Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Since Ceramic Coating is not an inexpensive addition, I would be happy with finding exactly what you wanted ----especially since there were only 33 made and not all of them are even in the US? I am sure there are some in Canada and likely one or two have gotten shipped overseas, so I think you can consider yourself lucky! Enjoy my friend!!
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 19 Stores )

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    NY/CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    i purchased the white (#23) ebay TA for $95k about 6 weeks ago. 2900 miles and aside from the ceramic coating bone stock. the seller had it listed at $105k and told me that he only had 2 serious offers while it was listed. He also told me that Bernie offered to take it on consignment and that he thought that he could net the seller more than my offer but in the end he opted for the bird in hand.

i think $92-93 was the right number so i feel like i slightly overpaid but the car was what i wanted and was located reasonably close so i pulled the trigger.

id list it at 100 and see who comes calling.
    Congrats on the new purchase! I think you did good. I saw that one when it was listed....it looked great and had the right miles on it...and was tempting. So you think you paid a couple grand too much...that's a set of tires. No biggie. You got what you wanted.

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Three Z View Post
    i purchased the white (#23) ebay TA for $95k about 6 weeks ago. 2900 miles and aside from the ceramic coating bone stock. the seller had it listed at $105k and told me that he only had 2 serious offers while it was listed. He also told me that Bernie offered to take it on consignment and that he thought that he could net the seller more than my offer but in the end he opted for the bird in hand.

i think $92-93 was the right number so i feel like i slightly overpaid but the car was what i wanted and was located reasonably close so i pulled the trigger.

id list it at 100 and see who comes calling.
    Wow you got a good deal, congrats!!

Well I brought it in yesterday to have the little scratch on the exhaust outlet fixed and turns out my Xpel clear bra is covered under warranty so that is getting done too. So the 2 imperfections are fixed and it is back to brand new condition which makes it even harder to sell!
    2014 Viper TA #21
    1991 Porsche 911 Turbo

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Ontario

I can share that I sold my 2014 Viper TA #15 with about 5-6,000km back in Dec/18 picked up in Jan/19 for 125k CDN, not sure what that converts to in USD off hand.

It is funny that I also hear that the orange is the favourite one and sells for more, but I did not have any issues selling mine and while I did get some tire kickers (who doesn't?) I had two serious inquires and of course one stepped up and is the proud owner of that beautiful car.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2HP View Post
    I can share that I sold my 2014 Viper TA #15 with about 5-6,000km back in Dec/18 picked up in Jan/19 for 125k CDN, not sure what that converts to in USD off hand.

It is funny that I also hear that the orange is the favourite one and sells for more, but I did not have any issues selling mine and while I did get some tire kickers (who doesn't?) I had two serious inquires and of course one stepped up and is the proud owner of that beautiful car.
    That's equivalent to $92.5K

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth78 View Post
    That's equivalent to $92.5K

Looks way better in CDN .. LOL

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Looks way better in CDN .. LOL
    Hey Jay...and it is better since the MSRP was Cdn $120,480!
    2014 SRT Black TA. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Hey Jay...and it is better since the MSRP was Cdn $120,480!

Thanks Bruce ! Great point ! Honestly I think these cars are such a bargain for all the car you get for the money, even if they are now worth more than the sticker when it rolled off the line.

Have to catch up show you my new Viper, LOVING the Competition Blue TA2.0 ... Saw your post about maybe selling, I think enjoy that new machine you are looking at, but for a driver machine the love for that Viper of yours, I recommend keeping it ! I'm pretty sure the moment it leaves, you'll regret letting go of the fob.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Have to catch up show you my new Viper, LOVING the Competition Blue TA2.0 ...
    That's awesome...looking forward to seeing it! Maybe you should book the next JRP Speed Therapy day at Mosport on July 15th and join us Did you buy the one at World Fine Cars?
    2014 SRT Black TA. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!

VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central North Florida

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
    I wonder who the owner was. Since thats in Norcal, I wonder if they lived in south sj. I saw one thinking I had the only viper on the block. Then my jaw dropped when I saw this OTA. The TA I saw was dirty AF tho. Maybe another OTA in the bay area (or near it, including sharmut's TA).

Also keep in mind that apparently the 2014 TA has better/stiffer rear shock valving than the 2015+ TA 1.0 and 2.0. I was told by Eric Messley at EMI Racing that he assisted Dodge and Randy Pobst with the tuning of the suspension on the 2014 TA to make sure it would beat the C6 ZR1 and set record lap times. Eric stated that the rear shocks on the 2014 TA were tuned for performance on the track. Once the 2014 TA was produced and had beaten the C6 ZR1, future TA's (1.0 AND 2.0 packages) were given softer rear shocks for comfort to appeal to the consumer more. I was told the rear springs were not changed between different model years (Unsure if rear springs are different between 1.0 and 2.0), and front shocks and springs are identical across all TA models and all years.

The part number for the rear shocks on the 2014 TA is discontinued and superseded by the "Softer" 2015+ TA rear shock. That would mean that the only way to get the "Performance" rear TA shock is to buy a 2014 TA, get 2014 TA take offs, find somebody to revalve/tune a current shock, or go aftermarket and not worry about any of it.
    I know Eric is a credible source and he's worked with Dodge and Randy Pobst in the past, but I have also not seen this info in writing anywhere else. Take it how you will.
    -2014 Orange Viper TA #68/93: Arrow PCM/Full ARH exhaust with cats (Coated and wrapped)/DSE single sealed catch can/ DSE airbox heatshield/K&N air filter/18 speaker upgrade
    Previous: 2004 Subaru WRX premium in World Rally Blue fully STI swapped 530whp 520wtq

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    I knew that SRT had hired Randy to refine the suspension of the '14 TA after his criticism of the 2013's he tested. I hadn't heard that subsequent year's TA Package and Group cars were softened but that wouldn't surprise me in the least. I would say though that the '14 is still quite compliant and comfortable, and we've done a number of very long road trips in ours and never found it punishing or uncomfortable unless the road was really bad.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Slicker View Post
    Also keep in mind that apparently the 2014 TA has better/stiffer rear shock valving than the 2015+ TA 1.0 and 2.0. I was told by Eric Messley at EMI Racing that he assisted Dodge and Randy Pobst with the tuning of the suspension on the 2014 TA to make sure it would beat the C6 ZR1 and set record lap times. Eric stated that the rear shocks on the 2014 TA were tuned for performance on the track. Once the 2014 TA was produced and had beaten the C6 ZR1, future TA's (1.0 AND 2.0 packages) were given softer rear shocks for comfort to appeal to the consumer more. I was told the rear springs were not changed between different model years (Unsure if rear springs are different between 1.0 and 2.0), and front shocks and springs are identical across all TA models and all years.

The part number for the rear shocks on the 2014 TA is discontinued and superseded by the "Softer" 2015+ TA rear shock. That would mean that the only way to get the "Performance" rear TA shock is to buy a 2014 TA, get 2014 TA take offs, find somebody to revalve/tune a current shock, or go aftermarket and not worry about any of it.
    I know Eric is a credible source and he's worked with Dodge and Randy Pobst in the past, but I have also not seen this info in writing anywhere else. Take it how you will.
    Its crazy that Dodge wanted to take the older ZR1 down and kept the stock corsas. If they were really serious they would have put cup2s on the TA. But the Cup2s will do worse on the street, only better on track.

I knew that SRT had hired Randy to refine the suspension of the '14 TA after his criticism of the 2013's he tested. I hadn't heard that subsequent year's TA Package and Group cars were softened but that wouldn't surprise me in the least. I would say though that the '14 is still quite compliant and comfortable, and we've done a number of very long road trips in ours and never found it punishing or uncomfortable unless the road was really bad.
    I agree, my 2014 is a great ride for the car that it is and long road trips are no problem. I'm only 25 years old, but even my parents don't complain about the ride. Only the noise hahaha.
    But i'm glad I have the performance since i'm ok with the stiffer ride.
    -2014 Orange Viper TA #68/93: Arrow PCM/Full ARH exhaust with cats (Coated and wrapped)/DSE single sealed catch can/ DSE airbox heatshield/K&N air filter/18 speaker upgrade
    Previous: 2004 Subaru WRX premium in World Rally Blue fully STI swapped 530whp 520wtq

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Ontario

That's awesome...looking forward to seeing it! Maybe you should book the next JRP Speed Therapy day at Mosport on July 15th and join us Did you buy the one at World Fine Cars?
    No that Blue Viper went to Nova Scotia to a YouTube guy that makes a living doing video gaming online. Man I didn't know you could make such an awesome living playing video games and have people watch on YouTube. Man this hard labour stuff is overrated LOL

I got mine from Kris

I'm doing a track day with Hanson on the 21st, with my shoulder taking the longer road to healing I didn't book more than one this year ... Although I was disappointed that we didn't have a Viper only day booked like last year, that was just an amazing introduction to the Viper group.

Are you keeping your TA ?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario

I'm doing a track day with Hanson on the 21st, with my shoulder taking the longer road to healing I didn't book more than one this year ... Although I was disappointed that we didn't have a Viper only day booked like last year, that was just an amazing introduction to the Viper group.

Are you keeping your TA ?
    Hanson runs a good day!

I've mostly used the TA for road trips and the 911 Turbo S is replacing it AND my daily driver for both of those uses!
    So I've been considering selling the TA...but to buy a dedicated track car. Since my Viper track buddies all track ACR-Es I'm thinking that would be a good way to go! So I'll either keep the TA or go ACR-E.

Anybody looking for a very well maintained TA??? PM me for details.

Hope your shoulder heals well Jay, and I'll drop by on the 21st if I can to see the new Viper!

Bruce

Well seems I am going to list it when I have the clear bra replaced. Just went in yesterday and will take some time. Think will ask $110k and see if there is interest. 3800 miles, no mods, no stories. But will post a full thread in for sale section when finished.
    2014 Viper TA #21
    1991 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    I wonder who the owner was. Since thats in Norcal, I wonder if they lived in south sj. I saw one thinking I had the only viper on the block. Then my jaw dropped when I saw this OTA. The TA I saw was dirty AF tho. Maybe another OTA in the bay area (or near it, including sharmut's TA).
    Don't think it was me.. South San Jose as well. Haven't driven in a while and my baby only goes out looking perfect! haha Black TA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12