Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas

Viper Winery Tour

On Saturday, September 14th we'll slither to the Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC. Shelton Vineyards is approximately a 2 hour ride from the Triangle and 1.5 hours from Charlotte. Our day will begin with a tour of the winery at noon which concludes with a private tasting of their Reserve wines paired with a cheese board in the Barrel Cave. Each attendee will also receive a crystal Riedel Wine Glass as a souvenir. After the tasting we enjoy the beautiful grounds of the vineyard. We will then conclude the relaxing day with dinner at the Harvest Grill which is onsite. After dinner you may head home or make it a weekend getaway and stay at the Hampton Inn located at the edge of the vineyard.

The tour and tasting is $25/pp and the club is paying the balance.
    We will have a group dinner following that will be member paid. (Entrees are $25-40)

The registration deadline is September 7th. If you plan to attend, please register using the PayPal link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=NZCUUCKBMEHV6

*** A BIG THANK YOU to Larry & Trish Martof for organizing this event for us !***

Additional information:
    Shelton Vineyards

Hampton Inn

Look forward to seeing y'all there!
    Last edited by Brian GTS; 08-27-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    So far we have:

Larry & Trish
    Brian & Janelle
    Dylan & Kirsten
    Patrick & Tara
    Lon & Guest (New member from CA, welcome!)
    Tom & Diane
    Ed & Guest
    John & Katie
    Dan & Guest
    Last edited by Brian GTS; 08-30-2019 at 12:22 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Tom and Diane are signed up. We will be staying overnight.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Ed and guest are signed up. Overnight TBD.
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

Maybe in the future you guys could schedule a drive to a brewery in Asheville. Plenty cool places to choose from with great driving to be had in that area prior. I'd attend that... Hope you have fun at the winery.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperNC View Post
    Maybe in the future you guys could schedule a drive to a brewery in Asheville. Plenty cool places to choose from with great driving to be had in that area prior. I'd attend that... Hope you have fun at the winery.
    We're heading to Asheville mid-October to visit Biltmore and do some great driving too!

Updated List:

Larry & Trish
    Brian & Janelle
    Dylan & Kirsten
    Patrick & Tara
    Tom & Diane
    Ed & Terry
    John & Katie
    Dan & Guest
    Adam & Guest
    Matt & Abby
    Last edited by Brian GTS; 09-08-2019 at 09:06 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    The hard thing about doing an event at a brewery or micro brewery in Asheville, is parking and the limited number of customers allowed inside at one time. Most of the them are very small 20-30 at the most and in the past the owners were not willing to close down from their local customers to accommodate us. This may have changed recently but when I called a couple of years ago...no one wanted to budge. Don't blame them, I would not want to offended my regular customers for a one visit.

On a side note if you become a VOA member in September (Call and verify), you get the benefit of being a member for the rest of the 2019 calendar and all of next year.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaViper View Post
    The hard thing about doing an event at a brewery or micro brewery in Asheville, is parking and the limited number of customers allowed inside at one time. Most of the them are very small 20-30 at the most and in the past the owners were not willing to close down from their local customers to accommodate us. This may have changed recently but when I called a couple of years ago...no one wanted to budge. Don't blame them, I would not want to offended my regular customers for a one visit.

On a side note if you become a VOA member in September (Call and verify), you get the benefit of being a member for the rest of the 2019 calendar and all of next year.

Jeff
    I'm considering the membership... would like to meet some members first though. My wife and I tend to enjoy craft beer more than wine (although she does drink wine... I don't). Sierra Nevada near the AVL airport has a huge lot and an amazing venue. I'm sure they would reserve some parking spots. Oskar Blues in Brevard would be a great location as well (minus the gravel lot) but great beer. Another great location to visit would be Highlands, NC and stay at the Old Edwards Inn/Spa. Love that area along with wonderful twisty roads for spirited driving.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Ed and guest are signed up. Overnight TBD.
    Ed and Terry have booked our room. Who's driving from the Charlotte area?
    2015 Comp Blue TA 2.0 #001

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    FINAL List:

Larry & Trish
    Brian & Janelle
    Dylan & Kirsten
    Patrick & Tara
    Tom & Diane
    Ed & Terry
    John & Katie
    Dan & Guest
    Adam & Guest
    Matt & Abby
    Adam & Guest
    Last edited by Brian GTS; 09-08-2019 at 09:43 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Carolinas

Now that Tara and I have a kid, we need to plan our days/nights with more precision...

Who from the Raleigh-Triangle area wants to meet and cruise together (besides Larry and Trish as they are going up early)?

Based on response, we can come up with a good meeting spot and time Saturday morning as tour starts at 12pm.

From the list myself, John D, Dylan, and Brian who are local to Raleigh area that I know of. Matthew coming from Sanford. Ed is going from Charlotte. Tom from VA. Adam F from up that way. Not sure about Lon, Dan, or the other Adam. Let us know guys! Thanks!

Patrick
    Last edited by VIPERD; 09-08-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    2006 Viper SRT-10 Convertible | #GOTBIT
    Patrick McCoy | Apex, NC near Beaver Creek
    IG @patrick_m_mccoy

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Carolinas
    Kirsten and I are up for driving with yall

Dylan
    When seconds count - lose a finger; it's extra weight! Who needs 10 anyway?

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    Going to Raleigh first adds over an hour to my trip. I'll be coming up 421from Sanford thru Greensboro. So we can plan a time to intersect in Greensboro somewhere or even get br/unch before the vineyard.
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe

Regional Secretary
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Carolinas
    I'm considering the membership... would like to meet some members first though. My wife and I tend to enjoy craft beer more than wine (although she does drink wine... I don't). Sierra Nevada near the AVL airport has a huge lot and an amazing venue. I'm sure they would reserve some parking spots. Oskar Blues in Brevard would be a great location as well (minus the gravel lot) but great beer. Another great location to visit would be Highlands, NC and stay at the Old Edwards Inn/Spa. Love that area along with wonderful twisty roads for spirited driving.
    I will definitely be hitting some breweries while in Asheville for biltmore. Always gotta stop at the funkatorium and burial. We have alot of craft beer drinkers in the club. We all oftenly meet up at breweries in the Raleigh area.

Side note almost up to 2000 on untapped.
    98 GTS (sold)
    14 GTS (sold)
    06 coupe

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Tom and Diane are going up a day early. We are headed there Friday to view some property.

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    Thoughts on meeting at the Sheetz in Mebane, NC for those coming from the EAST?

VOA Member
    since 2017
    Carolinas

Brian, John D, Matthew, and Dylan... sent you all a group text. Cheers! See you all tomorrow.
    2006 Viper SRT-10 Convertible | #GOTBIT
    Patrick McCoy | Apex, NC near Beaver Creek
    IG @patrick_m_mccoy

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Carolinas
    For those of you who registered and are attending the Shelton Vineyards winery tour tomorrow, September 14th, the itinerary is as follows:

286 Cabernet Ln
    Dobson, NC 27017

12:00pm - Shelton Vineyards Winery Tour
    4:00pm - Dinner at Harvest Grill (on-site)
    6:00pm - Head home or socialize