Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Oh boy, now the challenger guys are going to brag that their car can be a road course king.

Gary, Dave and Luke. Congratulations. Proud to see your names lit up and famous.
    -John

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    Oh boy, now the challenger guys are going to brag that their car can be a road course king.
    lmao! I don't think there's anything left on that car that's from a production Challenger. There's a really cool production one that's going to be at nasa nationals this year, Keven Wesley's- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWBoyQmxFw
    He was running rear 355 Kumho's front and rear, but recently switched to Toyo slicks
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    I just got the Grass Roots Motorsports issue with the results of this.
    Hey Gary I think you would have beat the Challenger if you were on Pirelli or Michelin slicks. He only had 3 seconds on you, slicks are worth at least that over your Kumho's. Just saving 80 lbs of rotating mass is HUGE let alone the grip.
    Any particular reason you would run the Kumho's there? What was your race weight?
    I agree I would have beat him on slicks. When I signed up you have to make a choice street or slicks. I thought someone would sign up with a low 1:40's car with slicks running with street tires would allow me to run in the only other class.

I am going to test Michelins and Pirellis back to back to see witch I like better. I have only run Pirellis. went I see witch one I like I will run this next year if my schedule allows for me to be there.
    Last edited by 09 ACR; 09-07-2019 at 09:50 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by 09 ACR View Post
    I agree I would have beat him on slicks. When I signed up you have to make a choice street or slicks. I thought someone would sign up with a low 1:40's car with slicks running with street tires would allow me to run in the only other class.

I am going to test Michelins and Pirellis back to back to see witch I like better. I have only run Pirellis. went I see witch one I like I will run this next year if my schedule allows for me to be there.
    This was the year we would have won in a doorslammer. I can't believe the fast prototypes didn't show up. Same thing happened to me last year at nasa nationals at COTA. I took my stock ACR to run TT1 class because the fastest Ginetta in the country was registered in TTU (1800 lbs, 700whp 468LSX, 2500 lbs downforce with very little drag etc) and sure enough he broke! I would have won for sure if I took my TTU car.
    I run the Michelin's just because the Pirelli's are way too expensive. The Pirelli's warm up WAY faster and are much lighter (You'll save 60 lbs over the Kumho's just in tires!)
    You just need to buy more wheels so you can switch classes on the fly!
    Hey at this event, if I came there next year without practicing beforehand, how many practice sessions would I be able to get? Any? Like do they let you pay to run Friday?
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

For the UTCC there real is no time for practice BUT with that said there is a NASA event running at the same time. it would make it a little busy but you could run both events at once and NASA has practice all day Friday getting ready for the race on Saturday (they also run TT's) you could run the UTCC and be practicing for the NASA event during the day. (I am planning to run the NASA event also next year) for UTCC you get four shots for a timed lap. if you really want to run this there is always a David Murry event that runs for two days a few weeks ahead of this event. David murry is a open track for the day run as much as you would like. most of the cars are IMSA (there will be many there with much faster cars, run lap times in the 1:30's and 1:40's) this really will allow you to paly with set-up and gives you lots of time to practice. I like going to his events. it brings a big smile to my face when I am in the top ten with my street car and they are there with 30 man teams spending $$$$

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    For the UTCC there real is no time for practice BUT with that said there is a NASA event running at the same time. it would make it a little busy but you could run both events at once and NASA has practice all day Friday getting ready for the race on Saturday (they also run TT's) you could run the UTCC and be practicing for the NASA event during the day. (I am planning to run the NASA event also next year) for UTCC you get four shots for a timed lap. if you really want to run this there is always a David Murry event that runs for two days a few weeks ahead of this event. David murry is a open track for the day run as much as you would like. most of the cars are IMSA (there will be many there with much faster cars, run lap times in the 1:30's and 1:40's) this really will allow you to paly with set-up and gives you lots of time to practice. I like going to his events. it brings a big smile to my face when I am in the top ten with my street car and they are there with 30 man teams spending $$$$
    So I could get like 4 full sessions on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    So I could get like 4 full sessions on Friday?
    Yes this is how it has been in the past

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Yes this is how it has been in the past
    Are you going next year for sure?

yes this is my plan. You have to be accepted BUT yes my intention is to be there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12