Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Well that was my second thought, and definitely a cool color. I like that you have left it original and that was my favorite color for the Gen IIIs.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Southern California
    All this talk and all this isolation is making me wish I have my engine rebuild finished and could head out..........Send Videos and updates please......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 ACRx #24

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Well that was my second thought, and definitely a cool color. I like that you have left it original and that was my favorite color for the Gen IIIs.
    Thanks Bill. It was a complete surprise. When I bought the car it was wrapped in matte black. I called Tom to give him my chassis number and he told me about the color. Jeff Stout and I immediately removed the wrap to a pleasant surprise.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

The Stouts are great folks , it was always fun being around them during Viper Days, so I put PIR on my bucket list. I have followed their exploits turning the old Beaver Run Track into a must run , premier track!!!

Hope to get out there in the next few years. Glad your are coming out to Hastings , it should be another fast and fun Viperfest!
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Well, bad news for me.
    The Canadian/US border closure was set to expire this Thursday, but unfortunately the official announcement today
    has extended the closure until June 21st. This means there is no way for me to get there.

This has really got me bummed out, as I was looking forward to spending an awesome weekend at the track with so
    many amazing friends and the Viper community.... not to mention getting the ACR-E on the track after so many years with the RT.
    Last edited by RT SERPENT; 1 Week Ago at 05:01 PM.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post
    Well, bad news for me.
    The Canadian/US border closure was set to expire this Thursday, but unfortunately the official announcement today
    has extended the closure until June 21st. This means there is no way for me to get there.

This has really got me bummed out, as I was looking forward to spending an awesome weekend at the track with so
    many amazing friends and the Viper community.... not to mention getting the ACR-E on there track after so many years with the RT.
    That sucks!!!!
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Heh, Arizona everyone will be upset because the rumor was he was bringing down 2 cases of Molson!!!
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 1 Week Ago at 08:12 PM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    For everyone Arizona , rumor was he was bringing down 2 cases of Molson!!!
    Don't know about Molson but the margarita machine will definitely be missed.
    2008 Viper ACR
    2009 Viper SRT-10X | 190mph Standing Mile | 10.76@133.7mph 1/4 Mile

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Minnesota
    Yeah I heard that on the radio yesterday, and thought of you right away. That sucks big time.
    First it was a '95 RT/10, then came the '01 GTS. Now it's a '14 GTS. They say the third time's the charm, I have to agree.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Heh, Arizona everyone will be upset because the rumor was he was bringing down 2 cases of Molson!!!
    lmao!

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have links to some good Hastings track videos with fast times?
    The fastest I could find is this 1.28 by an Exige, but it's got no overlay-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ixu-LC5HUI

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Here's a 1.30.6- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e77x9KHXldo
    Nice driving he didn't really slow down at all after the long straight onto that high speed turn. That's the key to a fast time at this track.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Don't know about Molson but the margarita machine will definitely be missed.
    Cases of Molson and the Margarita machine were already packed to go
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

RT Serpent, I definitely hope to meet you at a track sometime and I will be happy to buy you a beer. Let's hope the borders open for good this Summer as I know a bunch of Canadians who wander down to Lincoln, Nebraska for the Solo Nationals ( Autocrossing ) and they take partying to a new level.

Do you ever come down to the States to run with NASA, SCCA, or HPDE Track Groups?

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Viper Drivers and Guests:

We met with the track officials yesterday and I am excited to confirm that the Viper Rendezvous is officially on as planned June 4th-7th!

There will be some Covid-19 adjustments to the operations at the MPH facility and we will share those details when you arrive on Thursday June 4th.

Your last date to cancel with an 85% refund is Thursday May 28th.

As a new addition to the weekend, the Guardrail Clubhouse will be staffed the entire weekend for food and drinks. So, if you need a snack or refreshment outside of our meal times, they will have items for purchase. They will also be serving alcohol to non-drivers or drivers once you are finished for the day.

See you in two weeks!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    Wish I could afford to come to this - sounds like a blast!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Fursty View Post
    Viper Drivers and Guests:

We met with the track officials yesterday and I am excited to confirm that the Viper Rendezvous is officially on as planned June 4th-7th!

There will be some Covid-19 adjustments to the operations at the MPH facility and we will share those details when you arrive on Thursday June 4th.

Your last date to cancel with an 85% refund is Thursday May 28th.

As a new addition to the weekend, the Guardrail Clubhouse will be staffed the entire weekend for food and drinks. So, if you need a snack or refreshment outside of our meal times, they will have items for purchase. They will also be serving alcohol to non-drivers or drivers once you are finished for the day.

See you in two weeks!
    Cool!!! Honestly, I will be keeping my space a bit, hopefully nobody thinks I'm an asshole. LOL. I've had unexplained pneumonia out of the blue 3-4 times in the last 10 years or so, so this is something I don't really want to get.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    RT Serpent, I definitely hope to meet you at a track sometime and I will be happy to buy you a beer. Let's hope the borders open for good this Summer as I know a bunch of Canadians who wander down to Lincoln, Nebraska for the Solo Nationals ( Autocrossing ) and they take partying to a new level.

Do you ever come down to the States to run with NASA, SCCA, or HPDE Track Groups?
    Thanks for the offer for a beer. I'll definitely take you up on it! Actually we met in Hastings a few years ago, and I think you presented by buddy (Rare Snake) and I the Stryker award. LOL

In any case, I'm a relative "newbie" to the tracking world compared to most of you, but I've been driving a viper since 2000 and spend most of my Viper time with
    some of my best friends around Manitoba and the Minnesota crew. Distance and time make it difficult when you're North of the 49th.

Other than the VOA events, I've only ran a handful of tracks over the years:
    BIR in Brainerd (it's the closest real track to us), MPH with Viper Rendezvous, Race City Motorsports (the old track in Calgary, Alberta) I used to live in Calgary and bought my 2000 RT brand new there. And a tiny little local track (Gimli) about an hour North of Winnipeg (Rare Snakes home track!)

Unfortunately, Canada is a massive place and getting to tracks like Mosport (East of Toronto) or Circuit Mont-Tremblant (Quebec)
    are at least a 24 hour haul. There is a new track (Rocky Mountain Motorsport) being built just North of Calgary that would only be a 12 hour drive away.
    2017 ACR-E

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Well ,hopefully you can make it down to a track in the States later this year ,as it should not be 12 hours drive to many of them.

Definitely know how big Canada is, since that is an old Trivial Pursuit winning question, " Which is bigger the US or Canada ," and the answer is Canada. Now you guys do like to spread out a bit more than us and I have heard it can get a bit chilly as you head farther North.

Pretty sure there will be many folks missing the Margarita Machine, so 2021 will give you time to make another, ha.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Ready to rock!

IMG-3546.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Looks great Cable. Which tires are you taking? Taking both cars, or just the 9 Liter? Good luck.

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Looks great Cable. Which tires are you taking? Taking both cars, or just the 9 Liter? Good luck.

Pappy
    Just one car! Thanks!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Bringing a lot of unnecessary fuel, as the owner of Bosselman Truck Stops and Pump and Pantry Convenience Stores ( mainly in the Midwest ) is also a serious track rat and 1/2 mile down the road he put in a race fuel pump ( VP 100 octane) . If you are like me I absolutely hate dragging a bunch of fuel down the road in my trailer as a rolling Moltov Cocktail on wheels, plus having all the extra weight to haul , so great option at MPH.

Pump and Pantry , just down the main highway , normal pump for race fuel ( can use you CC right there) and also helps support a business that did this for us racers.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    Arizona
    Bringing a lot of unnecessary fuel, as the owner of Bosselman Truck Stops and Pump and Pantry Convenience Stores ( mainly in the Midwest ) is also a serious track rat and 1/2 mile down the road he put in a race fuel pump ( VP 100 octane) . If you are like me I absolutely hate dragging a bunch of fuel down the road in my trailer as a rolling Moltov Cocktail on wheels, plus having all the extra weight to haul , so great option at MPH.

Pump and Pantry , just down the main highway , normal pump for race fuel ( can use you CC right there) and also helps support a business that did this for us racers.
    AZ's car won't run on 100 Octane - high compression and tuned for C-16. Is that available locally?

Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Well darn, but for all the rest of you folks concerned about racing fuel or wanting to mix with 91 to get to the old magic number, you can fill up over at Pump and Pantry.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Bill do they have 93? I can't remember.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast