Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Ah.... sucks. Oh well. At least it's yours originally and has no issues, confirmed! Gonna try to sneak out to Sonoma on Saturday and watch TKO play with their GT3-RS! I'll post some pics, if so!

-Brian
    Northern CA VOA Operations Director ****** 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on...
    @acr_ish and @fivehundrednorth (dot com) on IG

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Look what September-Clause brought me!

IMG_2103.jpg
    Northern CA VOA Operations Director ****** 2014 SRT Viper - Full APR Aero - BC Racing Coil Overs - Forgeline GA3R-6 - and the list goes on...

Enthusiast
    well plug it in! we wanna know if it works haha

Looks like an under dash mount. can't wait for your results!

VOA Member
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO MOTORSPORTS TEAM View Post
    Module setup/configuration methodology. It will be built specifically to fit the viper not a one size fits all. Our " auto blip" aka: rev match is the same hardware as we use in our GT3R racecars. Waterproof billet aluminum case , water proof connectors...basically bombproof racecar stuff. Software we are still working on but it will be very user friendly and have the ability to work with data logging.
    Does the unit integrated/connect through the vehicle's wiring or connect to the ODB2 connector? In my case, the former is preferred since my ODB2 connector is occupied by a Racelogic HD2, unless an ODB2 splitter can be used to allow both devices to operate simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by ACR-ISH View Post

IMG_2103.jpg
    Nice! Let us know

IMG_2103.jpg
    "9 Hours Ago"
    What's taking so long .. 5 minute install, report back ... my credit card is waiting, lol

lolol you guys are killer.

I'm intrigued as well! Let's hear the results!

BEFORE YOU INSTALL!

Go drive your car around, do a few hits...then come back and install, then go straight back out and try it again! If you install, and you haven't driven in a day or two, you'll have a placebo effect.

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post

BEFORE YOU INSTALL!

Go drive your car around, do a few hits...then come back and install, then go straight back out and try it again! If you install, and you haven't driven in a day or two, you'll have a placebo effect.
    ^^^ Excellent point. The scientific method in full force on the Viper forum!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Quebec

BEFORE YOU INSTALL!

Yes, that old placebo effect is no joke ! I'm already convinced !!!
    Claude, '16 GTC-TA2.0 Black, Arrow PCM, Belanger, AR mufflers, 3.91 gears, UP Pulley
    '13 Viper GTS/Track pack, White / '19 GLC63S AMG / '17 Porsche 911 TTS Cabrio / '12 Harley FLH SE built 135 ci

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California

BEFORE YOU INSTALL!

EXACTLY the plan. Will video both, as well as tip in off idle and rolling. Quit spooling your turbos, I need some good videos to give you some accurate feedback! Jeeze, you guys are wolves!

I'll try to get out tonight, will post by tomorrow afternoon at worst!

soltic
    Marty has the programming in the JMS unit itself been changed?

Jeeze, you guys are wolves!
    So true.

Veteran Viper Wolves that can smell BS (and fear) from miles and miles away.
    Last edited by viperBase1; 09-29-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    2008 Viper SRT-10 Very Viper Orange Coupe * The Orange Lure (Black On Orange)
    2015 Porsche - Mid-Engine Cayman w/PDK / Black * The Black Caiman (Orange On Black)

wow praying this helps, the stock throttle tip in so horrible makings for fast shifting very bad. In for review. If it works as intended lets see a group buy, have a feeling a lot of people we be purchasing one including myself. Really want to hear more from tuners regarding this type of product vs what can be changed via tuning) Keep us posted please.
    Last edited by ViperGTS14; 09-29-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    2014 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS14 View Post
    wow praying this helps, the stock throttle tip in so horrible makings for fast shifting very bad. In for review. If it works as intended lets see a group buy, have a feeling a lot of people we be purchasing one including myself. Really want to hear more from tuners regarding this type of product vs what can be changed via tuning) Keep us posted please.
    I'd gladly join a group buy if these do what we're all hoping the do.

Subscribed!

This voids your warranty though?
    2017 Viper GTC TA 1.0 aero (1 of 1) ; 2016 Shelby GT350 R ; 2015 Sublime Challenger Hellcat A8; 2019 Durango SRT Octane Red

VOA Member
    since 2016
    Houston
    EXACTLY the plan. Will video both, as well as tip in off idle and rolling. Quit spooling your turbos, I need some good videos to give you some accurate feedback! Jeeze, you guys are wolves!

I'll try to get out tonight, will post by tomorrow afternoon at worst!
    Any update? The crowd of wolves is getting larger!
    '14 Black Viper SRT TA #14
    [Previous] '08 Black Viper SRT-10 Coupe

We were promised results yesterday afternoon!

VOA Member
    since 2019
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    We were promised results yesterday afternoon!
    Hope I'm wrong, but you know what they say... if it sounds too good to be true....

soltic
    Hoping that Marty from TKO can respond to my query re if the JMS unit has been modified in programming.

If programming is unchanged, I don't need the hard-mounting accessories and without them it appears the unit is $50 cheaper if ordered direct from JMS... Maybe TKO could match the JMS price and ditch the hard-mount for those who don't need it so we can give TKO the biz?

I did some research and the most info gained was through a Mustang forum where the common review is yes it works and is noticeable.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ax-wow-532860/

There was one post where a very cautious person reminded everyone that failure of the JMS unit could result in uncontrolled throttle operation - he was called out as "Chicken Little", however it is of note. Post #48: https://themustangsource.com/forums/...3/#post6871217
    Last edited by soltic; 09-30-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Group buys for a product that is relatively inexpensive to begin with are kinda ridiculous. If we keep nickel and diming the vendors that are willing to produce things for a platform that is no longer built, we're going to dig ourselves in a hole that we can't get out of.

BUT, c'mon man. Let's hear the results!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Phase View Post
    Subscribed!

This voids your warranty though?
    It should not. It's not "detectable" by the ECU or otherwise. No footprint. Unless I understood wrong, but I don't think so.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    BUT, c'mon man. Let's hear the results!
    Okay... RESULTS:

Best. Money. Spent. EVER.

I'll work on posting videos, but for complete transparency I don't know how well the video translates the real world experience so I'll do my best to sum it up grammatically and post some vids after. Here's my complete run-down.

The Install: No bullshit, 13 minutes, in a parking lot in front of a furniture store. Why? So I got some vids of before the install, then stopped to install the controller to test Marty's "5 minute install." Now, if you're 5'10" and a buck sixty, that timing is probably accurate... but an inch shorter and 40lbs of muscle heavier, I can't squeeze under my dash well. The unit installed in 30 seconds. I didn't rivet the bracket, I double side taped the unit to the trans tunnel with the supplied 3m stickies. Worked like magic, no issues. Subsequently, spent the next 11 minutes tucking the wiring and running the controller's lead to the unit and installing it. Reconnected the battery. I still need to mount the adjuster, my dash is too slick for double side tape, even the 3M variety.

First Start: Produced a CEL. There are instructions to rid yourself of it. Just follow them and keep driving the car. The CEL went off after the first drive. Parked. Had a beer. No more CEL. Maybe having a brewski is the true fix? I'd ship that!

Driving: When I say the throttle is sensitive... I mean like clitoris-rivaling sensitive. HOLY SHIT, guys. Marty sent me %s for different driving situations and I thought it odd he said 20-50% for road racing... now I get it! Sensitive is an understatement to what this product achieves. I would lean towards PRECISE, and touchy above 50%. You can breath on the pedal and response will slap you in the forehead. I am beyond impressed.

Down shifting and heel toe is SPOT-ON. It revs up so quickly I had to chill a bit. Rollers, turned up to 100%, the car is insane. It throttles up so quickly it will actually give you flames in some situations when you throttle hard and back out. I kept it turned to about 30% for the rest of my back roads drive. It was sensitive enough to be precise, but didn't steer me into any trees, which I appreciated like hell.

It also makes the car a lot more to drive around town. With the increased throttle pick up, the flywheel lag seems to be 80% alleviated. It is responsive and quick to accelerate. Shifts are better, more precise. It pulls hard. It's amazing. If any of you drive diesels and have installed a stealth module, think of it akin to that, but with the option to be even touchier, if desired. ALSO... it did take about 5 minutes of driving before it became noticeable. Marty may want to jump in and explain why, or maybe it's normal... but first impression was: did it do anything? And within a few minutes it became RIDICULOUSLY obvious, yes... yes sir, it did.

I did not install the hot lead to light up the indicator. As Marty mentioned: "It will be VERY obvious it's working, the LED isn't bright, and the unit is hidden, so it's almost a moot point to install it."

I would be inclined to agree that all the fancy bracketry is not necessarily needed, but in fairness, some will choose to mount it as instructed, some wont. I can't think of anything else, specifically, to go over, so if you have a question just fire away. 5 stars, two thumbs up, even yours kids could install it, consider it an investment, my car is now fun to drive... ALWAYS. Looking forward to some more driving!

Okay... RESULTS:

Best. Money. Spent. EVER.

I'll work on posting videos, but for complete transparency I don't know how well the video translates the real world experience so I'll do my best to sum it up grammatically and post some vids after. Here's my complete run-down.

The Install: No bullshit, 13 minutes, in a parking lot in front of a furniture store. Why? So I got some vids of before the install, then stopped to install the controller to test Marty's "5 minute install." Now, if you're 5'10" and a buck sixty, that timing is probably accurate... but an inch shorter and 40lbs of muscle heavier, I can't squeeze under my dash well. The unit installed in 30 seconds. I didn't rivet the bracket, I double side taped the unit to the trans tunnel with the supplied 3m stickies. Worked like magic, no issues. Subsequently, spent the next 11 minutes tucking the wiring and running the controller's lead to the unit and installing it. Reconnected the battery. I still need to mount the adjuster, my dash is too slick for double side tape, even the 3M variety.

First Start: Produced a CEL. There are instructions to rid yourself of it. Just follow them and keep driving the car. The CEL went off after the first drive. Parked. Had a beer. No more CEL. Maybe having a brewski is the true fix? I'd ship that!

Driving: When I say the throttle is sensitive... I mean like clitoris-rivaling sensitive. HOLY SHIT, guys. Marty sent me %s for different driving situations and I thought it odd he said 20-50% for road racing... now I get it! Sensitive is an understatement to what this product achieves. I would lean towards PRECISE, and touchy above 50%. You can breath on the pedal and response will slap you in the forehead. I am beyond impressed.

Down shifting and heel toe is SPOT-ON. It revs up so quickly I had to chill a bit. Rollers, turned up to 100%, the car is insane. It throttles up so quickly it will actually give you flames in some situations when you throttle hard and back out. I kept it turned to about 30% for the rest of my back roads drive. It was sensitive enough to be precise, but didn't steer me into any trees, which I appreciated like hell.

It also makes the car a lot more to drive around town. With the increased throttle pick up, the flywheel lag seems to be 80% alleviated. It is responsive and quick to accelerate. Shifts are better, more precise. It pulls hard. It's amazing. If any of you drive diesels and have installed a stealth module, think of it akin to that, but with the option to be even touchier, if desired. ALSO... it did take about 5 minutes of driving before it became noticeable. Marty may want to jump in and explain why, or maybe it's normal... but first impression was: did it do anything? And within a few minutes it became RIDICULOUSLY obvious, yes... yes sir, it did.

I did not install the hot lead to light up the indicator. As Marty mentioned: "It will be VERY obvious it's working, the LED isn't bright, and the unit is hidden, so it's almost a moot point to install it."

I would be inclined to agree that all the fancy bracketry is not necessarily needed, but in fairness, some will choose to mount it as instructed, some wont. I can't think of anything else, specifically, to go over, so if you have a question just fire away. 5 stars, two thumbs up, even yours kids could install it, consider it an investment, my car is now fun to drive... ALWAYS. Looking forward to some more driving!
    Thanks for your effort and time! I'm super happy to hear that it does what we're looking for it to do, sounds like a no-brainer purchase.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2019
    Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomapollyon View Post
    Thanks for your effort and time! I'm super happy to hear that it does what we're looking for it to do, sounds like a no-brainer purchase.
    It really is, honestly. This is how the car should drive from the factory.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast