Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Enthusiast stradman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,018

    OEM TPMS on Forgeline GTD wheels

    Hi Guys
    Just wanted to ask if anyone had problems mounting/adding the TPM sensors to the Forgeline. It seems there is a problem with the length of the valve on the OEM TPMS on the Forgelines. Appreciate any replies.
    Cheers

  2. #2
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,338
    I had the same problems because I copied Ryan @98intrigue's setup. I'm not sure if he specified to Forgeline what valve stem to use for his setup and I did not know that, not his fault. It was mine by not specifying I wanted to use OEM valve stems.
    Sounds like you're having the same issue. Forgeline needs to specifically ask if OEM valve stems want to be used to avoid all this.

    So after a lot of back and forth and a leaking wheel they sent the right valves and a seal and I got it all worked on at Hot Rod Service Company. This company had to drill tiny holes in the valves to make it all work.

    My first experience with them was meh, I asked for pics during the process of making the AL300 wheels. Didnt get it. They've been helpful making me another set because of my accident though.

    Contact Forgeline to send you the right valve stems. You will probably need to go to a professional shop and have them communicate to Forgeline. Thats what I had to do with Hot Rod Service Company (a Forgeline buyer).
    Last edited by serpent; 04-03-2019 at 03:24 PM.

  3. #3
    Enthusiast stradman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    I had the same problems because I copied Ryan @98intrigue's setup. I'm not sure if he specified to Forgeline what valve stem to use for his setup and I did not know that, not his fault. It was mine by not specifying I wanted to use OEM valve stems.
    Sounds like you're having the same issue. Forgeline needs to specifically ask if OEM valve stems want to be used to avoid all this.

    So after a lot of back and forth and a leaking wheel they sent the right valves and a seal and I got it all worked on at Hot Rod Service Company. This company had to drill tiny holes in the valves to make it all work.

    My first experience with them was meh, I asked for pics during the process of making the AL300 wheels. Didnt get it. They've been helpful making me another set because of my accident though.

    Contact Forgeline to send you the right valve stems. You will probably need to go to a professional shop and have them communicate to Forgeline. Thats what I had to do with Hot Rod Service Company (a Forgeline buyer).
    Thanks for reply, but the TPMS have their own valve stems fom what I see, and seem fixed to the sensor, so if they send new Valve stems I can't fix them on the TPMS- I think...

  4. #4
    Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    WV/PA
    Bryan Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nowheresville, PA
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just wanted to ask if anyone had problems mounting/adding the TPM sensors to the Forgeline. It seems there is a problem with the length of the valve on the OEM TPMS on the Forgelines. Appreciate any replies.
    Cheers
    Be sure to tell them your car has TPMS and they should machine a land in the wheel to clamp the outer nut to it. I use OEM sensors on both my sets.

    2019-04-03 19.30.19.jpg
    Last edited by Bryan Savage; 04-07-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Crap spelling
    TA 37/93. 51,767 miles.
    IG: @platinumgrille
    There is no slash in "TA". Please stop it.

  5. #5
    Enthusiast stradman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    Be sure to tell them you car has TPMS and they should machine a land in the wheel to clamp the outer nut to it. I use OEM sensors on both my sets.

    2019-04-03 19.30.19.jpg
    Thanks for that, but unfortunately I already have the wheels so I guess I'm stuffed...

  6. #6
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    uvbnbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nashvizzle TN
    Posts
    650
    machine shop ought to be able to remedy that
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

  7. #7
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    Thanks for that, but unfortunately I already have the wheels so I guess I'm stuffed...
    I was in same situation as you. Forgeline seems to drop the ball on asking if the buyer wants to use tpms. Btw, I used stock tpms sensors from a Durango I bought off eBay. I made sure they would work for the viper tho.

    Uvbnbit is right, a machine shop can drill holes into the valve stem and it can work. That’s what I had to do. Fucking pain in the ass.
    Last edited by serpent; 04-04-2019 at 02:46 PM.

  8. #8
    Enthusiast stradman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    I was in same situation as you. Forgeline seems to drop the ball on asking if the buyer wants to use tpms. Btw, I used stock tpms sensors from a Durango I bought off eBay. I made sure they would work for the viper tho.

    Uvbnbit is right, a machine shop can drill holes into the valve stem and it can work. That’s what I had to do. Fucking pain in the ass.
    thanks for reply and maybe I'm thick, but I can't understand why drilling holes in the valve stem helps it sit on the forgelines?

  9. #9
    Enthusiast parabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    497
    I didn’t ask for anything on the GTD1’s I ordered from Nine Ball and my oem sensors fit without any issues. Exactly the same as Bryan’s fit. This is my third set of Forgelines and none have had the issue the OP outlined.
    Current: 2014 SRT Gunmetal Pearl w/Black Stripes

    Previous: 2005 Black SRT-10

  10. #10
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    uvbnbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nashvizzle TN
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    thanks for reply and maybe I'm thick, but I can't understand why drilling holes in the valve stem helps it sit on the forgelines?
    I think he meant the valve stem hole in wheel. not the stem itself.
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •