Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

What modifications did you have on your 06 Viper to go that fast.??[/QUOTE]

The mods are extensive but they are all pretty much mechanical, the body is stock 06 coupe with no mods to it. We do remove wipers, mirrors and tape the seams to make the air flow over the car better. The taller rear tires also require a little more rake in the car for clearance. I probably spent more on safety than I did on going fast which in my opinion is how it should be done. I will say that maybe the car is approaching it's limit without some aero work to keep the back happy at bigger speeds. It does start to dance about a bit after 250 and may need a little downforce for bigger speeds. Unfortunately downforce is not condusive to going fast so it's a delicate balance to find the right combination. We are working on a few things to help with that and maybe a trip to a wind tunnel to confirm.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimtd View Post
    Not if you pull the tranny and ship it up to John Donato assuming he is still in business. He can ball peen the parts; turn it into a true six speed; and, eliminate most of the ngr. I had it done to my former supercharged Gen III. John did a fabulous job. It is a must if you are doing standing mile events since with the OEM six speed with overdrive, the lower overdrive RPMs cause the car to start to crap out at 165 MPH and creeps up from there. With the conversion, you pick up some significant speed.
    I am running a very modified T56 with some special 5th/6th gear ratios to close up that big spread on stock transmissions. I finished that run in 6th gear and although we had issues they weren't related to the transmission. The car is gear capable of mid 270s and we expected a bigger number then the 252 but other issues kept us from getting there. I was looking for a mid 260s speed and felt that I could have done that if everything had worked as planned like that ever happens. It's not suppose to be easy I suppose so back to work to fix that issue and see what comes next.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

I got some more pictures so I thought I would post some of them up.

Shuttle and Viper.jpg
    GT and Viper.jpg
    Heading toward 250 Plus 2.jpg
    Working on Issues.jpg
    Last edited by DEMO MAN; 03-19-2020 at 02:33 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

This is probably one of my favorite pictures, 43 seconds after this one was taken I crossed the 250 MPH mark and 56 seconds later I crossed the timing lights at 252.588 MPH. I'm still on a bit of a high from it all, I definitely can't thank those who put all the effort into the car enough and thanks to all of you guys for the support and advice I received. I know I had the easy job considering my part was over in less than a minute. Hope in the future I get to make another attempt at a bigger speed, the car is capable of a lot more and I'm willing to crawl in it for another pass.
    About to Set a New World Record.jpg

GT just isn't as mean looking as the Viper! bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
    GT just isn't as mean looking as the Viper! bad ass
    Even though I have 2 Vipers I guess this is just a Personal Opinion! Especially depending on WHAT Year you're talking about.
    13' SRT Viper, 00' RT/10 Viper, 18' LS500 Lexus, 15' RCF Lexus, 08' H2 Hummer

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Anyone have any experience with alcohol fueled TT Viper? I'm considering some options to help with my next attempt at some big speed and want to explore anything that could help with making a 275+ MPH pass in early 2021. The car is gear capable and we are going to refresh the motor and make a few more mods that will bump the WHP and torque. Open to any thoughts, ideas or suggestions you guys may have. Thanks, David

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456