Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Tillett seat showed up yesterday and I have to say I'm beyond impressed with it. By a huge margin it is the most comfortable race seat I have ever sat in, and it doesn't even have any pads in it yet. The quality of it is amazing, I've used other brands and nothing compares to this seat. Doug Shelby sells these seats, I do have to say I didn't order this one from him but that was the result of the leadtime, I had to have one to finish side bars on cage so I had no choice but to search for stock. We are making the mount this week to install the seat and I will post up pics once it's in the car.

Viper Seat.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Drivers seat has been installed, the project is coming along nicely and I expect the cage to be painted soon and the interior/body panels to start going back on after that. Parachute should be mounted later in the week along with the fire suppression system which will be (2) 10 lb bottles, 1 for engine compartment and 1 for cockpit. After that it's brakes, transmission and some other go fast parts. Hope to be on a dyno soon to see what more we can squeeze out of it.

Tillett Seat Installed 1.jpg

Tillett Seat Installed 2.jpg

Tillett Seat Installed 3.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Last bar in at the door, plenty of room, allows us to keep stock door panels and all the interior. Once that bar is tig welded along with a brace back under rear hatch to bolt in the (2) fire suppression bottles the cage will be complete. Fire suppression is a combination of automatic and manual pulls for rear hatch and drivers compartment and the engine compartment is a completely manual system. We plan to pull out the E-Brake handle and install the operating handle for the chute in that area. After that we are adding a bulkhead to keep the drivers compartment separate from the rear hatch area since that holds the fuel tank and oil tank for the dry sump, driver safety is first priority and then speed. Cage will be painted to match car, then we will install some sound deadening/heat transfer material to keep the cabin a little quieter and cooler. Next step is to reassemble/install the interior, add harnesses followed by the body panels. The plan is really coming together and we will get into the mechanical aspect of the project next month to include clutch, transmission, brakes, differential along with other components to make it a bit faster. I'm looking for a quality quick release steering wheel if anyone has a suggestion or recommendation on that.

Cage Side Bar 3.jpg

Cage Side Bar 4.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Fire suppression bottles have been mounted and the automatic and manual nozzles will be positioned in engine, cockpit and rear hatch area. We have also completed the parachute tether mount which I think came out really nice. The bulkhead flange that separates rear hatch area and cockpit is just being planned out and located. You can see it in the left side of the one picture. Once we get that done we will cut and fit a lexan panel to give some rear visibility. Everything is progressing and I hope we will be ready to make the first attempt in October as we planned.

Bulkhead Flange.jpg

Fire Suppression System .jpg

Parachute Mount 1.jpg

Parachute Mount 2.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123