Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VOA Member
    since 2016
    Ohio
    We all know Barrett Jackson attains crazy prices. I sell original Gas Station items been doing so for decades hell the American Pickers call me for advice. If I can get $1,000 for a piece Barrett can get $1,750-$2,500 ALL the time no exaggeration here. Been watching this for years we all have. But it does drive the prices up else slowly. Vipers will continue to go up across the board I feel a little sooner than we might expect. Nothing wrong with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Oasis View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that ultimately the pure ACR-E will be worth more than the GTC 1 of 1 with the ACR option?
    Define "ultimately".

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Oasis View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that ultimately the pure ACR-E will be worth more than the GTC 1 of 1 with the ACR option?
    Yes

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Remember that a "pure ACR-E" only came in standard colors. No Stryker's, no wild metallics, no awesome matte finishes. You got the standard white, black, blue, silver, red that every MFG offers, every year. In fact, those were offered on every year of the Viper (as an aside, of those, I think the Silver tri-color cars that were the FCA banner cars for the ACR-E are the best, and would certainly be worth something if kept very low mile).

But how can you deny the value proposition of a Stryker purple with silver stripes (or something similar), of which there may be 1 or 2 cars out there? The fact that these are literally one and done factory examples is huge. We cannot overstate that, and you only have to look at the history of other special run cars to see it. Just imagine what a '63 Zora Z06 in a one-off color would be worth today! Priceless is the answer. So you bring up an interesting inquiry, but I think the production volume will dictate. Remember, these are all FCA built cars. We're not talking about some being "official" and others not. We're talking about option packages being added or not. Typically, greater options is also a good thing. I'm not aware of too many examples where fewer options had greater value in the secondary collector market.

As to Brad Wood selling his for $299k, that's great. In any market, if there is a desirable commodity, and if sellers hold firm on pricing, then prices elevate. With fewer cars, there are fewer sellers, and thus this becomes easier to do. '05-'06 FGT sells for $300k - $400k today because those are the only sellers. With so few cars out there in the ACR-E (did we calculate 800 vs. 4,000 for FGT '05/'06), you "should" see the same thing happen. Again, the caveat is that the commodity is desirable. But if so, once the cars end up with the "holders", and if those holders are only willing to sell at $268k, $299k, or whatever, then you're going to have to pay to play if you want one.

Which takes me to my last point -- ZR1. I've been keeping close tabs because I also would like to have the final year front engine (FE) ZR1. Well, GM just announced that production will cease for all FE Corvettes in June 2019. Now, there will be about 2,800 cars estimated built, which is obviously far greater than ACR-E, but also quite a bit less than FGT '05/'06. So, it's a tough call. But it is surely another historic piece, and this will be happening now with increasing regularity as we go through this unique transition phase from fossil fuels to electric, self driving, etc. So, what to do? What to do? I need more garage space
    Last edited by Scott_in_fl; 04-15-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Once again the yearly Barrett Jackson pricing derangement syndrome has set in.

*This result should give every vehicle owner pause.*
    https://www.hotrod.com/articles/fami...QeTPcqMfixMhlM

C'mon its metallic pea paint! Who the hell needs snakeskin green when you have that?! Plus, Clark Griswold's wife was kinda foxy. Does she come in the passenger seat? Lol. Guess BJ loved it though, as they made it their social media cover photo. Haha
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryskillzs View Post
    I’m going to disagree.

In 15 years, when we have electric cars ruling our lives, the gen x guys and millennials will be hitting their prime age with the most wealth will probably yearn for the best NA 6 speed v10 American sports car ever made, regardless of model since less than 4000 were made.

I’m 40 and have a lot of buddies that are big Into cars. All of them would buy a viper in a second if they had the means.

I could be wrong, but I’m probably not.

Now, will my Viper be a museum piece. Never. I track it 2-3 times a year. I put 1500-2000 miles on it. It’s not going to stop me from enjoying my Viper. I’m not concerned about resale, but if a person wraps up any model gen 5 and stores it away for 15 years, I’m confident they will fetch 200-300k at a BJ auction in 2034
    Large percentage of millennials don't give a hoot about driving let alone owning a car. Uber and Lyft.

Quote Originally Posted by Murpowa View Post
    Large percentage of millennials don't give a hoot about driving let alone owning a car. Uber and Lyft.
    Exactly... I’m planning on scoring some of my favs for huge discounts when all the current owners children fire-sale them...
    2006 SRT-10 Roadster
    Some parts thrown at it. Some parts thrown in it. Most parts thrown in the garage.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    ^^^ I'm not too sure about that. Most of the car events that I've been to have plenty of millennials. Most of the auto vloggers and YouTuber's making a killing out there are... you guessed it.... millennials.... Jake Paul, VVirgin, Shmee, Stradman, etc., etc., etc. -- and they love cars.

Don't be a sheep buying into the media BS that millennials suck, live at home, don't have two nickels to rub together, don't like nice cars, etc. You're buying into a propaganda story about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket and that everything you know and love is ending. It's not.

Need proof? Open your eyes. Are they building more or less million dollar homes in your city/state? Are car prices higher or lower than 10 years ago? Are your kids more knowledgeable about the world or less than you were at their age? We could go on forever.

C'mon folks. If you can purchase these cars, you should have enough of a brain to think for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_fl View Post
    Remember that a "pure ACR-E" only came in standard colors. No Stryker's, no wild metallics, no awesome matte finishes. You got the standard white, black, blue, silver, red that every MFG offers, every year. In fact, those were offered on every year of the Viper (as an aside, of those, I think the Silver tri-color cars that were the FCA banner cars for the ACR-E are the best, and would certainly be worth something if kept very low mile).

But how can you deny the value proposition of a Stryker purple with silver stripes (or something similar), of which there may be 1 or 2 cars out there? The fact that these are literally one and done factory examples is huge. We cannot overstate that, and you only have to look at the history of other special run cars to see it. Just imagine what a '63 Zora Z06 in a one-off color would be worth today! Priceless is the answer. So you bring up an interesting inquiry, but I think the production volume will dictate. Remember, these are all FCA built cars. We're not talking about some being "official" and others not. We're talking about option packages being added or not. Typically, greater options is also a good thing. I'm not aware of too many examples where fewer options had greater value in the secondary collector market.

As to Brad Wood selling his for $299k, that's great. In any market, if there is a desirable commodity, and if sellers hold firm on pricing, then prices elevate. With fewer cars, there are fewer sellers, and thus this becomes easier to do. '05-'06 FGT sells for $300k - $400k today because those are the only sellers. With so few cars out there in the ACR-E (did we calculate 800 vs. 4,000 for FGT '05/'06), you "should" see the same thing happen. Again, the caveat is that the commodity is desirable. But if so, once the cars end up with the "holders", and if those holders are only willing to sell at $268k, $299k, or whatever, then you're going to have to pay to play if you want one.

Which takes me to my last point -- ZR1. I've been keeping close tabs because I also would like to have the final year front engine (FE) ZR1. Well, GM just announced that production will cease for all FE Corvettes in June 2019. Now, there will be about 2,800 cars estimated built, which is obviously far greater than ACR-E, but also quite a bit less than FGT '05/'06. So, it's a tough call. But it is surely another historic piece, and this will be happening now with increasing regularity as we go through this unique transition phase from fossil fuels to electric, self driving, etc. So, what to do? What to do? I need more garage space
    I’ll go on record saying zero chance the ZR1 is a long term desirable car. They just don’t have the secret sauce. Rarity is only half the equation, the car has to be special too. They are not.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Two Questions:

#1 When is 1 of 1 really 1 of many 1's because every 1 has 1? Before this program, 1 of 1 meant something. Now it seems to be all I see advertised with the seller making the vehicle out to be something supper special. What does or should 1 of 1 really mean?

#2 This result should give every vehicle owner pause.
    https://www.hotrod.com/articles/fami...QeTPcqMfixMhlM
    Excellent question.

#1 1-of-1 only meant that a certain combination of options was not duplicated in that model year. Thus, if you changed the color of the seat belts, technically your car was 1-of-1 but looked like 20 other cars that had similar options but for the belts. I think what you're really interested in though, is how many other cars were painted matte white, or Stryker purple, or Riviera blue. That is the real question, and many of us with those cars have that information. If you have a genuine "one of a kind" car, then it is super special -- at least to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilmoth View Post
    $36k per car average profit seems a little optimistic to me. But I’m sure he did well.
    Hugely optimistic haha

My car,2016 was the only one built Stryker Purple with Billet silver GTS stripes, zero in 17 in this combo , i went base ACR. All carbon options
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1Koolasp 16ACR; 04-15-2019 at 07:31 PM.
    2016 ACR Stryker Purple With GTS Billet Stripes,,,, , 2014 White Grand Cherokee SRT-8 ,2019 Challenger, Plum Crazy Purple ,,, HELLCAT REDEYE,,,,, wide body on order !!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Koolasp 16ACR View Post
    My car was the only one built Stryker Purple with Billet silver GTS stripes, none in 17 , i went base ACR. All carbon options
    Now that looks amazing!
    1992 RT/10 - The One & Only FIRST
    2002 ACR - Graphite / Silver Stripe 1 of 22
    2017 GTS-R - The Most Amazing and The Last

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1107 View Post
    Gerry said it was for his kids. Maybe college tuition at that price. I remember when I broke the Gerry woods story on here, and for Jalopnik. 1st time on here, they deleted my post because Gerry wasn’t a sponsored dealer then put it back up.

I’m thinking GW made 5 million in profit on selling 138 Vipers.
    Dang!....that Gulf Livery car is now up to $349K on their site.

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post

If it sells at that price it helps all of us!
    2014 Stryker Green GTS Viper (every option!) all carbon fiber interior and TA exterior 2014 White Range Rover Full size (wife) 2005Nissan Xterra Off-road

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Southern California

Not trying to start a game of thrones white walker war buuuuuut:

Which car is the rarest and most valuable long term?

1. 2017 Gtsr?

2. 2017 ACR TA?
    2014 Stryker Green GTS Viper (every option!) all carbon fiber interior and TA exterior 2014 White Range Rover Full size (wife) 2005Nissan Xterra Off-road

VOA Member
    since 2015
    Southern California

I think the ACR TA short term next couple of years, then in 5-10 years GTSR.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

1. 2017 Gtsr?

2. 2017 ACR TA?
    Out of those two GTSR since it was a factory/OEM special edition.
    2016 Viper TA ~ ARH Headers/Exhaust/Arrow PCM ~ 11.1@129

I doubt any of the numbered SE cars will ever sell for less than sticker. (Especially owners like me who paid 127k) We've already seen some sell for tens of thousands of dollars over sticker. What's most remarkable is how this has occurred all within just a couple of years since production ceased. How long did it take the Ford GT to appreciate the way it did? Much longer than two years. It took Countach 1/4 century. Pretty good, for a Dodge.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpowa View Post
    Here’s 2 events you should look up.

#gridlife

#hyperfest

To say they don’t have an interest in cars, that’s very uninformed statement.

Track events like grid life and hyperfest were not around 20-30 years ago pre gen x and millennials. Try getting a ticket to run at one of these events, they sell out in a day.

Gen X set the tone with most cool shit and the millennials have followed eagerly.

The track and car show scene is loaded with these generations working on their c6 vette. Their new c7. A challenger... etc.

I would argue that hpde is the biggest it’s ever been due to millennials. I’m personal friends with a few directors of all of the major clubs that run events nationwide and when I ask them is this the best time ever for track signups, they all nod yes.

But, what do I know. I just see it with my own eyes, how about you?
    2015 Dodge Viper SRT...... 2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV... Kubota BX25D
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Crew....2003 Honda S2000... Honda Grom

Enthusiast
    ^^^ I'm not too sure about that. Most of the car events that I've been to have plenty of millennials. Most of the auto vloggers and YouTuber's making a killing out there are... you guessed it.... millennials.... Jake Paul, VVirgin, Shmee, Stradman, etc., etc., etc. -- and they love cars.

Don't be a sheep buying into the media BS that millennials suck, live at home, don't have two nickels to rub together, don't like nice cars, etc. You're buying into a propaganda story about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket and that everything you know and love is ending. It's not.

Need proof? Open your eyes. Are they building more or less million dollar homes in your city/state? Are car prices higher or lower than 10 years ago? Are your kids more knowledgeable about the world or less than you were at their age? We could go on forever.

C'mon folks. If you can purchase these cars, you should have enough of a brain to think for yourselves.
    Correct.
    2015 Dodge Viper SRT...... 2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV... Kubota BX25D
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Crew....2003 Honda S2000... Honda Grom

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Bawlin'....its an industry term.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Orange TA’s are without question the most desirable and valuable of the 2014 numbered TA’s and they made 93 of them so rarity doesn’t always matter. It’s not like 93 is a lot....less than two per state isn’t exactly commonplace.
    I'm curious why you say that as white, black and orange cars have all sold at about the same top price of just over $100k over the last year as discussed on this forum, excluding the black TA that sold at BJ for much more. I actually think the highest price was for a white TA. And more locally in Canada the higher priced ones have been black and whites. I don't see any trend other than TA buyers like the color they like and are willing to pay for it. Down the road who knows.
    2014 SRT Black TA. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    New England

1. 2017 Gtsr?

2. 2017 ACR TA?
    GTS-R of course

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast