VOA Member
    since 2015
    Houston

Exhaust change

I've had a B&B exhaust with hf cats for a few years now and I'm tired of the drone and overall tone. Before I go and get a full Corsa exhaust, should I get a pair of spiral flows and add them in front of the existing mufflers in the side sills? Any other suggestions?

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    With the HF cats, is there enough room for the Spirals? Have you tried to install a balance tube in the back? That will help with the sound and drone.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

What's your concern with the tone? I've been debating on changing up my exhaust here recently. I have the borla 2 muffler with an x-pipe in the rear. I like the tone and the drone isn't to bad (really only their at 2k rpm) but I'm kind of wanting something without the x-pipe to bring back some of the lope sound that I liked so much about the car.

Enthusiast
    Go with side exhaust. The hearing loss will dilute the other concerns.
    Red. Because I didn't have to settle for blue.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by 98RedGTS View Post
    What's your concern with the tone? I've been debating on changing up my exhaust here recently. I have the borla 2 muffler with an x-pipe in the rear. I like the tone and the drone isn't to bad (really only their at 2k rpm) but I'm kind of wanting something without the x-pipe to bring back some of the lope sound that I liked so much about the car.
    The drone and overall resonance is annoying. I just put a corsa on my ram truck and its quiet while cruising. Ultimately, i think I'm going to have to upgrade the heads and cam to get the sound I want.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    Go with side exhaust. The hearing loss will dilute the other concerns.

2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....