Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

91 octane over there at the same station, so easy to do a little mix right at the same place.
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Actually your comment was really good to bring up , as from the manual info many think 91 Octane is all they need, but many of us have heard from our friendly SRT Engineers that 93 Octane is optimal for track use. So for those that do normally run 91, fill some with that , then zip over to the 100 Octane VP pump and finish it off. Pretty sure that the 91 over there is also not Ethanol.

Hope this helps some?!
    Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles within the Woodhouse Auto Family ( now 18 Stores ) Yep, I am still working , ha,ha!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Bringing a lot of unnecessary fuel, as the owner of Bosselman Truck Stops and Pump and Pantry Convenience Stores ( mainly in the Midwest ) is also a serious track rat and 1/2 mile down the road he put in a race fuel pump ( VP 100 octane) . If you are like me I absolutely hate dragging a bunch of fuel down the road in my trailer as a rolling Moltov Cocktail on wheels, plus having all the extra weight to haul , so great option at MPH.

Pump and Pantry , just down the main highway , normal pump for race fuel ( can use you CC right there) and also helps support a business that did this for us racers.
    I run C16, but even if I just ran 100, no way would I take 9 days off work and drive across the country without my own fuel and risk the station being out of fuel. I see that happen to people all the time.
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Never had an issue there , but can sure understand with your fuel concerns. Most of the cars running at the track often just need 91-93 , so usage is not overly high, but I run 98 Octane in my car and there are alot of machines in that area , so the 100 Unleaded Octane meets most folks needs.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Never had an issue there , but can sure understand with your fuel concerns. Most of the cars running at the track often just need 91-93 , so usage is not overly high, but I run 98 Octane in my car and there are alot of machines in that area , so the 100 Unleaded Octane meets most folks needs.
    My car is only 13 to 1, could probably run 100, Prefix recommends C12, I run C16 for insurance. I've been watching the forecast, looks like it's going to be HOT as hell, 90*. Cars are going to be way down on power after the morning sessions. Hopefully I don't lose too much with the C16.....
    2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

The locals are just thankful to Charlie Bosselman , because until he put in the pump we did all have to lug in our fuel. He has a Mustang he runs in American Iron, a Cobra Continuation, and he used to have a Viper. Real car guy and when enough of us asked if he would put in a pump of race fuel he had it up within a couple or months last year. So, obviously we like to let folks know from out of town as it was not available in the past. Healthy Beast that you have and it should be an exciting weekend for everyone and it will be interesting to see the times you, Ted Hughes , Keith Anderson, and some of the Comp Coupe boys from out East put down! Good Luck!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Bill,

Any place near MPH to get tires changed? Thanks.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

I know Hastings Ford helps out a lot of the track guys ( most Mustangs racing out there are running 11 to 11.5 rim widths ). They are a track sponsor and good folks. The Walmart there in town , also does quite a few tire changes and I have had them help out in the past , though not on my Viper.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2016
    WV/PA
    Is there anyone that is going to this event looking for a Comp Coupe ? If you have a serious interest
    and not just kickin tires I'd bring Miss Keystone across the states to help a new owner out with the ride.
    Of course Jeff Stout that did the restoration / updates with over 20k done just last year will be there to answer
    any questions or concerns (which there are none). If you need info on the CC just let me know and I will get
    you what ever you need.
    1996 Nextel CupCar FS
    2003 Comp Coupe FS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    I know Hastings Ford helps out a lot of the track guys ( most Mustangs racing out there are running 11 to 11.5 rim widths ). They are a track sponsor and good folks. The Walmart there in town , also does quite a few tire changes and I have had them help out in the past , though not on my Viper.
    Thanks Bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Is there anyone that is going to this event looking for a Comp Coupe ? If you have a serious interest
    and not just kickin tires I'd bring Miss Keystone across the states to help a new owner out with the ride.
    Of course Jeff Stout that did the restoration / updates with over 20k done just last year will be there to answer
    any questions or concerns (which there are none). If you need info on the CC just let me know and I will get
    you what ever you need.
    It's a great CC for anyone interested.
    Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    The locals are just thankful to Charlie Bosselman , because until he put in the pump we did all have to lug in our fuel. He has a Mustang he runs in American Iron, a Cobra Continuation, and he used to have a Viper. Real car guy and when enough of us asked if he would put in a pump of race fuel he had it up within a couple or months last year. So, obviously we like to let folks know from out of town as it was not available in the past. Healthy Beast that you have and it should be an exciting weekend for everyone and it will be interesting to see the times you, Ted Hughes , Keith Anderson, and some of the Comp Coupe boys from out East put down! Good Luck!
    Mark Kirby and Matt Miller as well. Great drivers and MPH veterans.
    2008 Viper ACR
    2009 Viper SRT-10X | 190mph Standing Mile | 10.76@133.7mph 1/4 Mile

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Way, cool , Keith, this will be an event to watch, as those two are quick and I can vouch for both of them since we all run in the Central Region of NASA. Mark has done some engine mods and he has upped his game , so this could be a great showdown for you fast Viper pilots!!??!!??
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 1 Day Ago at 10:27 AM.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

There is a tire place only about a half mile from the track for tire changes. I have used them before for both Viper tires and trailer tires.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234