shattered drivers side window

So my viper has been sitting in the garage like it always does....I was out of town on business for 4 weeks. Walked around to the driver side today and the entire driver side window is shattered. Removed what i could (thankfully the window tint kept most of it together in one piece but lots of glass inside the door.

I'm in Lake County Florida. Does anyone have any recommendations for a dodge dealership in the area where they actually work on vipers? No clue how this happened.
    2006 SRT10 Black Coupe

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Alabama/Tennessee
    That sucks, any enemies?
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Quote Originally Posted by blankline9 View Post
    So my viper has been sitting in the garage like it always does....I was out of town on business for 4 weeks. Walked around to the driver side today and the entire driver side window is shattered. Removed what i could (thankfully the window tint kept most of it together in one piece but lots of glass inside the door.

I'm in Lake County Florida. Does anyone have any recommendations for a dodge dealership in the area where they actually work on vipers? No clue how this happened.

Fields in Sanford works on Vipers but in reality you should just call someone like Safelite as I'm fairly sure they would be able to handle the job.

@99RT10--no enemies..lol. It's been locked in the garage and no one has been at my house.

@DEMOMAN--i was wondering if a regular glass place like safelite would be able to do it. My main concern is that i have read about breaking the plastic tabs off the interior door panels when people go to replace the window regulators and I'm obviously concerned about that happening when they replace the window. If it's at dodge and they break it then it's on them to fix it right? Not sure if safelite would do the same thing or not. Thanks for the advice, I guess i'll call around and see what i come up with.
    2006 SRT10 Black Coupe

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    The upper clips for panel removal aren’t hard to deal with you just need to know they are there. The tabs are metal and need pushed upon while pulling up on the panel. If you don’t work the tabs while lifting up the panel it will break it. Search for the window regulator thread on this forum. Good information on the panel removal.
    2010 ACR absolutely stock... well... kind of

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    I wish I was home I could help you. It's easy but the first time working with the door guts can be intimidating. Contact Ryan at Scharf's Auto. They can get you a replacement door glass for around $125 plus shipping.

So this was a known issue with some 2008 cars: https://www.viperclub.org/vca/thread...indows.619481/

I wasn't aware of this extending to earlier Vipers, so this may not be your exact issue, but your story pretty much identically matches what others have experienced.

Good luck with the fix.
    2008 SRT-10 Coupe - Venom Red Metallic w/ White Stripes
    High Flow Cats | Gen 5 Intake Manifold | HPTuners | 3.55s | MCS | Nth Moto Clutch | 11.04 @ 129.7, 1.81 60' (-100 ft DA, w/ 3.55s)

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Illinois (IL/WI & Other)
    Do you do any work on your car? It’s actually a pretty easy job if you are handy. I did my passenger regulator in about an hour which is about 40 minute longer than pulling the glass. I really wish I was in Florida as I would be happy to help. (Also wish I was there for the weather.)

Here is the how to if you do end up tackling it or you can advise a non viper specific mechanic. Just stop at the window part. https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...Install-GEN-IV
    Last edited by SilverACR; 4 Days Ago at 07:29 PM.
    2010 ACR absolutely stock... well... kind of

Thanks for the replies everyone....I do work on my own vehicles but for this one i'm just going to make the drive and drop it off at Fields in Sanford this weekend. If they try to charge me a ridiculous amount then i'm going to look into just doing it myself. I've been traveling a lot for business lately so the time i have to fiddle around with putting a new window in is limited. Plus i'm really apprehensive about breaking things....unfortunately in my world murphy and his damn law seem to be lurking at every turn.

Good looking out to those that recommended where to get replacement glass and for linking to the thread about replacing window regulators. I'll try to follow up next week after i get word from the dodge dealership.
    2006 SRT10 Black Coupe

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Michigan (Motor City Viper Owners)
    Check with Alex Macevicius as he may be able to do it on the side and save some dealer tax. He is the Viper tech at Fields and is also active on Facebook.

Good looking out. I was planning on seeing what they come back with for the quote to fix it. I'm dropping it off on saturday afternoon and I guess Alex is going to be the one looking at it on Monday. I had figured that if the dealership wants a ridiculous amount of money to do it that i would proposition Alex if he was interested in doing it on the side.
    2006 SRT10 Black Coupe