Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Newest toy

  1. #1
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Rand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    125

    Newest toy

    I recently sold my 1965 427 AC Cobra (Unique Motorcars reproduction) that I enjoyed for the past 18 years.
    It made room in my garage for my latest acquisition, a 2005 Ford GT. It is stock with a 5.4L V8 with a supercharger and is rated by Ford at 550HP but most owners have found the actual HP is closer to 600. It's MPH shift points are very close to my 2010 ACR. Both are a lot of fun to drive!IMG_GT2.jpg

  2. #2
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Alabama/Tennessee
    uvbnbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nashvizzle TN
    Posts
    667
    Nice!
    2017 GTS Competition Blue
    1998 RT/10 Silver 6.5 Roe S/C, 1.7 HS RR's, Roe Hi-Flow Cats, B & B Headers/3" exhaust, 3.33, Eibachs, SRT front brake upgrade, Toms 40mm rear upgrade .....

  3. #3
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Arizona
    LifeIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Viper Drive, AZ
    Posts
    733
    Very nice. I'm jealous.
    2001 VRY RT/10

  4. #4
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

    Supporting Vendor
    Nine Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,989
    The only Ford I'd love to buy! I'll have one someday.

    Tony
    www.DV8motoring.com
    2014 Viper TA white #10/33 | 2013 Viper - 10.97 @ 127 mph - First 10 second Gen 5 (sold)
    2006 Viper - 9.48 @ 154 mph - 209 mph 1 mile - 187 mph 1/2-mile
    .


  5. #5
    Enthusiast ky13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
    Very nice. I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
    The only Ford I'd love to buy! I'll have one someday.
    Both of these haha. Congrats OP!
    2004 SRT10 Convertible

    kritchie@redhat.com

  6. #6
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Rand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    125
    Thanks to all! If you enjoy movies and cars, I understand a new movie is due to come out later this month telling the story of Henry Ford II and Carol Shelby (played by Matt Damon) and the building and racing of the original 1966 Ford GT and how it beat Ferrari at LeMans. It should be a good movie and filled with cars...

  7. #7
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Rand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    125
    I was mistaken on the Ford vs Ferrari movie release date, it is scheduled for November 15th...

  8. #8
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,261
    Badass dude. I've got the same car, same color! I put a 4.0 whipple on mine it makes 820whp. Are you going to keep it stock?
    I might sell mine soon if anyone is interested let me know.
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  9. #9
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    I was mistaken on the Ford vs Ferrari movie release date, it is scheduled for November 15th...
    I just saw the previews for that movie last night at the movies. It looks really good! Here's the trailer- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdSN7__uzyM
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  10. #10
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Rand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    125
    Hey Arizona! I had not checked this thread in awhile, so sorry for the late reply. My GT is stock and if I make any mods, changing the boost would be my first choice. The car already has plenty of power for my needs, but more is always better! What is prompting you to sell? If you are not a member of the Ford GT forum, it is a great place to let others know you are considering selling.
    Several folks on the GT forum have hooked up with movie theaters and will be displaying their cars when the movie is first shown. Not sure I would trust having mine on display unless someone responsible is watching...

  11. #11
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    Hey Arizona! I had not checked this thread in awhile, so sorry for the late reply. My GT is stock and if I make any mods, changing the boost would be my first choice. The car already has plenty of power for my needs, but more is always better! What is prompting you to sell? If you are not a member of the Ford GT forum, it is a great place to let others know you are considering selling.
    Several folks on the GT forum have hooked up with movie theaters and will be displaying their cars when the movie is first shown. Not sure I would trust having mine on display unless someone responsible is watching...

    That's one setting these forum administrators need to change, they need to set it so when you post or reply to a thread it automatically subscribes you like most other forums!
    I should sell it because it just sits there. But I've been saying that for years hehe. Man I wouldn't display it. Everyone peaks in the windows with zippers/buttons etc. I did a standing mile event in this car and while it was sitting there it got scratches all down the side. I think it was from people carrying stuff back and forth between cars it was a packed paddock. Had to buff it out. I'm a member of the Ford GT forum, I just don't get on there much.
    How do you like the car?
    2013 caged 9.0 liter, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2018 AMG GTR, 2005 Ford GT, 2019 Megacab Dually

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    That's one setting these forum administrators need to change, they need to set it so when you post or reply to a thread it automatically subscribes you like most other forums!
    I should sell it because it just sits there. But I've been saying that for years hehe. Man I wouldn't display it. Everyone peaks in the windows with zippers/buttons etc. I did a standing mile event in this car and while it was sitting there it got scratches all down the side. I think it was from people carrying stuff back and forth between cars it was a packed paddock. Had to buff it out. I'm a member of the Ford GT forum, I just don't get on there much.
    How do you like the car?
    I have a buddy that buys and sells Ford GTs. If you want to sell it, he'll shoot you a cash offer.

  13. #13
    VOA Member
    since 2017
    Alabama/Tennessee
    Rand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    125
    I love the car! I took the GT to Cars N Coffee this morning, there were around 1000-1200 cars today due to great weather. There were at least 6 people who came up to me and said they liked my car better than any other car there. Parked next to mine was a Lambo Aventador that probably cost between $500K - $600K so I took that as a real compliment. I find lots of similarities between the GT and Viper. They both have plenty of torque (Viper has a bit more), they both put out about 600hp, they both are 6 speeds and the shift speeds to RPM are close, they are both 200mph cars, etc. My ID on the GT Forum is GTinTN if you ever want to communicate on that forum.
    Good luck with what ever you decide, but it would really be hard for me to give up either the Viper or GT!!!


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •