VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona

Tire Rack Ultimate Track Car Challenge 2019

This starts today and ends tomorrow. I see three Viper's in there. An ACR has the 3rd fastest time so far-
    http://racehero.io/events/nasa-ma-vi...lts/1073743166
    Look for Group A
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    A long haul from here, but it would be a blast. I would like to try and make it next year. You certainly should! Here is a video from last year of Wimble running the VIR full course in his stock 2017 ACR - running about the same times he is running today - only 3 seconds or so behind the superlite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRuNDXM3_pk. BTW, your new trailer looks great (and huge). You should post some photos.

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

Yeah, I know Luke is running there this weekend. Good luck to him!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    A long haul from here, but it would be a blast. I would like to try and make it next year. You certainly should! Here is a video from last year of Wimble running the VIR full course in his stock 2017 ACR - running about the same times he is running today - only 3 seconds or so behind the superlite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRuNDXM3_pk. BTW, your new trailer looks great (and huge). You should post some photos.

Pappy
    Hey Pappy! I'd consider it if they let you practice a couple sessions the day before? If you are serious, let's look into it. Would you run the ACR or the Vette?? Is Wimble on this forum? He's only a few seconds behind Adam Romito's tube chassis Challenger
    The new trailer is at the graphics shop right now getting Viper logo's! I'll post pics soon
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Hey Pappy! I'd consider it if they let you practice a couple sessions the day before? If you are serious, let's look into it. Would you run the ACR or the Vette?? Is Wimble on this forum? He's only a few seconds behind Adam Romito's tube chassis Challenger
    The new trailer is at the graphics shop right now getting Viper logo's! I'll post pics soon
    The UTCC has been on my bucket list for a while - better than the Ultimate Street Car Challenge with its rules and tire restrictions. I hope to have the Vette finished in time to get some track time this fall. My custom Fuel Safe fuel cell shipped today - yeah. There are a lot of events at VIR to get track time - again, just a long ways away. I think they do have practice sessions before the event. I saw they are doing "test and tune" today.

Pappy

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Savannah Little (total badass hottie by the way and a fast driver hehe) is there and ran a 2.02 so far. I competed against her at COTA Nasa Nationals and was 10-11 seconds ahead of her in my stock ACR. So I know my 9 liter would be way way faster than the 1st place car right now

Arizona Vipers,
    The first place car has 850 HP weight 3100 lbs was hitting a little over 185 on the backstretch. I am a Viper guy trough and trough. there is no factory built Viper that are going to run with him. he is also going through the corners just as fast or faster then any Viper will run. the track was slippery today no way to get really good times temps were 85-90 deg. That same car has been running VIR faster the Ben Keating did when he ran the UTCC in the past the track did not have that in it today.
    Second session of the day was in the rain. it is a great event you should make the trip. Hyperfest (UTCC) is a very large event. at the same time as the UTCC is going Nasa is racing. the pro drifters are racing. off road jeep trails are being run, lawn mower races three concerts.
    My best time on street tires is 1:53.8. I was running street tires today and could not get below 1:54.5 get to try one more time tomorrow with a knockout race 8 laps every lap the slowest 3 cars get black flagged and on the finale lap the last three car who ever runs the fastest lap wins. problem for me is temps will be in the 90's not sure if I will get to hot over 8 laps.
    got this today
    UTCC.jpg

Gary Wimble

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by 09 ACR View Post
    Arizona Vipers,
    The first place car has 850 HP weight 3100 lbs was hitting a little over 185 on the backstretch. I am a Viper guy trough and trough. there is no factory built Viper that are going to run with him. he is also going through the corners just as fast or faster then any Viper will run. Gary Wimble
    Gary, I hear what you are saying, but I wouldn't count Arizona Vipers out yet. His 9-liter car is heading toward 900 HP with the recent motor upgrades (13:1 compression, solid roller, shaft rockers, etc.) and he has the car down to around 2900#, cage included. It's not exactly a "factory built Viper", and he has a few NASA track records to show he is a contender. The only thing he is missing is experience at VIR. BTW, nice showing at UTCC today!

Pappy

Great showing Gary!! Nice lap time on street tires or otherwise!! Good luck tomorrow!!

VOA Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Congrats Gary, thanks for representing the Viper crowd! Best of luck tomorrow. Sorry to hear Luke had transmission issues.

Since it was mentioned, here's Ben's winning lap from the first time he won the event with a GT3-R in 2014. He came back and won the following year as well.
    Last edited by str5010; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:26 PM.
    -2008 Venom Red ACR Hardcore

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers,
    The first place car has 850 HP weight 3100 lbs was hitting a little over 185 on the backstretch. I am a Viper guy trough and trough. there is no factory built Viper that are going to run with him. he is also going through the corners just as fast or faster then any Viper will run. the track was slippery today no way to get really good times temps were 85-90 deg. That same car has been running VIR faster the Ben Keating did when he ran the UTCC in the past the track did not have that in it today.
    Second session of the day was in the rain. it is a great event you should make the trip. Hyperfest (UTCC) is a very large event. at the same time as the UTCC is going Nasa is racing. the pro drifters are racing. off road jeep trails are being run, lawn mower races three concerts.
    My best time on street tires is 1:53.8. I was running street tires today and could not get below 1:54.5 get to try one more time tomorrow with a knockout race 8 laps every lap the slowest 3 cars get black flagged and on the finale lap the last three car who ever runs the fastest lap wins. problem for me is temps will be in the 90's not sure if I will get to hot over 8 laps.
    got this today
    UTCC.jpg

Gary Wimble
    Nice showing dude on street tires that's incredible! If you are running 1.54 on street tires with a stock ACR, you would be deep into the 40's in my car on Michelin slicks. On tracks like this my "fast" Viper is about 5-6 seconds faster than my ACR on the same tires. Imagine adding almost 300hp to your car and taking 500lbs off. I've beat TA2 style cars running SB2 motors.
    How come you don't run slicks out there? Or at least Hoosiers? You would beat these guys!

Lap times a little slower today as predicted. David Moore in 3rd in his Comp Coupe. Adam in the Challenger in 2nd and with a slower time a GT3 Cup in 1st place in the shootout. SLC was DQ'd.

Not sure how the format works? Cars with slower laps placed higher. Not sure how that is in a TT?

Anyway it was a great showing by Gary on street tires!! Congratulations!!

If you get up to the Rendezvous Cable you will see firsthand how your 9.0 fares albeit not quite the same as VIR where your car could really stretch it's legs on 3 occasions. I think David Moore is planning on being there and he was only a touch quicker (less than 2 tenths) than Gary today.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Yeah I don't understand how they pick the winner either LOL. Fastest time should be the winner

This was a knock out style race each lap they black flagged the slowest 3 cars until they were down to the end. I was trying to run slow to not over heat every lap was running 1:56s thought I would stay there sand bagging until end and go for it. But my car was getting to hot so I pulled offf. Wish I could have keep going would have beat the cup car no issue it was 93 out and my car does not like that heat
    Last edited by 09 ACR; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:55 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    This was a knock out style race each lap they black flagged the slowest 3 cars until they were down to the end. I was trying to run slow to not over heat every lap was running 1:56s thought I would stay there sand bagging until end and go for it. But my car was getting to hot so I pulled offf. Wish I could have keep going would have beat the cup car no issue it was 93 out and my car does not like that heat
    Ok, now I understand. So it's not really the *FASTEST* track car in America, it's the fastest track car in america that can run full sessions. LOL. that's why I don't see any of the monster Nissan GTR's and other big power turbo cars that dominate Global Time Attack. Man I could have helped you with the heat/losing power issue. For this event you should have had the A/C condenser removed, this is a HUGE HUGE difference. I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve you can PM me for details, I don't really want to change the momentum of this thread.

On Friday it was the Ultimate Track Car Challenge this was the fastest one lap at any time during the day (after warm up) Saturday they wanted to add a twist and get rid of the one lap wonders. there always seems to be STI and EVOs that will show up with 1000 hp and can barley run one lap. that is for the UTCC. for the first time they also wanted to find out what car would run fastest for 20-30 min I liked what they did it was the best of both worlds. left there with fastest production car and street tire.
    UTCC fastest production car.jpg

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Central California
    Way to represent the Viper Nation. Congrats...!

How hot were you running, and after how long on the track?

Coolant temp was staying around 231 my oil got to 271 that was the one that I did not like and had to pull off. I will guess I was 12 min in running at 7/10s. Out door temp was about 93F.

Coolant temp was staying around 231 my oil got to 271 that was the one that I did not like and had to pull off. I will guess I was 12 min in running at 7/10s. Out door temp was about 93F.
    Interesting. Those temps not good though I guess. Are other heads and cams and 9.0's running these temps on track? Arizona(Cable) are you the same??

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    Interesting. Those temps not good though I guess. Are other heads and cams and 9.0's running these temps on track? Arizona(Cable) are you the same??
    My cars run ice cold on the track, but I've done many mods I've talked about in many forum posts. The #1 thing you can do is wrap your headers if you have headers. #2 is remove the A/C condenser it's covering up 70% of the radiator. 160* thermostat will let you idle at the grid at 160* instead of 210* and let you do at least half the session about 30* cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    I could be wrong but I do not think Gary's car is an H/C car? If it is I did not know that.

My car is now a H/C had it done over the winter