the minority group as well, I originally wanted a Gen 1 for the side pipes but also like the rawness of it, know it's little more primitive but I kinda like that... and have nice airtight, cold ac, comfortable vehicles so looking forward to having this Gen 1 though the wheels gotta go, thanks again

Congrats on the purchase! I like the 95 3-spoke wheels much better than the Gen 2 5-spoke 17's. IMO cant beat the staggered look of 18's/19's like off a gen 3/4. Nothing better than a Gen 1 with the top off(of course) on a nice day. Might consider a cat delete asap( to drastically reduce rocker cover heat) You can do it for less than $20 if you do the work yourself

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross L View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! I like the 95 3-spoke wheels much better than the Gen 2 5-spoke 17's. IMO cant beat the staggered look of 18's/19's like off a gen 3/4. Nothing better than a Gen 1 with the top off(of course) on a nice day. Might consider a cat delete asap( to drastically reduce rocker cover heat) You can do it for less than $20 if you do the work yourself
    I'm looking forward to it... I actually drove 1 viper years ago (97 GTS) for about 3-4 miles and that's it but I've owned allot of muscle cars and a few cobras (kit cars) I haven't even driven this one yet, let the salesman take me out and very impressed with the drive, I know they are torquey but I was quite surprised how tight and solid the drive was, very stiff but very tight and liked it, got some wheels lined up and maybe the 3 spoke will grow on me, they are in great shape but chrome, might like them better if they were silver

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    If you are looking for OEM Wheels I might have a set. I know I have 2 sets of OEM Tires for Shows...
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    If you are looking for OEM Wheels I might have a set. I know I have 2 sets of OEM Tires for Shows...
    Absolutely... let me know what you have, I've been talking with two people on ebay and frankly I don't know if I like the 96-98 17's or the 99-02 18's better but gonna absolutely buy something and haven't purchased a set yet

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Best looking wheels for a 95 are the 96-98 wheels if you ask me. You can get a set fairly cheap and they will transform the look of the car.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Best looking wheels for a 95 are the 96-98 wheels if you ask me. You can get a set fairly cheap and they will transform the look of the car.
    I agree... I have a line on a good deal for the 18s but holding off for the moment for the right deal on the 96-98 17s, travel for business this week so don't actually pick the car up till week after (its 5 hours away) so have a little time to find the right wheels, they are out there

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Question for anyone... I have an opportunity to get a complete set of Gen 4 5 spoke SRT wheels 18" front and 19" rear.... at a great deal... will these go on a Gen 1 without any problems

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Question for anyone... I have an opportunity to get a complete set of Gen 4 5 spoke SRT wheels 18" front and 19" rear.... at a great deal... will these go on a Gen 1 without any problems
    Disregard... I think the rear wheel is gonna be too tall overall for Gen 1

Got them on mine. Perfect fit.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    Got them on mine. Perfect fit.
    They are not too tall for the back, do they look good on a Gen 1, I can buy a complete set with Hoosier H20 tires (I know not the best) but he will take $1300 for the package

IMG_1385.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this helps.... plus any excuse to post a pic. Lol

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Arizona
    IMG_1385.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this helps.... plus any excuse to post a pic. Lol
    Oh yeah that looks good, what's the rear tire size?

I think 345/35/19...may be a 345/30...whatever factory size was on the Gen 4.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    I love those wheels on the earlier gens!
    Very nice!
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123